Page 28 of 124 FirstFirst ... 81822232425262728293031323334384878 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors Game Thread: Mafia XX GAME OVER Mafia cockblock the Cult

You find these suspicious?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lu Bu View Post
    Before this day ends I would like to make a plea.

Players, starting tomorrow can we please refrain from any shenanigans, jokevoting, roleplaying, or spamming? This day could have been far more productive had we been more serious with our goals.

This game is very fun, but the fun in it is the strategy and social politics, which became next to impossible to do with all the silly meandering going on. It's Day 1, sure, but it felt empty overall. We, as a town, need to step up our game. If we don't, we're sure to be dismantled by the Mafia.

I don't mean to be intrusive, but I think that just needed to be said. Sorry if I looked like an asshole, but I literally had no idea of what exactly was going on due to the clustersmurf. Day 1 is always difficult, but we padded it out far more than we should have by being too disheveled and not enough organized. If we can't step up our game, we're through. Regardless of the result, we need to form a unit instead of a giant chaotic mess.

Thank you.
    Come on guys can't we honor the wishes of our honorable dead?

Of course.

Before anyone grabs this chance, I'm going to put myself on the spot. I'm sure most of you must have noticed that I had removed my vote on the previous day for Liu Bei, who turned out to be a confirmed scum at his lynch. Now, I'm glad no one has questioned it so far, I'm bringing this up so we can start some serious discussion, despite it gunning any suspicion on myself. On my behalf, I want to say that at any time of the day, I really had no idea Liu Bei was scum, nor was I playing along with any scheme he may be scheming if he were doing such a thing with me. Let's see what we can out of this, shall we? :letsgo:

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sun Ce View Post
    Well, at the time that Lui Bei changed his vote to Sun Shang Xiang both he and she were tied with 2 votes each. However Gan Ning had 3 votes at the time (Cao Cao x 2 and Lui Bei). So why did Lui Bei change his vote away from Gan Ning and onto Sun Shang Xiang? This put her with the most votes and saved Gan Ning from the lynch.
    That's interesting right there.

Will be back in a couple of hours to make a proper post.

Ma Chao, if you do not want us to think you are guilty of anything, please share your thoughts so far...

Actually, I'm going to take this quick opportunity to comment on suspicious activity by Sima Yi in the latter half of yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sima Yi View Post

*strokes his magnificent beard*

I'm not gonna lie, this names in this game are pretty confusing. So if old Cid mixes some of you up please forgive him.

My beard is telling me that Cao Cao is not working for the enemy. He handled the Day 0 pressure pretty well and has handled himself well since. That double vote is powerful and he is taking it seriously.

As I stroke my beard I do not land on suspicion for Liu Bei. Not only did he impersonate the most electrifying man in entertainment right off the bat, but he has also been pretty vocal about weeding out the bad eggs.

Currently my vote is on Lu Bu. I guess it will stay that way for now. My spectacular beard will look more closely into this now that I am awake.
    I know Sima highlighted pretty quickly that this would make him look bad, and in a sense I side with him there because killing Lu Bu almost looks like blatant incrimination. But, defending Lie Bei and putting heat on Lu Bu in the same post can't be ignored.

This game is way too confusing, especially for an old man like me. I look back through posts and can't remember if one person who said one thing is the same person who said that other thing.

*scratches beard in confusion*

I will say this though. I did not see any evidence to take my vote off Lu Bu and so for Day 1 it's as good a vote as any. My beard agrees, and in it's glory it has spoken.

Meng Huo, you swing your pillars around but do you have anything else to say? I can swing my beard around too but I do more than just show off for the ladies.

Gan Ning, looks like the vote is on you. Your last post was confusing because I don't know who in the beard you're talking about. You'll need to clarify or else you'll be strung up by your (less glorious) beard by day's end!
    A continuation of this - I'm also sensing a kind of nonchalant nature to this vote. Sima isn't attacking Lu necessarily, but he seems pretty deadset on voting for him. Again, I'm not saying this = Mafia, especially considering Lu was just a relatively ordinary member of town and I don't know why Sima would gun for him.

There are two Suns? Holy bearded god this just gets even more confuzzled. Maybe we should just kill off the other Sun. That will make it less confusing and save the hosts the headache of finding a replacement. My beard is thinking about doing this but I'm not so sure since I don't really think Sunshine is scum.

*beard slowly wraps around his neck to save him from this tortuous game*
    But this truly gets me suspicious. Soon before Lie Bei is lynched, Sima starts targeting the player with the second most votes! Not only with weak reasoning, but also this inconsequential type of post I keep seeing. There's also arse-covering, "I'm not sure if Sunshine is scum" makes him look okay if she does die and flips town. Nonetheless Sima is, almost passively, trying to shift heat here.

Just food for thought really. Post might be a bit sucky, I have to go quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sun Ce View Post
    Well, at the time that Lui Bei changed his vote to Sun Shang Xiang both he and she were tied with 2 votes each. However Gan Ning had 3 votes at the time (Cao Cao x 2 and Lui Bei). So why did Lui Bei change his vote away from Gan Ning and onto Sun Shang Xiang? This put her with the most votes and saved Gan Ning from the lynch.
    How can someone Vote for me twice? if I posted twice voting for the same person, wouldn't that kinda be cheating... Curious to say the least.

Coupled with the fact that even if I did have "3 votes" it still would not have been enough to stop Liu Bei from the lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Zhuge Liang View Post
    Alright let me try and sort this out for everyone.

This is Day 0. Day 0 is now over.

