Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: need list of important/need to have/awesome gear and espers.... also.....

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mindfray View Post
    i have a few concerns with setzer and strago. right now with the relics and equips i have. setzer for the most part and strago seem pretty weak compared to most of the other characters. sans umaro, i don't think he would every be useful.

ive read of a setup for setzer that could make him a beast, but it says you need genji glove and two (WTF?) fixed dice? i know you get fixed dice in kefkas tower.

besides the dual fixed dice setup, what could i do or equip on setzer and strago to make them less useless?
    Setzer's Slots use the MAG stat, so equip the Maduin or Tritoch Espers on him and he'll get beefier. Basically, you need to make these two into mages to make them work for you until you can get the Fixed Dice for Setzer. Strago's worth comes mostly from his Lores. Rippler isn't terribly useful but spells like Tsunami and Aero are great and much more dependably Water and Wind elemental damage than you have access to. Course, you can always do what most players do, and simply do the Hidon quest in Thamasa, teach Strago, Grand Train and leave it as his default spell...

The best way I find to teach Strago Lores, is to make a party with him, Gau, and Relm (equipped with the Fake Mustache relic) and train Gau on the Veldt. An easier way, involves fighting the Dark Force enemies in Kefka's Tower cause they know all but two of the Lores in the game.

I can't say much about the Rippler bug I'm afraid. Sadly, VI is one of the buggiest games in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    The curse shield is most definitely in the SNES version.
    so i read the easiest way to uncurse the shield is to wear a ribbon and safety bit with force armor.

what is the easiest route to get the safety bit and force armor? i have the moogle charm btw incase that would make it easier to get the safety bit and force armor(if they are in a chest, or i could walk strait to a triggered boss fight)

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    bit of a dilemma here, if i choose ragnarok sword, i can get illumina, but if i choose the esper i can morph monsters into items D:

im pretty sure ripple is the reason i never see shadows dog anymore, intercepter is gone it seems for that reason.
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    now that i have researched rippler, and looked up all three enemies that use it on the final fantasy wikia, i have not even fought with any of these monsters, let alone with shadow.

i still have no clue why intercepter is not doing anything
    Last edited by mindfray; 08-09-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Force Armor isn't necessary, hell the Safety Bit won't be necessary either if your can wipe out enemies quickly enough. You can also use the Memento Ring which both Shadow and Relm can equip. It has the same ability as the Safety Bit, and you should have at least one of them (There are three total in the game).

As for the Ragnarok question, that is for you to decide. The Esper teaches Ultima a.k.a. the "I win button" of FFVI and also has the Morph ability which will help in acquiring some items in the game without messing with the Coliseum. On the other hand, Ragnarok is a freaking awesome sword and Illumina is even better. With both swords raising several stats, always critical hit, and cast Flare and Holy randomly when they attack, meaning these weapons can do the highest amount of damage possible without using Relics. Granted, they can't ignore the Offering's damage modifier like the Atma Weapon but that's hardly a major deterrent.

Its a tough choice either way.

most characters are mid to late 40's now except a few. (i know i could beat the game now, but i love sidequests and acquiring hard to get items and stuff)

right now relm is a beast with level 3 elemental spells and pearl. Mog is great with physical attacks.

I think i might grow shadow the mage route cause he can learn level 3 elementals and also ramp up his skean damage with espers +2 to mp.

sabin is allready doing the damage cap on most monsters with bum rush cause i built up his magic attack with epsers.
    for strago i got aero, big guard, revenge, pearl wind, step mine (i have massive amounts of steps according to the menu but it only does less than 2k damage)

that cactrot/hoover area has really beefed up my spell gaining time without too much leveling.

my problems right now are with terra and celes. yeah they make great mages for now. but if i equip genji glove with maneater and falchain(spelling) they seem to do piddly damage...

do i need to build up terra or celes's strength through espers for them to do more physical damage? or am i missing something?

i know optimum equips don't always get what you want out of a character, so how should i equip terra and celes to be better physical damage doers ?

also, in kefkas tower, how often do pugs(tonberries) spawn? and what monster formation do they spawn as? also what area of kefkas tower do they spawn? as i know they can drop minerva.

or should i just bet my czarina gown(crown?) for a minerva? i fought four pugs in a monster in a box and did not get any minervas..

