Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Need a New RPG

Try Grandia! It's cheesy, adorable and has a fun plot and battle system.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

The original Grandia was a great game, but I never liked the system for leveling magic, it seemed really broken to me.

You should most definitly play Wild Arms. Im surprised with all those RPG's you have yet to experience Wild Arms. Wild arms 1 and 2 for ps1 and wild arms 3 for ps2. They are my biggest reccomendations to you right now.

Wild Arms 2 is amazing in every sense of the word, and while I did like 3, that game is riddled with so many problems. It's really not very good on a whole. 4 and 5 however are both excelent.

Legend of Mana is an awesome game. Easy to find online as well

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

Xenogears

Parasite Eve

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Wild Arms 2 is amazing in every sense of the word, and while I did like 3, that game is riddled with so many problems. It's really not very good on a whole. 4 and 5 however are both excelent.
    Ugh... you say 3 (which being a good game) is the worst of the bunch... its the only one I have ever played lol.

I didn't read through all the replys so I'm sure some of these may have been mentioned earlier. From the PS2 era of gaming the games that come to mind are Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts Covenant,Grandia, Grandia 2, Persona 3, and Tales of the Abyss. I'm probably forgetting some... hope one of them catches your eye.
    Also if you're really that RPG starved and willing to try something new I was shocked how much Dragon Age Origins managed to keep my attention after finally convincing myself to try it. It's different from JRPGs but it's so well done that you just can't help but enjoy it. It should be playable on most PCs by now as its getting a little older.
    I also really loved Ys: The Ark of Naphishtim. It's more of an adventure game and has a very old school Zelda like feel.The voice acting is dated and comparable to say Star Ocean 2. But it's a lot of fun.

edit: I have to toss in some more praise for Xenogears as well.