Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: need list of important/need to have/awesome gear and espers.... also.....

You can exit the Floating Continent and go back to the airship once you get far enough into it. so there's no reason to worry about stocking up on items. There's a point where you see the airship floating below you and you're given the option to return if you want. Don't worry about losing Shadow on return trips, since he'll be waiting for you back at the beginning again every time you come back.

Also, all the items you missed on the M-Tek Research facility can either be bought or stolen later in the game, so you don't have to worry if you missed them.

The Genji Glove is also perfectly obtainable in unlimited quantities via Morph later in the game, so you shouldn't waste too much time trying to steal them from Dragons. Besides, you get enough Genji Gloves normally throughout the game to equip everyone in your current party if you want.

And you can't fight the Intangi in the WoR(except on the Veldt, if you encountered him in the WoB), so you have to beat him now. He's not really a "powerful" enemy, so much as a gimmick enemy. Know how he moves, and you can take him out with little trouble. He used to be easy as pie in the older versions where you could kill him while invisible with spells like Doom and such, but in the Advance version you have to slog all the way through his 32,000 HP the hard way.

well I'm at the point where you have the banquet with ghestall. I tried getting 24 people talked to, but got 21 and had about a minute and a half left, with no clue where to go for the last few people.

anyone know of a youtube video that shows the fastest way to talk to all 24 people?

i have a walkthrough that covers the questions, so that part is easy. its just getting those 24 people.

OMG i keep getting 21 people, I'm missing a 3 soldiers somewhere...
    Last edited by mindfray; 07-22-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Start by talking to the personal guards in the banquet hall (can't remember if they count), then talk to the guards outside the banquet hall. Next I head down, outside the front of the palace to talk to the guards outside. Don't talk to Guardian (If you can), you'll get in a fight you can't win and will waste time running away. Once back inside, I usually work my way around in a clock-wise manner, going into the room on the lower left. This is a treasure room and I can't remember if there is a guard inside. The room upstairs is next and don't forget to talk to the guard in the bathroom. Next I go outside upstairs, talking to the guards out there, including the guard up in the control room at the very top of the palace. Then head back inside on the right, going into the upper room on the right to talk to the guards/people there. There is an exit to a bathroom in the lower-left side of the back room with someone in it as well.

That should be 24 people. Don't bother talking to Kefka in jail, he's a waste of time with no count towards people. You can check him out once you hit your 24 people.

Hopefully this helps.
    Figaro Castle

got sabin and I'm in the WoR now. just did the phunumba (big green demon) thing with terra. now i bought an enhancer and am in the town that used to have the docks on the upper portian of the centapede looking land.

i have no ribbons what so ever, and need to know what things to look out for now.

btw love the lets play final fantasy IV from dario, his vocal mannerisms and style are great. ive seen some other lets play for this game and the others could get on my nerves. i had shadow survive the floating continent.

my main concern is ribbons now.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You really won't be able to acquire Ribbons easily until you recruit Locke back, but he's actually one of the trickier characters to get back, cause you need to make two teams to traverse the dungeon he is in. While you don't necessarily need complete four man teams, it helps.

Afterwards, you get a Ribbon from Locke and you can return to the same dungeon you found him in with your party to get more Ribbons by stealing them from the bird enemies. Though, if you recruit Gogo, you can give him the steal command and have him try his luck when you go get Locke.

For now, getting the airship should be your priority, when you get to the dungeon its in, make sure to solve the grave puzzle, cause it nets you an Exp. Egg which doubles XP for that character in battle.

You should have a Ribbon already from Locke's scenario waaaaay back during the WoB. It's in the hidden room in the underground passageway, where Locke rescues Celes. It's still there in the WoR, so stop what you're doing, go back to South Figaro and get that Ribbon. There's also another hidden room off of the hallway where Locke first sees Celes that has a Hyper Wrist and Running Shoes, if you haven't already gotten them.

But really, Ribbons aren't important. You don't need four Ribbons equipped on everyone at all times, and there are plenty of better relics to use. I would focus on getting the really good relics, and not worry about Ribbons so much.

