Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: google+

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default google+

General gaming? General chat? I dunno, I feel like The Lounge is as good a place as anywhere for this.

I'm just going to come right out and admit it: I want in. From from what I've seen, it looks great! Finally something to give Facebook a run for its money and suck all the life out of it like it did to MySpace, and I want to be in before everyone else because I'm unabashedly hipsterish. So sue me (please don't).

Has anyone here been invited? Is it as neeto as it seems? Will it devour facebook and spit out its pit?

And can you send me an invite? :P

tl;dr I want a mooglesmurfin invite, dammit!

checked it out and watched the videos. Looks pretty neat actually. I like how you can organize your friends like a playlist. But the "hangout" feature could work really nicely or be really awkward.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

I'd never even heard of it until just now. It's basically like Facebook? The actual page itself didn't really give me a particularly useful overview, but then I didn't spend a lot of time clicking on the links/watching the videos and whatnot.

I'm not sure if I'd join or not; I feel like I'm at enough social media places enough as it is and honestly I don't even use Facebook all that often (I'm more of a Twitter/Livejournal person)!
    Last edited by Pike; 06-30-2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: wtf typos erry day

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Could have potential.
    I like Kung-Fu.

It looks pretty cool, but I struggle to keep up with these social websites.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I instantly had a problem when it came to the circles thing. WHAT IF THEY FIT IN TWO CIRCLES

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I'm with you on this one. I want in, damnit. At least two of my friends already got invites. And they can't send invites out...apparently it's pretty limited in the people they're allowing. :kaocry:

<jealous></jealous>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Unless a hundred of my friends join, I'll probably just register and never do anything with it. I use these things so I can get in touch when the need arises, and most of my friends have Facebook so I don't need another site to do the things I already am able to do elsewhere. What I don't get is how they're all "privacy privacy privacy we're totally all for privacy" and everyone seems to be playing along... but since when have I been able to trust Google when it comes to privacy? They strive for the ability to know about everything you do, don't they? That's why the government goes to them when they need to know things. Just ask Google, they'll tell you allll about such-and-such, Mr. President. Or maybe I'm getting that mixed up with something else. Or just reading bad info. Oh well, I'm not heavily bothered. Either way, I don't need it and until it's the major player in the social networking market, I don't think I will do much there. I try to stick with the most widely used one as that makes it easier for me to keep in contact with the people I want to keep in contact with in such a manner (family, friends who don't use EoFF, etc).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    friends who don't use EoFF

<!-- You have more friends than I do, I'm hate you because I'm jealous -->

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To be fair, I have had one work colleague and about five offline friends register at EoFF over the years, although only one of them really stuck around for a significant length of time. Four family members, too. xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I want to be a hipster too! Only in this regards. I was in the gmail invite only thing before that went live. Gimme google+!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I want to have custom display pics depending on who is looking at it. Everything else is organizable in fb.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I instantly had a problem when it came to the circles thing. WHAT IF THEY FIT IN TWO CIRCLES
    Google is smart! They'll support it somehow!

I'm VERY excited about it. XKCD put it best: What is it? Not Facebook. What's it like? Facebook. Pretty much exactly what I've been wanting ever since those stupid goddamn apps starting going up on FB.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Unless a hundred of my friends join, I'll probably just register and never do anything with it. I use these things so I can get in touch when the need arises, and most of my friends have Facebook so I don't need another site to do the things I already am able to do elsewhere.
    Right, but the point is that eventually Facebook will die like MySpace died and everyone will have moved on to Google+. Just like everyone moved from Friendster to MySpace. And someday everyone will move from Google+ to EyesOnFFSocialNetworkingShenanigans.com . . . or something.

So many of my friends are like "Well, I abandoned MySpace and joined Facebook when only specific university students were allowed" (hipsters, you see). I got in on gmail when it was invite only. Now I want to get in on google+ before everone else does because I want to be better than them! :P

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

invite plzzzz