View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Flowchart: Arsenal's transfer strategy | Surreal Football

Wow, it's getting more and more accurate.
    They'll probably hit the top-right block by the end of the week.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

No way, we'll drag out the Fabregas thing as long as possible, may as well troll Barcelona a bit before they get him. OK now he will be gone by Friday...
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I just love the idea of a bunch of suits in a board room in a blind panic.

"Oh god oh god oh god"
    "We have no defence! What do we do!"
    "We're smurfed we're smurfed oh jesus"
    And then one man slams his fists on the table "SIGN WILLIAM GALLAS!"
    "SIGN WILLIAM GALLAS!" they all cry. "Of course!"

Then they all sit around watching one bloke on the phone. Praying, crossing their fingers, and chanting "please please please please".

"We didn't get him."

Silence.

And then more panic.

"Oh god, everyone is going to KNOW!"
    "We'll be a laughing stock!"
    "Couldn't even sign Gallas... the fans will riot!"
    And the same guy as before slams his fists on the table once more to yell "DENY THE BID!"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Haha. Yes. And at the press conference: "I don't know anything about a bid for Gallas. HEY HAVE YOU SEEN GERVINHO? LET'S FOCUS ON HIM. "
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Haha. Yes. And at the press conference: "I don't know anything about a bid for Gallas. HEY HAVE YOU SEEN GERVINHO? LET'S FOCUS ON HIM. "
    I don't know if we can be so smug. Ferguson said today that Nasri has got his mind set on another club (most likely City) and Modric is unlikely to leave London (whether he is playing for Chelsea or Spurs is another question), which means that if we don't sign Sneidjer, we're going to have the same central midfield we had last year less Scholes. And even if we get him, I'm not 100% certain he is the type of player we need. So, looks like we'll be focusing on Darron Gibson and Tom Cleverley.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

In the three games I've seen Cleverley play in, he's been pretty good, but they weren't against the toughest opposition so yeah. I do hope he does well, though, hopefully better than Gibson anyway. But yeah, I do think we will sign another player. I don't know if it will be a marquee signing and I don't care, but I'm sure we'll be bringing in someone. If we don't, it's an obvious concern... and will be a very interesting season. But Fergie himself has said it's a nightmare trying to replace Scholes. This means that he is at least trying to do it, so that's good.

But Fergie himself has said it's a nightmare trying to replace Scholes. This means that he is at least trying to do it, so that's good.
    Yeah, but Scholes had diminished as a player even before Moscow 2008. At the end of 2011, he still had the vision and the passing ability, but his legs were gone. Ferguson should have signed someone a while ago. Although Anderson might come good. He has played some fairly awesome through balls and he is a true box-to-box midfielder. He just needs to learn how to head. And how to not crash cars.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

If the newspapers are anything to go by, it looks likely that a move for Sneijder to United could be done soon. But as British & Irish tabloids are anything to be believed, they will already say that he is parked outside Fergie's gate for a spot of wine & telling us he had a United crest tattooed on his private parts since birth.

Looks like Nasri will stay also. Leaving on a free next summer then?

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

"People in Italy" keep saying it's definitely on, but I can't see how after rejecting the idea over and over and over at Inter, they would suddenly say "oh we sold him."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Well club's have been doing that to get an increased offer for as long as I remember, although I do think they genuinely want to keep him. But there is a price for everyone (probably apart from Messi), we seen that with Cristiano. I would really love if he came to United!

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I just love the idea of a bunch of suits in a board room in a blind panic.

"Oh god oh god oh god"
    "We have no defence! What do we do!"
    "We're smurfed we're smurfed oh jesus"
    And then one man slams his fists on the table "SIGN WILLIAM GALLAS!"
    "SIGN WILLIAM GALLAS!" they all cry. "Of course!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC Sport
    William Gallas is not with the squad in South Africa due to a calf problem
    The plot thickens...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

He's tending to Wenger's "calf"?

I like Gallas, but only when he makes his lengthy man of the match speeches.

Blog Entries

1.5M for Wayne Routledge? Jason Scotland's heroic return to the Liberty Stadium? 17th place finish? I WANT TO BELIEVE.

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    1.5M for Wayne Routledge?
    want to trade him for Stewart Downing?

Mind you I can kind of see method to the madness. In Adam and Downing we've bought two players more than capable of planting the ball onto Andy Carroll's noggin, and with those two and Stevie "Hollywood Ball" G in our squad, I guess that is going to be our Plan A next season. Plan B is have Luis Suarez destroy the opposition single-handedly.

Price is a bit high (although like all LFC transfers this summer the widely reported price is higher than the actual one - £18.5m), as was the £16m for Henderson, but smurf it, I'm not the LFC accountant. And I guess you can't complain too much about signing the best player of Blackpool, Sunderland and Villa. (take your Ashley Young and shove him up your arse. see: Liverpool transfer strategy flowchart; Villa fans + players' player of the year awards ) With no European commitments, it will be really interesting to see how well this new team will fare actually.

also as I am a liverpool fan and it's july: THIS IS ARE YEAR!!!!! to come 4th. I hope.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Fergie said he is out of the running for Sneijder. Well that's fantastic, all we have in midfield is Anderson, Carrick, and Fletch, with Gibson as good as gone. This is a real problem. We have no playmaker. Carrick is only capable of passing backwards, Anderson is hit & miss, and it's unknown if Fletcher will be 100% fit come the start of the season. It seems we have an abundance of wingers but nothing in between. :/

Scholes was a once in a lifetime player, but we can't just expect for another talent like him to come through the ranks, so we need to splash out, and on two ideally.

Str8 Pimpin'