Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P Ryan Dunn (post pics)

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I didnt mean Ryan wasnt all to blame, im just sick of people saying it was completly his fault for the guys death. I think they are both to blame.
    I may be reading it wrong, but your first sentence doesn't make any sense. "All to blame" is the same thing as "completely his fault".

Dunn killed the guy. He didn't do it intentionally, but the fact remains that he was in control of the car making bad decisions. His friend should have been smart enough to know getting into a car with a drunk person is not a good idea, but I can only assume that he was drunk out of his mind as well and we all know alcohol does not improve your judgement. To me, saying that it was his friend's fault that he died is like saying it's a family of five's fault for getting hit and killed by a drunk driver just for driving on the same road as them.

Look, he was in control of his own life (dunns friends) up until that point he decided to get in the car which is completely his own decision, not ryans. From then on, the blame can be shared i suppose. Thats what I meant.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

'Who's more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?'

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kind of agree with those articles wagging finger at Ebert for his tweet. "It does not matter that you were right. When you see a hearse drive past, you do not whip out a megaphone and bellow, 'This was your own dang fault,' even if it was."

I think it's fine to be devoid of sympathy for a person who dies from their own stupidity (I usually am), but it's not appropriate for a public figure to so crassly criticize someone like that immediately after their death. Ryan Dunn is dead so the words won't hurt him, but the people grieving shouldn't have to deal with planning a funeral and with people saying things like "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive." A man with half a million followers would do well to at least wait until the corpse is buried. I doubt Ryan Dunn's mother cares that Ebert's right.

As for the passenger, Rowan, you don't know what happened, so you can't really say if the passenger is owed any blame for his own death or not. You don't know is Dunn appeared drunk, and, like I said, drunk drivers will usually lie and say they're fine to drive. It's not the guy's responsibility to take inventory of how drunk Dunn was, nor is that really possible unless they're slurring and stumbling around like a jackass. If Dunn said he was fine to drive, he lied, and he killed his friend. If he was clearly drunk and the guy got in the car anyway, that's a different story. But you don't know that, so I don't know why you seem to feel like we just have to put some blame on the other dead guy.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He seemed like a rainbows kinda guy.

Its a fool who doesnt learn from his own mistakes, and an absolute MORON who doesnt learn from other peoples mistakes.