And the bird enemy in Phoenix Cave(Aquila) does not have Ribbons to steal. It has an Economizer to steal as a rare steal, but the enemy itself is rare as well, and you're better off getting both Ribbons(steal) and Economizers(win) off of Brachiosaurs in the Dragon Forest. You'll be spending plenty of time levelling there anyways, so you'll have all the Ribbons you can stomach.

so I'm still following the "lets play final fantasy VI" on youtube by dario8676

on this part right here ‪Let's Play Final Fantasy VI, Part 53: A Father's Denial‬‏ - YouTube
    i watch through so i don't miss anything important.

i also try and take breaks of several days after a good play session so i don't get what i call burnout syndrome. i seem to get it and when i have it, i can't play any kind of game what so ever i just walk in circles and turn the game off.

i wish i did not have to deal with this burn out deal. but i'm getting in the mood to play again soon.
    at the veldt cave right now, and someone in the comments of that video session by dario said he missed a very good weapon in the veldt cave that was in a hidden room. might have been sabins best?

not sure where to go on that, cause the hidden rooms in this game are tricky to find if you don't know where and when to look..

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    on another note, when i finaly get mog back

what is the way to play him, where you get the most damage? i have countless dragoon boots from stealing from a certain monster. truth is when i have locke in my party everything that moves gets stolen from if i can pull it off.

back to mog, i heard the bangle you get from the banquet was his second best relic? but i messed it up and did not get the relic for him. even though it seems i got 24 soldiers, but must have answered one of the questions wrong. but he withdrew troops from figaro, doma, and let me into the store room for the imperial base.

so what would i want to gather for mog, or be able to gather for him in the WoR to make him worth the party slot.

my favorite party members are shadow>locke>mog>terra . so if i can keep that group since they are my favorite characters. my days left playing this game would be bliss.

are you still able to buy skeans (fire, water, lightning) and shurikens for shadow in WoR?

keep watching this thread folks you might learn something too as i tend to ask a barrel full of questions every post. what i learn can also give other new or old players of this game
    alike new knowledge.

also..?? forum change?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mog only has one relic for him specifically which is called the Moogle Charm (Molulu Charm in GBA) which removes all random encounters, its located right behind where he was standing when you recruited him. Other than that, the best set up for Mog can go two ways. If you want to take advantage of his Dance skills, then slap an esper that gives MAG bonuses. He's actually a pretty good mage in the game so there is that route. If you want melee, the best bet is to give him the Aura Spear (In the Final Dungeon if memory serves me correct) and give him the Dragoonboots and Dragon Horn relics. Spears do 2x damage with the Jump command just like regular Dragoons in the earlier titles. The Dragon Horn allows the Jump command to do multiple strikes, its almost like the Offering Relic (Master Scroll GBA) except it works exclusively for the Jump command. With this set up, its pretty easy to get Mog to do several jump hits for 9999hp damage.

Also, as you may have noticed, neither strategy works against the other so its possible to go both routes. The damage from different modifiers with the spear/jump command makes it easy to never need to raise STR, so just leveling with MAG will still net you maximum damage.

Skeans can still be bought in the WoR, I think Thamasa sells them as well as a few other towns. Also... while you have a nice choice for a final party, don't forget to level everyone else, the final dungeon is like the Phoenix Cave except with three teams.

so i just got done with the cave of the veldt. as shadow i mainly spam shurikens, unless I'm in a tough battle i use skeans if i find a element that hits hard. I notice that ninja stars sell for about 500 and they say they are used with the thrown command. I'm guessing those do more damage than the shurikens.

Right now i want to find an all around good place to level up so i can stock up on ninja stars and other usefull items.
    right now my party's level ranges from 31-34. what would be a good place for that level range that (i don't mind tough as long as i don't wipe every battle) is good for gp and magic points if applicable. yes i have the exp egg. decided to slap it on sabin along with earrings since his blitz use magic hit for damage.

sad thing is i forgot water rondo, but i planned on using the spear, dragoon boots and dragon horn getup on mog though.

and another thanks to anyone who helps contribute to this thread. keeps the place alive

Blog Entries

Some things you might have missed is enemies that only appear in 1 shot places. There is a bomb on the ghost train, Ingari (Sp?) on triangle island, as well as some others listed in the world of ruin. The gameboy version is best to find all enemies cause there is a bestiary in the menu. Fighting every enemy is good only if you want to take the ultimate challenge of the game. Rages.

Some important items you can get require you to complete ever side quest available. There is a man sleeping in a bed where you have to send letters and check on him to get a really good relic.

A lot of the earlier chests in the game will hold different items if you skip them the first time and come back later in the storyline. Mostly noted the ones up until South Figaro. This is how you can get a ribbon in the World of Balance early on.

Strago has a lore ability where someone who is not using him regularly would miss. The best can be found from bosses in the final dungeon.

If you like treasure hunting them you should get the Ragnorak esper rather then the sword, but the sword is the best one in the game next to Atma Weapon. With the esper though you will be able to turn enemies into items in battle.

