View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15252930313233343536373839404145 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Urgh, have to say Wigan are deserving their lead at the moment. The disallowed goal was the right call early on, but they've been slamming us. Since the goal we've improved by leaps and bounds, but Wigan are so much better than I've ever seen them in this game. There was that time that they had that guy (Zaki?) who came in, scored a few amazing goals and then never kept his form, but beyond that... this is leagues ahead of what I've seen from them before now.

Still hoping we can at least get a point out of this, if not three. C'mon, guys.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

TITLE RACE OV- Wait a second . . .

Trust Wigan to start playing really well against the top bunch of teams when we play them on Monday!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

I've watched every Swans game this season, and sat through all 90 minutes of each of them. But smurf me, today I had to stop watching and do something else at 65 minutes, such was our complete lack of anything resembling a formidable attacking move.

The first ten minutes were the best we had in the game. Scott Sinclair proved to us all that his very indifferent season (even though the media keep talking about him as our best player - very lazy journalism, he has been far from it this season, he's just one of the only players anyone can name) could take a further dip as he moved up a level from missing open goals from six yards (3 times this season so far) to the dizzy heights of failing to even connect with the ball in front of an empty net at half a yard. Excusable as he was in the middle of a bit of a fracas with defending players, but for smurf's sake.

Secondly, if recent performances are anything to go by, we may as well not play with a striker at all, stick Kemy Agustien in midfield and be done with it. At the moment we're pretty much playing with ten men, as our play between midfield and attack is nonexistent. It's only showing now, but Sigurdsson's amazing last few months scoring goals from midfield covered over the fact that attacking-wise, we're completely toothless. I've been wary of this all season. We had 80% of the posession in the first half against Newcastle but didn't look anywhere near scoring a goal because we just can't get the final ball in, just pass it around in midfield until a hopeful through ball goes nowhere. Danny Graham is a carthorse and I never rated him, he can't shoot without falling over.

Defensively...actually, no, it's not even worth it. I may think our attacking options are troute, but our defence is horrifically weak. I don't even care that QPR's second goal was offside, they just schooled us the whole game on how to play effective attacking football. I'll be back tomorrow once I've calmed down.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wigan played fantastic tonight. Well deserving of their win. Really hope they stay up.

Unfortunately for City fans, this brings them false hope. Five games to go. 5 points clear. Yes, I know we have a trip to the Etihad, but City still have to play Newcastle away... and us... Good luck, lads.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Liverpool's Director of Football, Damien Comolli, has been sacked. I guess that means that it was indeed him and not Kenny responsible for transfers. I did think it was weird that new signings or players that had signed new contracts would be photographed shaking his hand and not Kenny's. And given that Dalglish was a caretaker last season and had been in the job a month, well, you don't let your caretaker manager have £35m to spend on one player, do you?

That's not to say "HEY GUYS IT'S NOT KENNY'S FAULT WE'RE tit", mind you. Team selection and player motivation are two honking great parts of his role and they haven't been up to scratch. I just find the dynamics of power at Anfield under FSG very interesting. Apparently they're looking for a new director of football... I wonder if Rafa fancies the job...? As long as he buys Alonsos and Mascheranos instead of Josemis and Pellegrinos, he'll be alright in my book.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Liverpool's Director of Football, Damien Comolli, has been sacked. I guess that means that it was indeed him and not Kenny responsible for transfers. I did think it was weird that new signings or players that had signed new contracts would be photographed shaking his hand and not Kenny's. And given that Dalglish was a caretaker last season and had been in the job a month, well, you don't let your caretaker manager have £35m to spend on one player, do you?
    They said Kenny was responsible for all transfers, but then Mancini is also saying that the title race is over, so make what you will of those kind of statements. xD
    Josemis and Pellegrinos
    Who?

I'm still sure we'll win the league, but dropping points at Fulham at all places? Ugh.
    Looking forward to the FA cup matches this weekend. Predictions? I'm thinking it'll be an Everton and Chelsea final personally. Catch me later when I'm utterly wrong and it's Liverpool Spurs.