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    i also plan on playing the GBA version of final fantasy 6 after i beat the snes version. I heard some things were added and bigs like the rippler bug taking away shadows dog, and the evade stat doing nothing have been fixed.

so what differences between snes ffIII and gba FF6 should i know about?
    Last edited by mindfray; 08-11-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Terra and Celes are physical powerhouses mostly because of their weapon pool. The Atma Weapon can do some serious damage based on character levels, and weapons like Excalibur, Ragnarok, and Illumina are frighteningly strong, and give decent stats boosts across the board. They also get access to weapons that give auto-critical attacks at the cost of draining some MP, but with their high MP pools and osmose spell, you can keep up the damage, as well as just using the elemental weapons with their chance to cast spells with each blow. If you feel they are not doing as well as you like, you can raise their Strength, especially since both have pretty high Magic to begin with so it won't suffer if you try to raise other stats. Or you can simply make them go the Mage route. Terra's Morph doubles her strength, magic, and some of her defensive capabilities, so you can also exploit that for bigger battles.

As for the differences between the GBA and SNES. The GBA version has a much better translation and localization, with an improved character limit that allows the characters to not be hindered with dialogue. As well as minor upgrades like character portraits being displayed when they talk. Unfortunately, the GBA doesn't have as good of a sound card, and has some screen issues due to the system's design, this causes the graphics to be much brighter (and in some picky fans opinions, "look washed out") and the music sounds really off, if you are accustomed to the original games score. Some people can get use to these changes but it makes some picky fans blood boil. Some of the classic cheesy dialogue has been changed or removed as well. This is mostly nitpicky crap among VI fans. In terms of changes to gameplay, several bugs have been fixed, but the game is still buggy. Major bugs like the evade bug, Wind God Gau/Gogo, Rippler bug, Opera Bug, Vanish/Doom bug, and most important, the Relm Sketch bug have been fixed. Psycho Cyan's original bug has been fixed as well but there is still a way to activate it but its a little more complicated to do so. Due to some new additions to the game, several choices have been made moot, so its now possible to acquire Mog's Water Rhondo dance in the WoR and its possible to acquire an infinite number of Ragnarok and Atma weapons thanks to being able to save after finishing the game.

The game adds four new espers to the game: Leviathan, Jumbo Cauctaur, Gilgamesh, and Diablo. This also adds in a few extra spells and they all give some pretty great stat growth. Even better, is that most of them are added in rather flawlessly I might add. If you had never played the original game, you would not have been aware these weren't in there to begin with, and they are also mostly pretty balanced in terms of what they offer gameplay wise, unlike some of the new content added into the GBA versions of IV and V.

The game also restores an optional boss and dungeon that were cut from the original game due to time constraints and resource issues. The Dragon's Den is a pretty cool optional dungeons that pits you up against super versions of the 8 dragons and the Kaiser Dragon optional boss. This dungeon also nets you a new "ultimate weapon/relic" for each character in the game, though old standbys are still better in some cases. There is also a Soul Shrine sidequest, that pits your party against a 100 enemy encounters in a row, as well as adding in Omega Weapon for the hell of it. The game also has a Bestiary you can access anytime from the Config menu and a Jukebox you can access from the main menu. I feel everyone should play both versions if they ever get the chance.

I think I'm going to transition to the Final fantasy 6 Advance version very soon. I'm not sure how I'm going to get this straight. but how many of the snes treasure locations are different from the Advance version? up to what point of my questions could i use the advice given to me that i have asked for? in use in the Advance version? I already found A "Lets play final fantasy 6 advance" video walk through on youtube in case things might be different.

heres a link to the lets play i found Let's Play Final Fantasy VI Advance Part 1: Intro - YouTube

if anyone knows of a better or more through "lets play" youtube video for the final fantasy 6 advance version, it would be awesome to know.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Ive already prepared some advance version faqs from GameFAQs.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nothing was changed in terms of treasure or item placement. Its virtually the same as the SNES except with a more accurate translation (though some things like character names are the same) the only confusing thing you may run into are the name changes cause Fire 2 is now Fira, Pearl is now Holy, Offering Relic is now the Master Scroll, Swrdtech is now Bushido, and Terrato is now Midgard Zolom to name a few of the name changes, but overall its the same game except for the extra content.