Cao Cao has the most votes, as evidenced by the vote count:

[M] Cao Cao (2) - Sima Yi, Sun Shang Xiang
    [M] Sun Ce (1) - Liu Bei
    [M] Xiahou Dun (1) - Jiang Wei
    [M] Sima Yi (1) - Cao Cao
    [M] Jiang Wei (1) - Xiahou Dun
    [M] Liu Bei (1) - Cao Cao, Zhang Fei
    [M] Lu Meng (0) - Xiahou Dun

Day 1 starts from now and continues onwards for another 24 hours. I suggest you get stuck in, because time is running out. There is no Night 0, that would be unfair and/or pointless, really.

Oh, and for having the most votes on Day 0, your dear Cao Cao has a vote worth two(2) for Day 1. Better be nice to him!
    Zhuge Liang gave Cao Cao the pwer of two votes for day 1 that is why you had two votes against you from one person. Also, up until Lui Bei unvoted you and voted for Sun Shang Xiang the majority vote was on you. It wasn't until after this event did other townies show up to vote Lui Bei for the lynch.

(SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Zhao Yun View Post
    Just food for thought really. Post might be a bit sucky, I have to go quickly.

(SPOILER)If Sima was scum and had voted for Lu Bu, shouldn't:
    a) there be more votes for Lu Bu from the scum side?
    b) he have changed his vote to Sunshine towards the end of the day since she and Liu Bei were close in the tally?

(SPOILER)I might just be missing something in your logic, Zhao Yun. If you could clarify your suspicious thoughts, that'd be great.
    (SPOILER)Also, sorry for that day one vote. Purely random selection. I love you

(SPOILER)Whoops. I meant to include more of a quote from Zhao Yun in that post. Having all these spoiler tags everywhere confuses me . Oh well, I guess you guys can scroll up two posts to see what he had to say anyway.

Both of those things would have been far too obvious. Voting patterns need to be spread, and all you need to do is look at FDR from President Mafia to see just how risky outright breaking close ties is to save your Mafia buddy. It was more subtle to try and stir others into doing it. The case against Sima definitely isn't strong enough to be certain he's Mafia, not by a long-shot. But I just found his behavior yesterday not quite right.

Also, love you too, baby.

(SPOILER)I dunno. Sima also made an offhand comment about me posting in Spanish (which was hilarious, as I'm sure you all remember!) and saying how suspicious it seemed. As I'm not mafia, I'm assuming Sima Yi is more likely to be a townie that speaks his mind and lays all his evidence out on the table for people to digest rather a mafia that stirs the pot. Could be wrong. My suspicions of Diao Chan are still floating about in the back of my mind, but since she still hasn't gotten in on the action, I'm rather short on possibilities

Sorry, brahs, last night was all booze, pizza, and Game of Thrones 'cause I'm catching up a buddy on culture. Work is like a half hour away too, so this is going to be, like, short. I should be back for the endgame, so don't pass out on me yet.

Stealing this move from a teacher:
    Diao Chan, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei all, like, voted for Sun Shang Xiang. Liu Bei was dirtier than Woodstock. Where does that leave the other two?

Gan Ning, Meng Huo, Huang Gai, Zhang Jiao were all on Liu Bei. Sure, Liu Bei was scum, but what misleads people better than voting for your own? Gan Ning seems oily enough, Meng Huo was pretty spammy, Huang Gai I think voted and disappeared, and Zhang Jiao was the hammer for Liu Bei's demise. I'd say I had to have been pretty baked to be mafia and then kill a scum, but then that's me.

##Vote:Zhang Fei because everyone talks better when there's some heat on, babe.

I'm going to leave these bits of information right here, smoke a bowl, and peace out.

Ok, first I'll apologise for my absence; it's exam period, and you people are on the wrong side of the planet.

Secondly I'll explain my vote on Sunshine. While her post probably didn't deserve a vote, I hate it when people are clearly not reading through the thread properly. I understand that her vote was a stab in the dark and a vote to get things going, but she had completely missed the fact that the post she was quoting was an edited joke post by now confirmed mafia member Liu Bei. I said originally that this looked like it could have been a badly planned scum tactic, as I couldn't understand how someone could miss something so obvious. I also said that it may have actually just been a mistake, I still think that both are possible, and both are detrimental to the town.

Sunshine's Post:
    (SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sun Shang Xiang View Post
    Oh great... So now the games begin boys! *bats eyes* Though there's not too much to base votes on on Day one. I wish someone could just do something completely suspicious so we have something to grab on to.

I just remembered
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ma Chao View Post
    I am mafia

##Eat: Liu Bei
    I know he's probably just messing around but I have nowhere else to look so...

##Vote:Ma Chao

Liu Bei's edited post:
    (SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Liu Bei View Post
    I am mafia

Ma Chao's original post:
    (SPOILER)
    Thank goodness for the hotdog!

Lastly, I'll talk about what I've found to be suspicious. I didn't really like the way that Liu Bei and Cao Cao attacked each other, threw votes upon each other, buddied up and then unvoted each other. It just seemed like they were having a pointless argument to distance themselves from each other, while at the same time looking active. (this also happened with, to some degree, Sima Yi) The conversation started here and continues for a while.
    I didn't like it as I was reading through it, and I like it less now that I know that Liu Bei is scum. I haven't read anything that makes me feel a vote is needed, but did anyone else find this odd?

Alright guys, I have important news you must read.

Do not under any smurfing circumstances kill me.
    This is why.

I am the Bomb. Why did I tell you this? because I think the mafia has already figured this out with all my India hints and that's why they didn't go through with their framing me ploy. Thus the town is at a disadvantage. This now puts us on a level playing field.

As for my vote, it is going on Zhang Fei. He has only posted once and it was to vote alongside a confirmed scum. I know this gives him two votes now but I was going to vote for him before Zhang Jiao posted and I don't know if I will be back today. So my mind hasn't changed.

##Vote: Zhang Fei