Thread: Square Enix should make a "This Is Your Brain On Drugs" commercial featuring Tifa

Default Square Enix should make a "This Is Your Brain On Drugs" commercial featuring Tifa

I was just looking up random facts about various Final Fantasy characters' voice actors, when I came across something about an anti-drug use commercial called This Is Your Brain On Drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7ukc7MV-k

This commercial was made back in 1998, and featured then 18-year-old actress Rachael Leigh Cook (Tifa Lockhart). The commercial depicts her taking a frying pan and beating a kitchen senseless with it, while she says things to symbolize what being a drug addict will do to you.

Of course, she is better known for her roles in She's All That and Josie and the Pussycats, but I found this out too. And of course, Steve Burton (Cloud Strife) is also known for his role in General Hospital.

After seeing this commercial, I also heard about a parody of it on Robot Chicken (which also parodied Final Fantasy VII in another unrelated sketch about fast food) in which her character beats the whole city with a giant frying pan. But what I'd really like to see is a remake of this commercial, this time featuring Tifa Lockhart, as she destroys the whole kitchen with a frying pan, along with punches and kicks, since she's a brawler. They can just take the audio, and render Tifa and her kitchen in CGI, and since this commercial targeted young people, she should wear either her classic Final Fantasy VII outfit or her Crisis Core "cowgirl" outfit. And perhaps, for the Japanese fanbase, Ayumi Ito can dub her as well.

And if possible, perhaps Cloud can also join her by performing Omnislash on the kitchen. Takahiro Sakurai can dub him in Japanese, too.

Would you like to see that commercial if they made it?
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 06-21-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Is that your final answer?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

...no.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I missed you, Supermillionaire.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It would be amusing.

What would be way funnier was if Tifa were sweating, right SM?

I remember seeing that commercial. I thought it was pretty strong. I never realized that was Rachael Leigh Cook. I also saw the Robot Chicken sketch and I was able to get the reference. Awesome. No chance of a Final Fantasy reimagining. Though perhaps you can convince some jackass to do it on Youtube.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

gheghe.. Would love to do that once :P just take a fryingpan and smash everything in the kitchen

*inmagens Cloud doing a Omnislash in a kitchen* hahaha epic

How random. I don't think it'd be funny though.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."