View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 515192021222324252627282930313545 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm going to eschew my usual rants about how terrible Everton are and just say that the last match I went to was the Bolton game and I saw Tim Howard score. The crowd chanted 'USA' and I was party to that chanting.

Also, is it just me or does Ian Rush in this picture:

Look rather like the third Chuckle Brother?
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

Oh God.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Oh God.
    I think you mean "Oh dear." "Oh dear oh dear." "Oh dear oh dear oh dear!"

Blog Entries

Jesus tap-dancing Christ I am a mental wreck. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown through those last five minutes (a silent one, because my throat pretty much surrendered itself after Graham's goal). I can't believe it, after all my years watching the Swans lose at home to Peterborough, we just beat Arsenal 3-2 and are in the top half of the Premier League. It may be the Hobgoblin but I feel pretty emotional right now.

there was a picture here

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I've never felt so happy for a bunch of Welshmen in my life. Awesome.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I like to think my forced support of Brendan eased the Swans over the line.

Not to be a patronising big club dick, it's a smurfing awesome fairytale story isn't it? Norwich too actually. Football. It's good sometimes, isn't it?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just seen the stats this morning that Swansea have got the sixth best 'passing success rate' in Europe! Just behind teams like Bayern, Man City and Real Madrid.

I think it was something like 85.7%. Level with AC Milan.

That is awesome.

Articles

Yeah I saw that haha.

Also is it time we asked mr. charliepanayi why he did not include Spurs on the poll for this thread? (And did include Liverpool. I mean come on man!)

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Yeah I saw that haha.

Also is it time we asked mr. charliepanayi why he did not include Spurs on the poll for this thread? (And did include Liverpool. I mean come on man!)
    And why he didn't include Ever-

I'm slightly surprised at how well Spurs have done this season - I would've thought 4th would be what they'd be hoping for.

My favourite bit of recent football news is the latest story about Mario Balotelli. Apparently today he went to the John Rylands Library in Manchester and asked library staff if he could pay all the overdue book fines currently owed by students. Unfortunately for students in Manchester, they politely declined his offer.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

Dear Student

Please be advised that your outstanding overdue fines for the publication Godel, Escher, Bach (taken out 18/03/09) have been returned to £0 following a charitable payment by a Mr M. Balotelli. He requested we pass on his best wishes and states that his reasoning is "Because I am rich".

You don't deserve it though, you manure supporting bastard.

Sincerely
    Information Services

there was a picture here

Articles

Craig Bellamy is the most intelligent footballer I think I have ever seen. His movement and positioning are without compare. He's like a god damn fine wine, getting better with age. I love our little neckless Welshman.

I swear, it's games like these that seal my love of the FA Cup.

So happy for Kuyt to finally get off the duck, happy Carroll contributed but I wanted to single out Martin Kelly in this game. He would be a week in, week out starter on just about any other club and so far has been getting just the scraps. However, watching him today reminded me how good he can be. Physical, tough, smart and for the most part, clean (All defenders do some dirty stuff). Great win.

Now if we could only just play like this against the bottom half of the table....

Take care all.

Articles

Bit of a bad game! Still, based on today, Andy Carroll at £35m is better value for money than £19m David de Gea! I can't believe we finallly had an opposition keeper come to Anfield and not be immense. Even Mark Bunn had a blinder. Who the hell is Mark Bunn for smurf's sake! It's a strange feeling but I like it Also yeah Martin Kelly is a highly underrated player and I think he should start more often.

This has been an enjoyable week in what has been a relatively poor season.

Blog Entries

Another day, another incident of racial abuse at Klanfield

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A bit gutted we couldn't come away with at least a draw against Liverpool on Saturday... especially after we dominated possession for most of the match. Fair play to them though for taking their chances (dodgy keeping aside). Not sure why Scholes was withdrawn, it meant Liverpool could push forward in the last 20 minutes and get the winner.

I really can't understand why Evra was booed throughout the entire match though... He gets racially abused by scumbag like Suarez then gets booed for it? The Liverpool team didn't help themselves by wearing those T-Shirts in support of Suarez. I understand they were just getting behind their team mate but considering what he had done... it just tarred them all with the same brush.

The booing of an opposition player is always going to happen, especially with a rivalry as fierce as this one. However, most intelligent people would realise how this is going to come across.

Old Manus' picture above is definitely unsettling. I know this is only one piece of trout scum in the Liverpool end but I guarantee there was a lot more of that going on. I'd like to think the majority of Liverpool fans don't hold views like this but on Saturdays evidence... maybe I'm wrong. I'm aware that racism is an issue for just about every club in English football... there's always a very small contingent who discriminate. However, if I had any association with Liverpool Football Club I would be deeply concerned about the level of discrimination portrayed by fans and players.

As a Man Utd fan, we have just as many issues as the next club. But scousers seem to operate on an entirely different level. Would rather be a filthy Manc than a racist scum scouser any day of the week.