View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202434 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Please come back soon Nigel, we are a bag of trout without you.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Shoot me repeatedly in the head, this is not a world in which I want to live anymore.

Blog Entries

Well I think that's all that needs to be said about that game.

(Bro admin note: Sort out that retarded non-working mini window that appears whenever I click the insert image button)

With regards to the Liverpool game, I don't think Liverpool were all that bad (apart from their shoddy passing), just Spurs were sublime. Adebayor's goals were top drawer, and Scott Parker dominated Liverpools non-existent midfield. Both sendings off were valid imo, though maybe Bale went down a bit easily for Skrtel's second yellow. I especially loved the red hot and in form Andy Carroll's zero contribution!

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Perhaps the most amusing thing about Chelsea in our game against them is that everyone thinks that Torres is there biggest problem, and perhaps this will continue after that balls-up. This is the most amusing thing about Chelsea because he was so much better than any of their other players in that game. The other player's weren't terrible on a whole - they gave us a good fight and more goals could have come in for either side - but yeah, he was easily their most dangerous player.

And ahahaha at Evra vs. Lukaku for corners. Crazy.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

I will never stop loving you Fernando, thanks for trying to make me feel better :')

Also I thought Andy Carroll contributed more as a midfielder when we went down to 9 men dropping deep and chasing people down than he does as a striker. Go figure.

Welcome back Steven Gerrard.... now, can you play central defense?

Take care all.

Articles

It was good to see Owen Hargreaves back too!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Owen "Those injuries were all United's fault" Hargreaves. But seriously, when a guy is injured that long, you really want him to play very well, even if he is playing for your rival. I genuinely hope he has an immense season - so long as City don't win anything, of course.

Articles

Owen "Offered to play for Man United for free" Hargreaves

...actually why the smurf am I praising somebody who offered to do that? Burn in hell, Sven's lovechild!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

What a ungratefull prick Owen Hargreaves turned out to be. Too right, and to say he had his wages in the bank every weekend while playing feck-all football for three years or so makes me cringe. I think it's accepable to say that United would have some of the best medical staff any club would hope for, so blaming a team for your injuries is a bit much. Headlines were something along the lines of "Unnessesary injections could have ruined my career" - Well lets not forget either that it was ultimately up to him whether he wanted an injection or not. If what he is saying is true, and he knew something was wrong, then all he had to do was say it. And I used to think he was a nice guy

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wouldn't say he was angry or anything, the words are mostly out of context and seem much worse on written paper than when he actually said them. He was asked some awkward questions, too. When asked if you were happy with getting treatment that, inevitably, did not work and potentially exaggerated some problems... who would say "Yeah, I was happy with the treatment!"? Nobody in their right mind. However, it was actually us that sent him off to get the surgery that he inevitably needed and I don't think City can claim to be the reason for him being fit again. He was fit when we let him go.

He actually mentioned that he's good friends with the docs at United etc. and I honestly don't think there was any hidden agenda, it's just journalists trying to (rather successfully, I suppose) work a story out of Hargo moving from United to City. They'll ask as many questions as they can with the intention of finding an angle that they can exploit, and in this case, they did so. I don't think he has any ill feelings towards United, he did after all offer to play for us for free. If he wasn't happy with United, why the hell would he do that?

Well, looks like I was right that Tevez will be down on Man City's depth charts.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Can't believe Tevez's side of the story at all. He's thick, but he's not so thick that he can't do what he's told on matchday. It's not like he doesn't understand the words for being told to go on - he's been a sub a lot in his career before in English football.

Blog Entries

At least now we know why Fergie was reluctant to give him a contract.

there was a picture here

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

^ My thoughts exactly.