A good leveling up area would be a little north of the Veldt and east where a forest in the shape of a t-rex head is. On lower levels you should equip the Exp egg on and walk around the forest with three characters stoned. Have the proper esper equip and watch your stats fly. When you get to mid levels you should try out the forest itself as that is the best leveling up spot in the game.

All enemies in the game can be found on the veldt bar some bosses. This will allow a great day with Locke and the ragnorak esper. It is also a place where you can learn spells with no level gains. This makes sure you save your levels for stat boost and have the greatest spells learned fast. The other great places to gain AP is the tower where you find Stargo, or the desert where you can fight cataurs.

Sorry I can't add all the information, it's been a while since I played and have been focused on other games.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

i know i got the beast on triangle island WoB intangir. i just used dispell to get his vanish taken away and was ablt to wallop , still died. so i did doom on him while he was hidden (on vanish) which insta killed him.

should he be on the WoR Veldt now? what kinds of deaths deny rewards like veldt appearance or items like x-zone does on snes? uses the snes ffIII version btw again.

should i worry about equiping the break sword or soul sabre? would i miss out rewards like said above if they kill?.

every time i try and use optimum on terra it allways (with genji glove) equips both man eater and break sword lol.

i love putting my genji gloves on both terra and celes.

and when i get a third i might have locke use it.

another good question is what is the best setup for locke when i aim to steal something rare?

would it be genji glove with the theifs cuff to have two steal chances? and extra damage?

or should it be some other relic along with the sneak ring?

or should i just use capture with sneak ring and theifs cuff for a single steal chance?

thank you sora, i love the way you list your answers, really easy to understand and remember!

and again, expect more questions lol. it keeps the forum alive a bit.

and yet again thanks to anyone who contributes!!!

////////////////////////////////////

ok i read on another guide that the aura lance and pearl lance are mogs ideal weapons, pearl said as best.
    i've also done searching (again I'm using the snes version) and can not find where the pearl lance is. whats the peal lances name on the snes version and where is it? i found that aura lance is only gotten from one of the bosses in kefkas tower, so that means only final boss fun with it.

i hope i can get the pearl lance before kefkas tower

////////////////////////////////
    wracking my brainpan on this one, found out you can bet one of the steals you can get from katana soul in the coliseum to get teh pearl(holy lance)

been searching and all the youtube videos i find of the boss show its a monster in the box, none have voice commentary i can find that says where the boss is.

(why i love some of the {lets play} voice commentary).

i know the katana soul drops the offering aswell. so maybe that might narrow it down D: i just pray its not a one way trip aka kefkas tower, or something i might have missed (
    Last edited by mindfray; 07-31-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: EDITING FOR MOGS SAKE LOL PEAL LANCE WHERE ART THOU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mindfray View Post
    should he be on the WoR Veldt now? what kinds of deaths deny rewards like veldt appearance or items like x-zone does on snes? uses the snes ffIII version btw again.
    He should be in the WoR Veldt now. I'm sure that no matter how you kill them they will show up there.

should i worry about equiping the break sword or soul sabre? would i miss out rewards like said above if they kill?.
    every time i try and use optimum on terra it allways (with genji glove) equips both man eater and break sword lol.
    The process of figuring out which weapon is best for that character can become your own choice. If you want to go with the strongest you can do custom but if you don't like those weapons you can switch them out with lower powered weapons. As long as the weapons cause decent damage you are good. Beware of using instant death weapons on undead. It will only make the monster disappear and reappear. This can get annoying, such as doom darts in a certain tomb...

another good question is what is the best setup for locke when i aim to steal something rare?

would it be genji glove with the theifs cuff to have two steal chances? and extra damage?

or should it be some other relic along with the sneak ring?

or should i just use capture with sneak ring and theifs cuff for a single steal chance?
    Once you get a weapon I think it is called the thief knife, you can have two characters steal. So having two of those knifes on Terra, and Locke with any of the set ups you listed, you will be able to steal four times the normal rate if you had terra and locke with the genji gloves. I made time on my last playthrough getting a genji glove for every possible character in the game from those dragons in the floating island. They were my favorite.

As for the best set up for Locke, during your game you could have Thief cuffs and Genji gloves which would probably insure you a steal during a battle if you boost his speed and give him a turn.

ok i read on another guide that the aura lance and pearl lance are mogs ideal weapons, pearl said as best.
    i've also done searching (again I'm using the snes version) and can not find where the pearl lance is. whats the peal lances name on the snes version and where is it? i found that aura lance is only gotten from one of the bosses in kefkas tower, so that means only final boss fun with it.

i hope i can get the pearl lance before kefkas tower
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think the pearl lance is on the tower where you get strago. It should be behind one of the chests. I think maybe the second door you see going up it.

i know the katana soul drops the offering aswell. so maybe that might narrow it down D: i just pray its not a one way trip aka kefkas tower, or something i might have missed
    If it is the Katana soul who drops it and he drops the offering, then I am pretty sure he is a one shot guy. The Gem box and Offering are one time only relics in the SNES and PS1 versions.

