View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11151617181920212223242526273141 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Fair play to Napoli really, can't complain too much about the way things turned out at the end of the day. Worst group to be in, we could have done better but we finished up with 10 points which isn't a bad result. Nice introduction to CL football for the team and hopefully we don't drop off horrifically after christmas and end up back next year, we'll be better off for it. Especially if we get a kinder draw in the group stages. Mind you we could just pull a United and get knocked out by a bunch of sunday league teams from lichtenstein or something anyway so who knows

edit: I don't know why anyone would be surprised at us failing in Europe considering our transfer policy for the last two-three years has been "BUY ARSENAL'S ENTIRE SQUAD!!!" the only reason Arsenal went through to the knockout stages is because they aren't Arsenal anymore thanks to us.

still a bunch of **** ****'s though

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Poor little Nasri sitting on his pile of squillions, top of the Premier League and perhaps more importantly, in the last four of the Carling Cup. Arsenal being England's best team in Europe is kind of weeeeeeeeeeeird though. I suppose the natural order of things will be restored when City sign Van Persie in January.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Poor little Nasri sitting on his pile of squillions, top of the Premier League and perhaps more importantly, in the last four of the Carling Cup. Arsenal being England's best team in Europe is kind of weeeeeeeeeeeird though. I suppose the natural order of things will be restored when City sign Van Persie in January.
    Honestly would not be surprised now that Tevez is on the wander. Not sure if they could afford it though while remaining within FFP, although to be honest City should be safe until UEFA have the balls to put the boot to Barca and Real who are surely the biggest spenders even now.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Even though it's blatantly inevitable, I would prefer if you didn't bring up the fact that Van Persie is going to be playing for City next month. I have got like 5 weeks left to enjoy my team without him in it, and I want to savour it while I can.

edit: it's been on the cards ever since the whole Tevez thing flared up. Wasn't surprising to me at all that Van Persie came out like 2 weeks later or something going on about how there is no need for him to sign a new contract at Arsenal, because he ain't staying at Arsenal. Soon as we smurf Tevez off to Milan/Brazil/wherever, that money is going straight on Van Rapist.

WHY CAN'T WE BUY SOME REPLACEMENTS FOR LESCOTT AND TOURE INSTEAD OH GOD

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

You'll get Van Persie in August and not a moment before!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

Vermaelen is actually a pretty good CB, as well as having the bonus of being Kompany's Belgian partner at the back. Alternatively, you could take a punt on Koscielny, who is probably the second best. Stay clear of Djourou, Mertesacker and Squillaci though!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Mertesacker is a good player (you don't get 80 caps or so for Germany by being crap), the idea of lumping him in with Squillaci is very amusing.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Christ.

Still, it could be worse.

Articles

uhhhhh we're not your feeder club so hands off big Andy. He's going to Chelsea and nowhere else Except possibly Doncaster Rovers or Brighton and Hove Albion.

Also Gerd Muller has 60+ Germany caps but I would say that right now Squillaci is a better footballer than he is. Gerd's still better than Diaby, mind.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I still have not forgiven you or Dalglish for that bag of tit Fulham game. Especially Kenny.

Oh man, Europa League? How embarrassing, we're with the common folk now. I'd rather be out of Europe completely.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As a Man Utd fan, we didn't deserve to get out of that group. I actually thought City were quite unlucky not to go through... ten points is generally what you aim for to qualify.

I just hope we've sorted ourselves out by the time we visit the Etihad in January. We should chuck in a bid for Schneider in January... at least he won't be cup-tied for the mighty Europa League!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    We should chuck in a bid for Schneider in January... at least he won't be cup-tied for the mighty Europa League!
    Which is why he'll reject any possibility of moving to United until we're playing in the CL again, which means the summer transfer window.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Look to Liverpool for inspiration and raid Newcastle! Sign Tiote and Cabaye and you'll be all set to be better than Spurs again! I don't know who it'll take for us to attain such a lofty perch though. Probably two new wingers (Ben Arfa and Marveaux). Oh and a striker who can score goals (Demba Ba). And a DM now that Lucas is crippled for life (On second thoughts, we'll take Tiote) At least we have the left-back position sorted - thanks, Newcastle!

Blog Entries

MICHEL VORM, MY LORD, MICHEL VORM

EDIT: Rangel is doing in that picture exactly what I would be doing if I was near Vorm right now. Pulling the same face and everything. Vorm shrugs me off, as he is above the clamour of mere mortals.
    Last edited by Old Manus; 12-10-2011 at 05:30 PM.

there was a picture here