Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Ryan Dunn (post pics)

Default R.I.P Ryan Dunn (post pics)

Id been watching CKY, Jackass and Viva La Bam since I was a kid, it saddens me to hear that Ryan Dunn was killed in a car accident. It also saddens me to hear that it may have been because of him being drunk behind the wheel. The police have indicated that he didnt appear to have been speeding (due to the state of the railing he crashed into before rolling into a tree), but I will miss him all the same.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Awww. BJ watches a lot of these guys. As such, I almost give a tit.

Being that he is a media figure, I'mma move this to The Lounge.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

It's a shame that it happened, but with their history of making a living by not giving a smurf I'm frankly surprised it hasn't happened to one of them sooner.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Driving 130mph and possibly intoxicated to boot.

I just can't muster much sympathy. I just think it's lucky that he didn't take out other cars and people (besides his passenger) while he was on his smurfed up joy ride.

In ryans defence, his passenger was responsible for his own life by getting in the car knowing he had much to drink also because he allowed ryan to drive knowing this.

what amazes me apparently the paramedic on scene only identified it was Dunn by his tattoos.
    I wish she was real....... I'm forever searching for my Rinoa........

If youd seen the state of the car afterwards you'd be surprised that the paramedic could even tell he had tattoos.

There's a theory going round that he's not really dead & this is all a stunt. lulz @ ppl

But yea, if you travel at 100mph drunk, the outcome will be bleak.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    In ryans defence, his passenger was responsible for his own life by getting in the car knowing he had much to drink also because he allowed ryan to drive knowing this.
    A defense to what?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    It's a shame that it happened, but with their history of making a living by not giving a smurf I'm frankly surprised it hasn't happened to one of them sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Driving 130mph and possibly intoxicated to boot.

I just can't muster much sympathy. I just think it's lucky that he didn't take out other cars and people (besides his passenger) while he was on his smurfed up joy ride.
    The above are QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    That's assuming that the friend 1) was taking inventory of how much Ryan was drinking, 2) Ryan didn't downplay how drunk he was, as drunk drivers are wont to do, 3) the friend wasn't telling him to slow down once they were in the car, 4) the friend could somehow magically feel how drunk Ryan was.

In case you didn't catch that, what I'm saying here is that there is no defense. He killed himself, he killed his friend, and he's just lucky he didn't kill anyone else.

what I meant was that you cannot blame ryan soley for the death of his passenger. He got into the car kn owing that ryan was drunk if he was at the same pub he was and him being his friend, im assuming would have been drinking with him? or at least spent time at the pub with him. He didnt make any attempts to stop ryan from driving, yet got in the car anyway. He is responsible for his own death, it doesnt matter that ryan was driving because it was inevitably his decision to allow him to do so whilst he was in the car.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am surprised to hear that he did not die in one of his stunts, though I am not surprised to hear that he did die as a result of him being stupid. I hope this in some part helps raise awareness of how dumb it is to drink and drive.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't give a crap about Dunn, but apparently a lot of people think we shouldn't criticize him for being an idiot.

Bulltit on that. He certainly didn't deserve to die, but the only people I can muster any sympathy towards is his family and friends, and that of his passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    what I meant was that you cannot blame ryan soley for the death of his passenger. He got into the car kn owing that ryan was drunk if he was at the same pub he was and him being his friend, im assuming would have been drinking with him? or at least spent time at the pub with him. He didnt make any attempts to stop ryan from driving, yet got in the car anyway. He is responsible for his own death, it doesnt matter that ryan was driving because it was inevitably his decision to allow him to do so whilst he was in the car.
    This confuses me. So the guy who actually crashed and killed his passenger wasn't responsible for the death, but the passenger himself? Sure, the friend may well have been an idiot as well and made a bad choice, but that takes no culpability away from Dunn; he was still responsible for his own actions.

Just because the passenger may not have been totally innocent in this does not make Dunn any less guilty for their deaths.

EDIT: the new filter for [that naughty s-word] amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    This confuses me. So the guy who actually crashed and killed his passenger wasn't responsible for the death, but the passenger himself? Sure, the friend may well have been an idiot as well and made a bad choice, but that takes no culpability away from Dunn; he was still responsible for his own actions.

Just because the passenger may not have been totally innocent in this does not make Dunn any less guilty for their deaths.

EDIT: the new filter for "tit" amuses me.

I didnt mean Ryan wasnt all to blame, im just sick of people saying it was completly his fault for the guys death. I think they are both to blame.

And why isnt it filtered when you type it?

Fixed your broken quote tags. It wasn't censored because he went around the censor, which is breaking the rules so don't attempt to do that. ~ShlupQuack

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dunn thought doing dangerous things and taking dangerous risks like he did was a game, and this time he lost. Sounds corny, but it's true. Still, I feel sorry for the guy because he was young, but he was also very reckless -- a lot of the Jackass guys are and really I'm surprised a lot of them are still alive.