Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Returrrrrrrnerrrrrrrs!

Come out and play-e-ayyyyyyyy!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Farewell cruel world.

My boyfriend has now graduated from FF7 and is now playing FF8. He seems to like the junction system better than the materia because he likes being able to customize every stat. And he likes the graphics better of course. Yayyyyy!

I love this game! I just started replaying it yesterday. It's beautiful indeed. I actually think it was the first FF game I ever beat, way back when I was a wee little one.

A lot of the locales are gorgeous, for sure. Is anyone else in love with Winhill? The landscape throughout the town reminds me so much of the place where I grew up that it fills me with such quaint nostalgia.
    "I don't always feel lucky, but I'm smart enough to try"

Blog Entries

July, wow, how strange. It's been exactly five years since I last played Final Fantasy VIII. It is definitely a great game, and I's been thinking 'bout pickin' it up once more. I don't remember a lot of the story and I think it's time to get reacquainted with the game.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VIII is my second favorite FF, after Final Fantasy VII (I find the games to be similar enough and different enough at the same time) . I absolutly love the storyline, especially the romantic aspect to it. Also, I enjoy FE's take on the game as well.

I thought the locales were amazing. Loved wandering around the world. And the card game was awesome. And the Side Quests and the little secrets - like the hot dog lady's son. Fun times.

VII was good, but for me, it wasn't special. The world felt very cold and uninviting (altough it did add to the atmosphere a lot) and I much prefer a world like Zanarkand or FF IX's Gaia. Although if I get my hands on a copy of it I'll definately play it again. When I actually play my opinion is completely different though (definately in my top 5) but when I'm not playing it I just think it's average (like now)
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Playing right now, IMO FFVIII has the most beautifully developed plot, characters, and relationships. The way they highlighted Squall's changing nature throughout is just incredible. About to go to Shumi Village for some sidequests!

yeah gotta agree FFVIII for me is the best game in the entire series, great story, characters and design. For me as well much preferred the junction system over materia system (although still love FFVII as well). i always end up replaying VIII once a year =)

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

FF8 has a cool stat progression system, a very well-made world, lots of awesome locations, and a somewhat all right story.

Oh yeah, the music is pretty sweet too, but I find it hard for me to say that they have "good characters", when the only characters that really got any sort of character development were squall and rinoa.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFVIII is the one that got me started on the FF series. I loved the story & the characters & the soundtrack. It's the game that made me buy a Playstation.

Say, any of you know if it can be played on a PC with Windows 7 64 bit? That'd be so cool. I don't mind if the graphics are outdated by today's standards. It's still a great game

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
    FFVIII is the one that got me started on the FF series. I loved the story & the characters & the soundtrack. It's the game that made me buy a Playstation.

Say, any of you know if it can be played on a PC with Windows 7 64 bit? That'd be so cool. I don't mind if the graphics are outdated by today's standards. It's still a great game
    8 got me into the FF series also and will always be my favorite. You should be able to play it on windows 7. Just get the pc version of the game or run the psx version in an emulator on the pc.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post

Try this:

Final Fantasy and Windows (Vista & 7) are friends again! - IGN Boards

Worked on Vista for me P: