View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415162030 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    So Joey Barton is the footballing equivalent of an internet troll, Gervinho is foolish and Robbie Savage is in dire need of a punch in the face.
    I'd struggle to disagree with any of that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Why should anybody be sent off for wasting Nani? It's like the people who claimed Joey Barton should've been sent off for learning Gervinho. I just don't get football fans sometimes.

ps: actually I only brought it up because of this Surreal Football (sorry Manus) article. It worked!
    People are far too quick to assume that a disagreement means that someone is wound up. It didn't work. You've done far better when it comes to winding me up without the need for instructions. xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

The media fuss over De Gea is ridiculous, he's played two games and already he's useless and should be ditched. Who'd be a goalkeeper these days.

A fond farewell to Fabregas. Nasri will get a much less fond farewell.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

The media fuss over De Gea is ridiculous, he's played two games and already he's useless and should be ditched. Who'd be a goalkeeper these days.
    It might be a bit premature, but he definitely needs to pull himself towards himself. He might have the talent but he definitely needs to be more dominant in the area and improve his concentration (the fact that he let in the most goals from outside the box in La Liga suggests that this might not be too easy to solve). I don't understand why we spent 18 million quid for an unproved kid though. We have Lindegaard, who looked very solid in the games he played, and there are lots of experienced, capable goalkeepers (Shay Given for example) floating around.

Besides that, the lack of Sneidjer might not be too traumatic. I like the look of Cleverley and, for me, he feels to be more the player we needed to sign than Wesley. Sneidjer might be fantastic going forward, but I don't ever recall him having a great work-rate, especially defensively. Cleverley looks like he is always going to be making space to receive a pass, have clever touches and short passes and will cover the ground defensively.

Selling Wes Brown might have been silly. But Phil Jones looks like he was born in an United shirt and Ashley Young will hopefully get better as he becomes more confident in an United shirt and starts to run more at defenders (instead of cutting in and crossing to the defender's boot).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Selling Wes Brown might have been silly. But Phil Jones looks like he was born in an United shirt and Ashley Young will hopefully get better as he becomes more confident in an United shirt and starts to run more at defenders (instead of cutting in and crossing to the defender's boot).
    Selling Wes a silly thing? No. Selling O'Shea? Yes. We have five central defenders and three fullbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Selling Wes a silly thing? No. Selling O'Shea? Yes. We have five central defenders and three fullbacks.
    Wes was epic against Liverpool. And he was an epic right-back in the season we won the Champions League (and it was he that put in the cross that Ronaldo scored from to give us the lead in that match).

Anyway, Smalling looks good at right-back. And if injuries get that bad, Valencia and Fletcher have both played well enough there and I'm sure Jones can slot in too.

Boy, once Man City brought on Kun they looked SCARY good.

Take care all.

It's not difficult to look scary good against Swansea at home.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Two goals and one assist (and it was a damned skillful assist too) for Aguero in his first 30 minutes of English football. If they can convince his compatriot to stay, can you imagine a front three of Aguero, Tevez and Silva? That's the stuff nightmares are made of.

Also sorry Manus ...at least you got to see your boys with the official Premier League font on their backs. That's... something, right?

Swansea needn't worry, they'll probably pick up three points when they visit us next month.

Blog Entries

Well, tit.

We were on top for the first 20 minutes! Vorm had a great game, Dobbie had a mare (what the hell was he doing with that shot from 25 yards on around 60 minutes? Sinclair was clean through), but we just didn't have the fitness to keep going in the end and it showed. Aguero's second goal was a belter. Don't think we deserved 4-0 though

Now, I'll see you guys later. I'm off to drain the emergency gin cabinet.

Swansea needn't worry, they'll probably pick up three points when they visit us next month.
    I have tickets for that!

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hurl abuse at Nasri/Wenger* for me, will you?

*if they're still there.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Carlos who?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

And us, to be honest.

I'm disappointed I didn't get to see the match, but I was listening to the BBC commentary and I wish I'd seen Aguero playing.

Also, roll on Saturday and our match with QPR. I'm fed up of waiting for our first game so I can moan about our lack of goalscorers/money with which to buy goalscorers/Neil Warnock/all of the above.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It always seemed that Chelsea would inevitably get one of Torres or Aguero.

Penny for your thoughts, Roman? =]