Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Singing!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Singing!

Do you enjoy singing?

I love singing! Unfortunately, I'm really a mediocre singer. I mostly sing Robert Plant and Stevie Nicks songs.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Here's a secret: I want to be better at singing because I am too damned lazy to keep up with my music playing. So while I won't ever be able to play a song on a guitar, I can (and have) serenaded a girl.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I can carry a tune, and I sing a lot in the shower or in the car.

However, there's a difference between being able to "carry a tune" and being able to "sing", and I really am not good at the latter. Mostly because my voice falls into such a range that I sound like a teenage boy when I sing.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    I mostly sing [...] Stevie Nicks songs.
    You're the gayest.

I sing whatever is stuck in my head. I like to spit rhymes a lot, too. Biggie's been my main source of lyrical flow lately.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

you're so white stoooooooooooooo

I sing. I like singing. Jiro said I can sing slutty songs pretty well.

But usually I like singing when no one is around.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

At least you're mediocre. I'm bad. I sing really loud in the car though.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I sing all the time while driving.

Cynnau

I am always singing, whether it is while I am driving or even in my office at work ((Thank god I can lock people out of my office)).

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Do you enjoy singing?

I love singing! Unfortunately, I'm really a mediocre singer. I mostly sing Robert Plant and Stevie Nicks songs.
    Pity I can't hear you sing, just pleased no-one can hear me sing

I couldn't hit a note if I was a garda beating a hippie!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I sing a lot, generally speaking. I would possibly label my memory as a form of eidetic memory but I am not so sure if I truly count as having it as whilst I can definitely remember some things (even one off/once seen events/things) in exacting detail, for example I could to the levels of wear/tear and colour of the items tell you in excruciating details what my ex-fiance wore on our first real date (on our first real date, we ended up at mine) bear in mind we met in November 2004 and most people couldn't tell you what their partner wore 3 days ago or 2 weeks ago even if they went to an important date/event unless prompted or provided photos to check, I have nothing from that night but memory which is for better or worse seared deeply in to my mind forever.

The reason why I doubt the eidetic status of my memory even though there are several pointers which indicate I have at least a sporadic eidetic memory is because I can and do often forget things of great importance and definitely this happens on the short term, I'll be at work doing a task and whilst I can do the task in my sleep I'll be asked for a bit of help by a colleague or by a customer and even if I haven't moved sometimes I'll simply pause and think "What am I doing?" before going "Oh yeah, right!" and carrying on.

Due to my sporadic eidetic memory, I end up knowing the lyrics of entire albums really easily and even years later can listen to an album for the first time in years and word perfect recall every song (Oasis I hadn't listened to in around 13 years when I suddenly got the urge and remembered every lyric in some of my old favourites). Some artists like Linkin Park, 30 Seconds To Mars, Rise Against, Papa Roach, Lost Prophets I can literally scan through their entire discography and with few exceptions pick a song at random and sing along word perfect, it's almost disturbing how clearly I can memorize songs at times. Especially considering the quantity of songs some of these artists have, in my media player when I look at Rise Against it shows some 111 songs in the collection for them spread over some 10 albums. 1 or 2 might be duplicated due to appearances on other albums but there is even counting live or acoustic versions some 90 songs in there which I am fairly confident I would know the lyrics to simply by playing the song and recognizing the opening chords.

As for my singing skills/quality, I don't know if I'm much good at singing but I enjoy it. Other people have also enjoyed hearing me sing in the past including several girls I have dated over the last decade since at least 2 of those relationships have lasted in excess of 3 years at a time, I can only assume I am actually not a terrible singer. I've done karaoke if drunk enough and not been mocked mercilessly for doing so.
    Last edited by Iceglow; 06-21-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Grin girl I'm sorry.

I sang to a crowd of drunks the other night

Cavalier Eternal.jpg

it was pretty baller

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

"I've been afraid of changin'! Cause I built my life around you. But time makes you bolder, even children get older. I'm gettin' older too. :sing:

Articles
    Blog Entries

Better not be the Dixie Chicks version. :/