Has anyone seen this movie yet? I've looked for a thread and I couldn't find one. Well anyways, I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of it!
Here's my non-spoiler opinion: See it because it has a few laughs and some great special effects. I went and saw it without knowing a thing about it since I'd been in Jamaica for a while, so it made it all the more interesting. Don't expect the new E.T. or anything, because it does not fare as well towards the end.

Spoiler opinion: (SPOILER)It was so obvious that all the effort was put into making this a mystery and thriller. It's about an alien that escapes a derailed train, which they hide for the majority of the movie. Not only that, they first make it seem like the United States Air Force is doing some sneaky and bad things, like setting a fire to evacuate the town and being all hush hush and torturing an old man. It caught my interest but then they never really explained anything! In short, they explained why the old man drove his truck into an oncoming train and his role in the USAF, but it still made no sense by the end. And THEN, the alien is hanging it's captured people upside down and eating them. But when the little protagonist says. "Why don't you just leave cause things get bad but they can get better again" and so the alien is like, "Okay!" and leaves. Alright, cool. I'll remember that, maybe if I get sexually assaulted I can just say, "Things will get better for you. Just leave." and he'll leave! Sounds like a plan.
So yeah, I felt it didn't deliver in the end, and also seemed messy, like he ran out of time.