Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Returners

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Nice try, constable.
    Another place, another time (next week maybe :P) we could have been friends. But now, rage and malice is all I bare for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    The Bandits might consider putting aside enmity for the duration of this suggested raid against the smelly Warriors. Nobody likes them.
    I would be heartily in favour of this. I've never had anything against IX.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SNES > PSX

Prove me wrong, haters.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Nice try, constable.
    More like stable amirite?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    SNES > PSX

Prove me wrong, haters.
    Final Fantasy VII
    Legend of the Dragoon
    Breath of Fire III and IV
    Command and Conquer
    Lunar SSSC
    Grandia
    3D Graphics.
    I could go on but after so many devastating blows you should be in your grave by now. noob.

EDIT: also this: Playstation worldwide console sales figure: 102.49 million SNES worldwide sales figures 49.10 million.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Oh, I struck a nerve. This is more like the Returners best I keep hearing about.

But sadly, for you, you are quite simply wrong. I won't waste my time arguing with you, though, as it will obviously fly right through the empty space between your ears.

"A copy of a copy" HA!
    More like you're running away cause you know you don't have nothing to counter me with, just run away with your little tale between your legs.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post
    SNES > PSX

Prove me wrong, haters.
    Final Fantasy VII
    Legend of the Dragoon
    Command and Conquer
    Lunar SSSC
    Grandia
    3D Graphics.
    I could go on but after so many devastating blows you should be in your grave by now. noob.

EDIT: also this: Playstation worldwide console sales figure: 102.49 million SNES worldwide sales figures 49.10 million.
    Which most of its sales are from us kids growing up in the awesome SNES era who finally entered the working force.

Besides, we got:

Final Fantasy VI
    FFIV
    Secret of Mana
    Super Metroid
    Star Fox
    Castlevania IV
    Super Star Wars Trilogy
    Mortal Kombat
    Street Fighter II
    Donkey Kong Country
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (which every Zelda has been based on since)
    Lost Vikings
    Lufia II
    Breath of Fire II
    and finally Chrono Trigger, which in my book pretty much disavows anything your load time chugging, crappy 3D games could muster up.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nothing can defeat the Ultima Weapon! We are unstoppable! *kefka laugh*

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

SNES > PSX

Prove me wrong, haters.
    Final Fantasy VII
    Legend of the Dragoon
    Command and Conquer
    Lunar SSSC
    Grandia
    3D Graphics.

Eww, FFVII? That game's a piece of glorified trout. SNES has the real treasures of the Final Fantasy series.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Weapon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Oh, I struck a nerve. This is more like the Returners best I keep hearing about.

But sadly, for you, you are quite simply wrong. I won't waste my time arguing with you, though, as it will obviously fly right through the empty space between your ears.

"A copy of a copy" HA!
    More like you're running away cause you know you don't have nothing to counter me with, just run away with your little tale between your legs.

SNES > PSX

Prove me wrong, haters.
    Final Fantasy VII
    Legend of the Dragoon
    Command and Conquer
    Lunar SSSC
    Grandia
    3D Graphics.

Which most of its sales are from us kids growing up in the awesome SNES era who finally entered the working force.

Besides, we got:

Final Fantasy VI
    FFIV
    Secret of Mana
    Super Metroid
    Star Fox
    Castlevania IV
    Super Star Wars Trilogy
    Mortal Kombat
    Street Fighter II
    Donkey Kong Country
    Lost Vikings
    Lufia II
    Breath of Fire II
    and finally Chrono Trigger, which in my book pretty much disavows anything your load time chugging, crappy 3D games could muster up.
    Along with Earthbound, Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World. Suck on it, haters.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh yeah? Well we got Death Star. Bitchez.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have some terrible news. I woke up today to find the corpse of our beloved Demon Dude at our doorstep. Someone is trying to send us a message, and I think it is our long time rivals, the Warriors!

