Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This game is so lovely!

8 will always have a special place in my heart as it was the first FF I ever beat and the ending of the game, to me, still ranks with among the best ever.

I deeply enjoyed the characters and the risks that Square took with the game, changing up quite a bit after having such a smashing success in 7. The music, the mystery, the locales, all of it adds up to a very enjoyable game, even all these years later.

Take care all.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FF VIII FOREVER!!!

RINOA FOREVER!!!

PUPU FOR ETERNITY!!!

RAWR!!!!

Slayer & Jessweeee, thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Woo Hoo! I 'll give it a go! Thanks for the link. It's going to take me a while to read through 18 pages of Do's & Don'ts though But I want this game bad on my Win 7 64 bit so I'm going to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    FF VIII FOREVER!!!

RINOA FOREVER!!!

PUPU FOR ETERNITY!!!

RAWR!!!!
    qft, this game is one of the best ever and shouldnt have so many haters. also, zells super crazy op

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don't give it the credit it deserves really, it truly did leave an impression on me. While certain aspects of it feel a bit dodgy, it presented a world I very much enjoyed with characters who weren't all that unbelievable. It took a lot of chances and I think it should be commended for that.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Thumbs up

I still remember to buy it in the time it came out here.
    Final Fantasy was a mark of my childhood
    Last edited by Megami; 11-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Thumbs up

final fantasy 8 was a very merorible game defo one of my best FF

^ too true! This was my first FF encounter and it pretty much defined my entire childhood, it was probably the first game I ever played that affected me emotionally too. I think most people who hated the game generally expected/wanted an FFVII clone (I never saw the appeal of VII after I finished VIII). Oh yeah, and the summon sequences was just totes awe inspiring!

I think the whole 'wanted an FFVII clone' is far from the truth. That's definitely not the reason people hate it. It's because after the brilliant first disc, the game really goes down hill in gameplay, story and character development. The love story between Rinoa and Squall is just so contrived and forced that it's kind of embarrassing. I won't even get in to the whole orphanage ordeal, it was just plain dumb and uneeded.

In saying that, I still enjoyed playing through the game back when it was released and I have a spot in my heart for the first disc of the game.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."