I have a small question about the GBA version also known as final fantasy VI Advance.

ive seen a youtube video of the battle window with health shown like this 450/500 showing the total hp and current at the same time. ive looked in the config and can't figure out how to get my hp to show like that during a battle. anyone that has played the GBA version know how to set it like this?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    found out, have to disable atb gauge to get that..

also found a ribbon in WoB when you pick lockes scenerio wher you find celes. its in the smallish dungeon where you find the iron armor and such. you find a secret passage that leads to a set of stairs that go down into a cell looking room. after you loot the chest with the x-potion you go down and right and check the area for a ribbon in the WoB!

was this in the snes version too? well i found it in the Advance version. also loving the bestiary so i can see what can be stolen from fought enemies.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

i also noticed that the thief knife never seems to steal when i have locke equipped with the genji glove.

so i have to have in in the left or right hand to work? right now Im using both the theif knife and the first throwing weapon that works in the back row for locke right now. and it only seems to try and steal when i give the command to steal?
    Last edited by mindfray; 08-22-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Ribbon in the WoB! thief knife broken?

Default Here I am yet again.

Don't take this the wrong way but who are you? If you're finding this much trouble you might want to mature more before playing again.

It sounds like you're having special difficulty completing the game. Why?
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Greatermaximus: Dude, I don't see anything wrong with asking questions on how to munchkin a game. About the only thing Veteran players are good for besides being a cheap and quick strategy guide.

Quote Originally Posted by mindfray View Post
    i also noticed that the thief knife never seems to steal when i have locke equipped with the genji glove.

so i have to have in in the left or right hand to work? right now Im using both the theif knife and the first throwing weapon that works in the back row for locke right now. and it only seems to try and steal when i give the command to steal?
    It's really random when the weapon works, its also possible that using the Thief Knife with the Genji Glove lowers the odds of the steal affect kicking in, but there is no record of that being a sure thing. Chances are, you're just having bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatermaximus View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but who are you? If you're finding this much trouble you might want to mature more before playing again.

It sounds like you're having special difficulty completing the game. Why?
    i don't take any offense by your words. I'm 28 years old, I'm sort of reliving my childhood playing these games again. I have played them many times before without any guides or help. I could complete them without any help, I guess you could call me a power gamer. I like to know all the ins and outs of games at some point. Ive beaten earthbound atleast 5 times and played it many more. I rented final fantasy III as i knew it when i was young in the 90's. Ive allways got to the WoR and kefkas tower at some point, i just like to soak up info about games like a sponge.

my way of enjoying a game may seem immature to you, or might seem to go against your gaming habits. but rpgs are about the story and the way characters connect in my opinion. i don't skip story much often. I'm not gathering pixels as you think. ive seen the stories of many snes and other rpgs in my past, i just like to pickup off the games on what i missed out on. mostly the secret items that i may have missed in my past playthroughs.

about the only few final fantasies i have not played have been before the us III then known as the VI.
    When i had my first job i bought final fantasy VII before i even bought the psx console. I love these games and they are as much a part of me as any loved story.

yes this is a bit of a ramble, and I'm sorry if you dissagree on my playstyle. but i thought i owed you a bit of so called "backstory" since you and the others have been filling me in on the things i might have missed without seeking help.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    also on a random note ive played the soul blazer trilogy many times in and out before i even had access to the net or any guides.

and just to say, if you love action rpg's i suggest you seek out the soul blazer trilogy and play it to the end. this game series has captured my heart just as much as the final fantasy series.

and to note the three in the trilogy

1. soul blazer {snes}
    2. Illusion of gaia {snes}
    3. Terranigma {snes}
    Last edited by mindfray; 08-27-2011 at 03:14 AM. Reason: random thought

As long as you can connect to the net and read it you should have no difficulty finding everything in a game this old. On the other hand you might want our opinions and insights on the game.

The game is nearly perfect for what it is. There's no plethora of items and characters. The plots and backstories all tie in. I've done only hundreds of play throughs. Less than ten are lower than 19.

It's my opinion you don't need to make it hard this way. Youtube has videos on low-level runs and certain item runs. Other than that, you can take as long as you want. Besides your own mortality there's no forced time limit on you as far as we're aware of.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

yeah, I've known about gamefaq's for a long time now. i use it all the time. But some things give better insight when discussed with fellow players. That is why i like coming on the forums. I used to hop in the EOFF irc channel a few years ago when i was doing another run on FFVII. I even got tagged "helpfull" after talking to others in the room and going on about tactics and such in the game. I might check in on the irc to see if anyone chat's there anymore.

but it was a few years ago since i was in EOFF irc.

////
    kind of off topic part here.

my new desktop wallpaper i found on deviant art

http://browse.deviantart.com/customi...sy%206#/dccnxk
    Last edited by mindfray; 08-28-2011 at 05:31 AM.