I think the best all time sitcom ever was All in the Family. :hello:

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I watched a looooot of Home Improvement. Really the only (live-action) sitcom I got into, aside from I Love Lucy reruns (watched a lot of those also.)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Looove NewsRadio. 3rd Rock, Fresh Prince, the first few seasons of Friends, Full House, Kids in the Hall aaand love Seinfeld.
    I was never one for Roseanne or Married With Children.

Dr. Katz probably doesn't count as a sitcom, but it's another great 90's show.

Blog Entries

I use to like the Drew Carey show but wayching it recently I dont find it funny anymore. I really like Friends and Seinfeld though I always get depressed towards the end of a series. Just shoot me was good until it went into a real downward spiral when they reused plots, tried introducing a new character and got thier facts crossed.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Cobsy Show first and foremost. Then Boys Meets World, Three's a Company, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Kids in the Hall and My So Called Life. The last one technically wasn't a comedy, but I just think it's funny as hell.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I forgot about Wings, MASH and Cheers. How'd I do that?

Have you ever noticed that almost all the white people on The Cosby Show are like... crazy? xD

Boy Meets smurfing World. Certain episodes will still make me tear up.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

Me and my brother were the Nanny fanatics. In my opinion, that show is quite possibly the best sitcom ever created. I was also extremely fond of the Golden Girls, Fresh Prince, Roseanne, Married with Children (Marcy Darcy: Jefferson, MOUNT ME! xD), The Royal Family, and Will & Grace, which is not exactly a dinosaur.

...Blossom.

I am not ashamed to admit that I wanted to be Joey Lawrence. I even bought his CD and merrily sang along in the mirror.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Married with Children, speciaifically the era with Steve cause once Jeffereson came into the picture the whole newlywed vs old married dynamic was lost.

Simpsons, I know its still going but the first seasons will always outshine the newer stuff. Simpsons was great until every episode either became about Homer being more ridiculously stupid than usual (seriously watch the series in order, you'll notice his IQ drops significantly with each new season) or about Lisa going off her usual political activism.

I love Kids in the Hall, but that was more of a sketch comedy series so I can't count it. The Critic was a wonderful and poorly received series, but damn if I didn't love it. It still has one of my favorite jokes in television:

A bunch of terrorist are walking into a New York City theater with machine guns and anti-aircraft weapons

Theater employee: Who are you?

Terrorist: Um...we're caterers!

Theater employee: Aren't you a little heavily armed to be caterers?

Terrorist: Um... we took the subway?

Theater Employee: Aren't you a little lightly armed to be taking the subway?

Frasier is good before Miles and Daphne got together but beyond that, I'm not big into sitcoms. I never liked Seinfeld beyond a few episodes, can't stand Roseanne or Coach. 3rd Rock from the sun is mostly hit or miss. Fresh Prince was alright but Family Matters was a little too touchy feely for my taste. Never really watched the Cosby Show.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The last episode of Seinfeld was golden.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The last episode of Seinfeld sucked.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The last episode of Seinfeld sucked.
    As much as I love Seinfeld, I have to agree with this, it's a horribly sour finale and all the cameos from past characters can't save it.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

3rd Rock from the Sun, The Cosby Show, Drew Carey, Family Matters, Full House, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Roseanne were avidly watched by me and my family growing up.

I suppose I just never "got" Seinfeld. I've seen most of the series, some episodes multiple times, and I kid you not, it's never made me so much as chuckle. It's just flat out boring and all the humor feels painfully forced. Perhaps it's just not my brand of humor? My aunt and uncle and many of my friends find it hilarious.

Hell even FRIENDS managed to make me laugh a few times, yet not Seinfeld.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Boy Meets World, My Wife and Kids (I think....didn't this show start around 1999 or am I mistaken?), Married.....with Children, Martin, Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, Drew Carey Show, City Guys (pretty underrated IMO), Family Matters, especially when the cast members got a couple years older, The Nanny, Home Improvement, King of Queens, 3rd Rock from the Sun (kept me sane when I was going through a period of no cable TV), I Love Lucy. Just way too many cool TV shows I used to watch.

Though my favorites off that list are definitely Boy Meets World, Family Matters, Home Improvement, My Wife and Kids, 3rd Rock, and The Nanny.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down