Returners we must not let his death go unavenged! I say we gather all our might and settle this in a showdown. Guardian XIII, fierce member of the Warriors, has been called out, and Jiro has decided to represent the Misfits-Returners alliance in this battle. Let us go to this showdown that will avenge our fallen comrade!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

I never did finish FFVI, I got to the tower and then I guess I lost interest or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Oh yeah? Well we got Death Star. Bitchez.
    I'm sorry I have to break this to you, but that got blown up.

Twice.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Weapon View Post
    SNES > PSX

Prove me wrong, haters.
    Final Fantasy VII
    Legend of the Dragoon
    Command and Conquer
    Lunar SSSC
    Grandia
    3D Graphics.

Besides, we got:

Final Fantasy VI
    FFIV
    Secret of Mana
    Super Metroid
    Star Fox
    Castlevania IV
    Super Star Wars Trilogy
    Mortal Kombat
    Street Fighter II
    Donkey Kong Country
    Lost Vikings
    Lufia II
    Breath of Fire II
    Well for a start I will address the "most of your sales are from us" part: Yes, I do concede that SOME of the sales did come from people who bought a SNES many moons ago but I forgot you people can't do math so let me explain it to you with little words: 102 - 49 = 53 so that means that if every single person who owned a SNES bought a Playstation that still means over half those sales were non SNES owning people (which still beats your measly 49.10 million sales) and besides even if every one of you SNES owners DID buy a Playstation, its obvious why: You guys recognise that the Playstation is THE superior console, a console who's sales can only be beaten by the Playstation 2 (which isn't really being beaten because the PS2 can still play PS1 games) so let me ask you this: where is the backwards compatibility for the SNES? oh right Nintendo are a bunch of money grabbing bastards and don't give a smurf if people's old games never get replayed again, unless its to make a port to their handheld consoles.

Nintendo - which has been around 11 years more then Sony - has stumped up sales of consoles on all 5 machines equals 251.77 million consoles sold world wide, PS1 and PS2 alone can beat that without the extra numbers the PS3 brings to the equation with world wide sales of 252.49 million with PS3 added to that it becomes 302.49 million consoles sold world wide, which lets face it, rapes the tit out of Nintendo's sales.

After that I have further damning evidence: Nintendo had the contract for FFVII but somehow they managed to smurf it up and so Squaresoft went over to the PS1 and the resulting game was the most epic game of the entire series.

Sales of Final Fantasy VII has reached over 10 million copies sold worldwide with Final Fantasy VI barely reaching 3.48 million (including the re-release sold on... you guessed it THE PS1!!!!). When FFVII was released on PSN it sold 100,000 copies within 2 weeks making it the fastest selling PSN game ever released.

Now, lets go into those games you mentioned:

Final Fantasy VI
    FFIV
    Secret of Mana
    Super Metroid
    These here are admittedly good games, but they no where near match the calibre of the games released on the PS1.

Star Fox
    Castlevania IV
    Super Star Wars Trilogy
    Mortal Kombat
    Street Fighter II
    Donkey Kong Country

These games I have put a strike through because lets face it, they are lame games, Street Fighter II I might add has had considerably better instalments on the Playstation.

Your basically admitting that if you have played one of these games, then you have played all of them, lets face it: it's pathetic never changing story same Zelda same Link each game is released with the same story over and over again each with a a little twist on the gameplay element of the game.

Lost Vikings
    I have never even heard of this game, which goes to show how "popular" it is.

Lufia II
    An average game imo, I played and enjoyed it, but it doesn't stick in my mind as being an epic game.

Breath of Fire II
    While Breath of Fire II was an awesome game, Breath of Fire III and IV are much better games, which is evidenced by Wolf Kanno's Breath of Fire Appreciation thread.

Chrono Trigger
    The SNES landmark RPG title, indeed an awesome game but 1 game alone cannot stand up to the might of the Playstation.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hey now, come on. Keep it dirty, guys. No one wants to read long ass posts, they want to see the streets run red with your blood.