Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: google+

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellious Eagle View Post
    I got that antivirus virus twice, but I really doubt it was from Facebook. As far as I know unless you're stupid enough to click those "Girl undresses on camera! CLICK HERE!" things Facebook isn't going to give you a virus or anything of the sort.
    Woops.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that given the (mostly) Windows-using makeup of EffOff, nobody has mentioned one major advantage to G+: Security. Facebook is like the closest brothel to a naval base. If you go there (at least on a 'doze box), you're going to get infected.

Nobody's got any variant of the antivirus virus from G+, and it's not because only *NIX and Mac users have migrated.
    I've never gotten anything from FB and I never will, because I'm not a moron.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I was going to say something but no matter how I word it, it's just going to turn out like a certain XKCD comic

So I'll just post the comic:

/smug

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that given the (mostly) Windows-using makeup of EffOff, nobody has mentioned one major advantage to G+: Security. Facebook is like the closest brothel to a naval base. If you go there (at least on a 'doze box), you're going to get infected.

Nobody's got any variant of the antivirus virus from G+, and it's not because only *NIX and Mac users have migrated.
    People got viruses from Facebook? First I've heard of it. I mean, I know that privacy was an issue on Facebook but yeah. I figure that anyone who knows Google well enough knows that Google are no better than Facebook when it comes to privacy, though.
    fb allows you to link a script as a link - so when you click on the link, you download the script and spread it like cancer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I was going to say something but no matter how I word it, it's just going to turn out like a certain XKCD comic

So I'll just post the comic:

/smug
    I think this explains the goggles you made.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I may actually give it a shot... I've never been one for social networking sites (and now that I think about it... why aren't I? I even recently moved, it's a great way to keep in touch...) but I think i might just join this.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've not tried Google+ yet, but I know a fair few people who are. I only really got MySpace and Facebook because people bugged me into getting it, so I may well create a Google+ account at some stage! I can never make my mind up whether or not I like Facebook, but I did find it's updates, which often seemed to be changing thing for the sake of changing them, to be rather irritating. I'm slightly wary with these sorts of sites, though I don't really think anyone cares that much about what I put up on there anyway! In terms of other social networking, the only other one I really use is Twitter, and I'm not a prolific user of that.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

I don't see how everyone is getting Google+ when I can't ever get in. -.-
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I have it and am liking it. Currently it mainly consists of EoFFers. You lot are a trendy internet sort so it's no surprise the regular folks are slower to the google+ joinage.

RE if you PM me your email i'll send you an invite.

Blog Entries

On this whole FB -> G+ thing, I'll be using both, personally. Just, I'm going to reserve G+ for my Internet Personality, if that makes sense. All the people who are using it that I know are all "nerds", anyway, so why would they be talking to Nicolas, the first year college student? They SHOULD be talking to Kentarou, the Zelda / Final Fantasy fanatic. In accordance with this, my only contact information there is my E-Mail, and my address says "Earth, Milky Way Gx.", and my profile picture is a Wizzrobe. (I've also included my FB Profile Picture, but it's not the default one.)

I kinda dig the circles, just for their ease of use. I'll probably remove the "Family" circle, at least until Google+ starts getting so popular that my family is on it. And as long as G+ is "exclusive", maybe I could use this to get some of my net friends to know one another. :3

I still haven't tried much of this. I'd like to try to add any EoFFers who have a G+, though, since I have a neat little "EoFF" circle. And I need to try the spark thing, too. And I need to try hangout as well.

Edit: The circle rolls away when you delete it. :3

Edit 2: To find me on G+, search "Nico Rawr"

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Some rando mothersmurfer added me to a circle today. It bothers me a little. I don't want to be apart of some stranger's Spank Bank circle.

Blog Entries

You're not that pretty, brah.

Blog Entries

Good one

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary G13 View Post
    Some rando mothersmurfer added me to a circle today. It bothers me a little. I don't want to be apart of some stranger's Spank Bank circle.
    I am sorry; it was me. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I know what you look like. This guy looks like the white Rodarian.