If someone sees something wrong please continue to correct and help this person out. I have said it once and I'll say it again, it's been a real long time since I played the game.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

ok first more thanks to sora, and yes! more questions for you all. found a good page for snes miss-able items. Final Fantasy III Rare/Missable Item FAQ for SNES by bover_87 - GameFAQs

offering is won by killing katana soul without running (monster in a box) so that's good to know
    says also GEM BOX is at the top of the fanatics tower that strago is in, but mentions no boss, or steal or specifics. one shot on snes? if its not a boss? someone explain please :O

i would also like some more clarification on some things for someone who has a fresher memory or hard fact about the snes version questions asked by me. especialy about the pearl lance on fanatics tower since the link i posted says nothing about it in the "quote un quote miss-able items list" so is that not a one shot?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    ok i followed some advice and went in the grassy area near the WoR doma castle to fight tumbleweeds. awesome in every aspect so far. lots of exp lots of gp (forgot about the mp) but is that the mob i have to worry about having three stoned party members?

also why is the reason for the three stoned party members? how do i pull that off? and what specific monster is this tactic used for?

fanatics tower? what is a good level range for this? and is this one of the multi team dungeons?
    Last edited by mindfray; 08-01-2011 at 04:34 AM. Reason: TUMBLEWEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and fanatic tower

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mindfray View Post
    ok first more thanks to sora, and yes! more questions for you all. found a good page for snes miss-able items. Final Fantasy III Rare/Missable Item FAQ for SNES by bover_87 - GameFAQs

offering is won by killing katana soul without running (monster in a box) so that's good to know
    says also GEM BOX is at the top of the fanatics tower that strago is in, but mentions no boss, or steal or specifics. one shot on snes? if its not a boss? someone explain please :O
    There is a boss fight, but its actually located on a chest on the top floor that is guarded by the boss. He's not terribly difficult but make sure you have Life 3 cast on your party at all times.

i would also like some more clarification on some things for someone who has a fresher memory or hard fact about the snes version questions asked by me. especialy about the pearl lance on fanatics tower since the link i posted says nothing about it in the "quote un quote miss-able items list" so is that not a one shot?
    The Pearl Lance (Holy Lance in GBA) is the prize for beating the Pearl Dragon (Holy Dragon) who is located in one of the rooms on the tower. While you can encounter him again on the Veldt (one of a few bosses that show up on the Veldt) he only gives you the item when you beat him in the Fanatics Tower encounter. It is possible to acquire another one by betting Cyan's Strato sword in the Colesium, he can acquire two of them by beating the Red Dragon in the Phoenix Cave or having someone steal it off the Samurai Soul in the Ancient Castle.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    ok i followed some advice and went in the grassy area near the WoR doma castle to fight tumbleweeds. awesome in every aspect so far. lots of exp lots of gp (forgot about the mp) but is that the mob i have to worry about having three stoned party members?

also why is the reason for the three stoned party members? how do i pull that off? and what specific monster is this tactic used for?
    You don't need stoned characters, all you need to do is make a party of one from the airship and have the character cast vanish on themselves. The enemies won't be able to touch you, except for the Crawlers who do have a magic move that will knock you out of Vanish state and hurt you pretty bad. As long as you only walk on the green grassy parts of the map you won't encounter them.

If you are looking for magic mastering, fight Cauctars and Hoovers in the desert near Maranda.

fanatics tower? what is a good level range for this? and is this one of the multi team dungeons?
    Level is not as important as much as what magic you have. The Fanatics Tower only allows for magic to be used, so you'll definetly want the level 3 versions of the elemental spells and moves like Meteor or better yet, Ultima. Also, Rasp and Osmose will carry you through the dungeon very easily cause the enemies will actually die if you drain all their mp, so you may not even need to the fancy spells. Though Life 3 is imperative if you want to get the Gem Box. Having Zone Seeker and Carbuncle as summons will also greatly help.

You don't need stoned characters, all you need to do is make a party of one from the airship and have the character cast vanish on themselves. The enemies won't be able to touch you, except for the Crawlers who do have a magic move that will knock you out of Vanish state and hurt you pretty bad. As long as you only walk on the green grassy parts of the map you won't encounter them.
    is this crawler deal on the grass near dinosaur island? or in the same area i talked about near doma castle?

again thanks