Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me play this game!

Shockwave Pulsar was killing all/most of my team last time I faced him if I didn't have invincibility up (even if I was summoning a GF he would often do enough dmg to kill that GF and the character). I had Revive/Full Life and Recover on my characters to quickly reset my team, but I guess it also made it harder that I don't use items or the Defend command. The only time I normally don't attack/limit break is when I summon Doomtrain early or I am healing, which is only vs a couple bosses occassionally.

As mentioned before, the battle system is very easy to exploit. If you focus on running away from enemies and keeping your level low, the game will be a breeze for you provided that you play triple triad and get some good card mods happening. I always wondered why we didnt get EXP for killing bosses, and now I know that its because EXP isnt such a wonderful thing in FFVIII. Also, try searching around island closest to hell and heaven for invisible draw points. Please make sure you have enc-none from Diablo equipped otherwise you will be getting in very tough battles every 4 seconds.