Thread: Sonic Generations

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Sonic Generations

Hey guys, it's been awhile.

So, I'm checking out E3 trailers, and I see one of Sonic Generations. I haven't bought a Sonic game since Shadow the Hedgehog, but since Generation's announcement, I've given mild interest to the game. But then Sega has to show a trailer of the game running through a rendition of City Escape and they've finally ensnared me back into the nostalgia trap.

Screw you Sega.

So anyway, what are your opinions? I love me some classic Sonic, and after playing the demo for Unleashed, which featuring one daytime level, I have found New Generation Sonic's gameplay to be pretty damn addicting as well, especially if you're trying to obtain an S rank at the end of the level. So, I'm personally going to pay more attention to this game.
    Returners Represent!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am so pumped for this game. It looks amazing! I'm really stoked to play as the old sonic more so for nostalgia reasons, but the new generation sonic looks amazing as well. It kinda reminds of the Tarzan disney movie the way he was cruising on those watch-a-ma-call-its.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I recently downloaded Sonic 1 & 2 from the PSN store. I was surprised by how fun (and difficult) it still remained. It really is the ultimate time burner when your bored. You can bank on me getting this!

Str8 Pimpin'

I'm looking forward to Generations. I haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic & Knuckles for the MegaDrive, so I haven't really had all that disappointment that all the fans seem to have.

I think at the very least the environments in Generations look so awesome. At least in terms of visual asthetics. I love bright and colourful, but detailed, environments in games.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I played the demo, but I found the backgrounds were giving far too much noise. I don't know why, but playing the thing just made me disoriented and dizzy. I didn't have this problem with Sonic 4, but unfortunately it looks like I have to take a pass on this one.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

It certainly looks really good, which has me a bit worried that it's going to fall short of the feverish and sky-high expectations I've seen everywhere. I really hope it doesn't, though. I'd love to see a good new Sonic game.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

I played the demo a while ago. It was neat, but ditto on the backgrounds being too busy. A lot of times I'd jump thinking I'd be going up a platform but it was just background graphics. Annoying.

i know i'm pumped for Sonic Generations as well, it's looking like a sweet title however i wish they would either confirm or deny if Sonic 4 Episode 2 is ever going into production or not.