Articles

What a waste of money that Andy Carroll is. Would pay £35m for that goal every day of the week mate. The relief is incredible. Anyway why don't we play like this in the smurfing league! Although I tell you, you never ever get used to your team going down in a massive match like that, even if they do smurfing love comebacks. Carroll and Suarez were monstrosities in that second half.

I think David Moyes was right. The whole country probably were behind Everton. Well, the whole country can just lick my balls right now.

I'd rather play Chelsea than Spurs as we have a great record against the blues, and a dire one against Spurs. But I would spend a lot of time praying that Torres is injured for the final.

e: newcastle fans were on our side though apparently. haway the barcodes (it is because us winning p. much guarantees them Yuropeen football)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was definitely in the Everton camp but would like to politely decline the opportunity to lick Psychotic's balls. I've always liked Andy Carroll. My mates said I was insane to keep him in my fantasy team and to be fair... they were absolutely damn right. He was class in the second half though and Liverpool definitely deserved the win in the end.

Pretty emphatic statement from City as well. Laughing at all the City fans felating Carlos Tevez even though they are still covered in pooh from when he shat all over them.

Articles

Well, you said something nice about Big Andy so I'll let you off. He's like Emile Heskey. He's got lots of haters, has lots of pressure on him and doesn't score a lot of goals. But you just feel so sorry for him and want him to do really well and it's all "d'aww " when he does. Love me some Big Andy.

Also, yeah, Tevez was a tit to the City fans who loved him. But, counterpoint, Wayne Rooney. I'll say one thing for Tevez, there is no player in the league I would rather have in the run-in after what he did at West Ham. I guess he may have done A Thing at Man Utd too but I didn't pay attention.

Also, Suarez + Tevez = BESTEST STRIKEFORCE EVER! they would only manage to play 3 games per season together but those 3 games would be like nothing this Earth will ever witness again.

Blog Entries

The credit for that goal actually went to Carroll's Ponytail.

Also, Gylfi Sigurdsson. I can't explain how amazing this guy is at the game of association football.

there was a picture here

I think Andy Carroll needs to just embrace his destiny as our next Sami Hyypia.

Overall, was a tale of two halves to be sure. Liverpool looked lost in the first half and dominant in the second. The Distin error really took the wind out of Everton and they never really recovered.

As I keep saying, let's go out, win the FA Cup and have Kenny retire with the double and move forward with a progressive manager who can build a real new program and PLEASE, NOT JOHAN CRUYFF!

Also, what a player Aguero is. Tevez and Mario are too insane and selfish to really be counted on but Aguero is Suarez minus the baggage with a better touch around goal. I really want United to lose or tie this weekend so the Manchester Derby is for all the marbles, though I am rooting for City to win the league in the end.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Regardless of how much of a prick Tevez has been he is still world class. Him and Aguero today looked outstanding. It makes you think where City would be if he'd been there all season. They'd have probably walked it.

Liverpool to lose in the FA Cup Final to Chelsea.
    Last edited by Bubba; 04-15-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Also, Suarez + Tevez = BESTEST STRIKEFORCE EVER! they would only manage to play 3 games per season together but those 3 games would be like nothing this Earth will ever witness again.
    Just imagine! Imagine if you could also get the best player in the world to play with them, too! I mean, that team couldn't lose to anyone, right? ...right?

Articles

Best player in the world? Is that a not-so-subtle way of saying "Let's have a Ronaldo v Messi debate"? Or was it just some bizarre Loony BoB joke that nobody will get?

although he is a giant and complete and utter tit, Ronaldo for me.

I remember one time in the football thread I said Drogba was better than Ronaldo and Cuchulainn flipped out at me. I also remember saying Messi wasn't very good because debuting out-of-position Alvaro Arbeloa (now at Real Madrid!) marked him out of the game and charliepanayi flipped out at me. And that's my view of the Messi v Ronaldo debate. I judge everything by who gets angry at me in the football thread.