View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

BBC Sport - Chelsea's Ashley Cole says 'judge me by my football'

Yeah, mate, I'll judge your footballing abilities on your footballing ability. I'll judge what kind of personal impression you make if you ever meet me and make a personal impression. And I'll judge how much of an absolute prick you are on how much of an absolute prick you are.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Young is a good signing for United because he generally plays on the left. It'll allow Nani to shift to the right wing more often, where I think he is a better player. Phil Jones will be a good player in the future, but am also bleak that O'Shea is on his way. Such a legend.

United definitely need another midfielder with energy and creativity. Anderson/Fletcher/Park fall in the energy category (although Anderson is Brazilian and young, so there is still hope) and Carrick can be creative (sometimes, when he's not being useless or playing a million square balls), but we need a combination of the two. Modric would be perfect but kudos to Spurs for saying, "Lad, you're not going anywhere." Besides, Chelsea would probably have signed him, so works out best for United.

That leaves Nasri and Sneidjer. I'd prefer Nasri because I think he is more of a team player than Sneidjer, who is probably best in a free-roaming position.

Tevez is a joke. Tell his daughters and ex-partner/wife/stripper/whatever-she-is that if they like the 250k he makes a week and would like to continue liking it, they need to move to Manchester. Or even London. It's not like London is the worst place in the world. He just wants to engineer a move and I like City's attitude towards his declaration.

It'll be interested who Chelsea go for. It looks like they'll get Falcao from Porto, meaning Drogba might be on his way, and another defender in the shape of Dann or Cahill. Maybe AVB is over Terry.

Charlie Adams isn't a bad signing for Liverpool, but I don't think he is quite Champions League level (which is where I'd hope Liverpool want to be). And they also have a glut of above-average central midfielders. But maybe a Gerrard Adams central midfield could work (I just feel that Adams isn't mobile enough, but hey).

And Arsenal are just useless. Clichy leaving isn't that much of a problem; Gibbs is a better player in my opinion and Clichy isn't world class. But they've lost out on their Argentinean replacement for Fabregas and seem to be twiddling thumbs. Yes, Gervinho is decent, but strikers aren't your problem. And the defence - seriously Arsene, get on your horse and do something. And maybe swap Arshavin for Mata, although I still rate Andriy as a class act.

City on the other hand are being very quiet. Maybe they've got a surprise coming.

EDIT: Regarding FM's realism, I signed Giles Barnes and he was a central midfield genius for United. In real life, he is now out of contract.
    Last edited by champagne supernova; 07-07-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'd always assumed Adam would sign for United and be the heir to Paul Scholes (or at least replace Carrick! Certainly not a United standard player), so I am pleased we have him. We can't attract the Champions League level signings yet, though, because, well, we're not in the Champions League. Baby steps. Our recovery isn't going to happen overnight.

Also as much as I'd love to say "Ha ha smurf Arsenal they're finished", they never finish outside the top four no matter how much it seems like they're falling apart at the seams. I'd like it to happen, but it won't. They'll be in the top four.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You all have no idea how gutted I am that O'Shea <s>looks to be leaving</s> has left.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    You all have no idea how gutted I am that O'Shea <s>looks to be leaving</s> has left.
    Do you remember the 03/04 season (I think) when he was our first-choice left-back and scored all those goals from corners? Or when he chipped the goalkeeper in the last Arsenal-United game at Highbury?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'd be lying if I said I totally remembered that. But I've always (tongue-in-cheek) insisted that he was the best player in the world and he only plays in defensive positions because if he was playing in an attacking position he'd be too good. He has to dumb down his game because he's so modest that he doesn't want the entire world singing his name day-in, day-out. And he has to pretend to get injured to avoid scientists studying him for his freakishly good fitness and invincibili-- okay, you get the idea. So now my mates are going to constantly laugh at me about how we sold the best player in the world. Dammit. xD

But seriously, such a freaking good guy. I can only assume that season you're talking about is the one that he scored 4 goals in 5 attempts (5th also on target). And him playing in goal. And as a striker. I've definitely seen him in every position, I know that much. But such a great attitude and a proper loyal player - #26 in Manchester United's all time top player list, one behind Beckham. If he played around twenty more games for us, he would have been in manutd.com's "Legends" page for most appearances (the top 21 are listed). Sucks he's leaving and I do wonder exactly who our fourth fullback is going to be next season. I hope it's not straight to Evans/Smalling/Jones once Rafael/Fabio/Evra are out of the picture. We have no tall/defensive option for those trickier ties now. Well, none that are natural in such positions, anyway. Not even De Laet, he's already moved on loan for the season. Hrm.

He also was (or could still be) the only player in the Premier League to have a 100% shots to shots-on-target ratio. And here is the video.

YouTube - &#x202a;Arsenal - Manchester United 2-4&#x202c;&rlm;

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ahaha, yes, I do remember that one after watching it. Awesome memories.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ahaha. Yes, pretty much. Think we need both a fullback and a creative midfielder, but doubt like hell it'll be Modric. Not sure it'll even be anyone obvious, but we'll have to wait and see.

Blog Entries

>Look at flowcharts
    >Pretty funny reading, continue
    >Why have I not seen this website before, it's comedy gold
    >Start to notice articles not about football
    >Flowchart: Support the strikes
    >"Are you sure you want to delete Surreal Football from your history?"
    >It was good while it lasted

there was a picture here

Apart from United, who actually are going to sign that central midfielder. Also hope SAF sees Hargreaves training video and brings him back because that bloke is a football genius. Besides, he can't be worse than Owen.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Televised games until the end of November confirmed:

BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Fixtures
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Flowchart: Arsenal&#039;s transfer strategy | Surreal Football

Wow, it's getting more and more accurate.

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

i cannot wait for the premier league this year!!!.......... oh wait thats right i forgot were not in it this year................
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292