Thread: Old School Sitcoms

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    3rd Rock from the Sun, The Cosby Show, Drew Carey, Family Matters, Full House, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Roseanne were avidly watched by me and my family growing up.

I suppose I just never "got" Seinfeld. I've seen most of the series, some episodes multiple times, and I kid you not, it's never made me so much as chuckle. It's just flat out boring and all the humor feels painfully forced. Perhaps it's just not my brand of humor? My aunt and uncle and many of my friends find it hilarious.

Hell even FRIENDS managed to make me laugh a few times, yet not Seinfeld.
    As much as I used to like it, the Seinfeld Is Unfunny phenomenon makes it a bit dull at times.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Fraiser
    wait I have that
    Saved by the Bell
    wait I have that too

I even have family matters

but I wanna watch how 'who's the boss' ended

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can see how people would not find Seinfeld funny these days but I still love watching the old episodes. Probably because I watched them all when they originally aired and can still remember their greatness.

Also any Simpsons episode from the 90s is gold. Pure sweet gold. Forget all the crap of the last 10 years though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Friends?

I recently re-watched FRIENDS with my partner who had never seen it. I could see a lot of flaws, although my partner loved it. When I was a kid that was the number one show, and even the silly dramatic cliffhangers felt earth-shaking. It's pretty funny watching it now.

I am also watching Seinfeld for the first ever time. For some reason, it was never really "around" when I was growing up. Overall, I'm really enjoying it. It's lost some steam (im coming towards the end, I think), but no real complaints.

Other than that, I've only seen sporadic episodes of things like Frasier, Malcolm in the Middle, and Cheers, and like them well enough. Just not enough to fully watch and follow. I haven't seen any recent sitcoms that weren't utterly terrible.