Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Games You Want a Sequel To

Grim Fandango 2, if only Double Fine could get the rights to it.

Also a third Chrono game could be awesome.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Chrono Trigger 2 & Chrono Cross 2

Kingdom Hearts III is taking too long

Breath of Fire

Star Ocean

Xenogears (even though I have yet to play it)

Steambot Chronicles (hopefully having an upgraded bot system)

Dissidia Final Fantasy (I know... I'm hated)

Vagrant Story

Legend of Dragoon (I wrote one after completing the game... it was pathetic... Dart and what's-her-name lived happily ever after and named their daughter after spoiler-dead Rose who has a pet chipmunk named Michael. Albert had a son who became a magician. Maru had a kid. Then there's my favorite character Zedekiah the new Dragoon of Darkness who wields twin swords. I couldn't write an actual story though)

Ehrgeiz, The Bouncer, Tobal No.1 etc.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    A lot of Sega's franchises deserve sequels. Shenmue (!!!), Shinobi, Jet Set, Phantasy Star (not the online stuff), Blazing Rangers and Panzer Dragon come to mind.

You have to wonder sometimes what the smurf Sega are doing lately.
    Mah dude. *Brofist*

Blog Entries

Breath of Fire VI

Fighters' Megamix 2 (Sega has a lot more franchises to choose from now for this game. Last Bronx, Yakuza, Shenmue, Phantasy Star, Dynamite Cop, and many others.)

Tobal 3 (the closest we got to that was Kakuto Chojin )

Gotcha Force 2 (Gotcha Force was probably the best multiplayer game on Gamecube, but was tragically overlooked. Imagine one for Wii or Wii U!)

MadWorld 2

Rival Schools 3

Darkstalkers 4 (make it with the Street Fighter X Tekken engine!)

Guilty Gear X3

Romancing Saga 2 and 3 remakes (in the style of the PS2 RS1 remake and WITHOUT that troutty event rank trout please.....)

Paper Mario 3 (I suppose the 3DS game will have to do though it doesn't look interesting at all to me )
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Mirror's Edge, Threads of Fate, TWEWY.

Threads of Fate is a safe no right now obviously, Square has interest in TWEWY, and with the 3DS it might actually happen, and I don't know wtf is going on with Mirror's Edge. In the last two years, hell just in 2011 alone, it's been "oh yeah we're making it" "nope we decided not to" "loljk we're working on it" "CANCELLED." I did some googling and as of E3 2011 it's in the maybe-definitely range.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Squenix:
    Chrono Brake(3), Vagrant Story 2, FFT (Not TA), Dew Prism, Xenogears (at least make Episode 4 ) and a Seiken Denetsu game on par with 2 and 3. TWEWY

Capcom:
    Darkstalkers 4, Breath of Fire VI, Mega Man X: Command Mission 2, a Devil May Cry game that is actually a sequel, not one you can't decide if its going to be a prequel or a reboot.

Konami:
    Snatcher, Zone of the Enders, (damn it Kojima! do you hear me? Leave MGS alone and get back to work on your other properties ) Suikoden VI

Atlus:
    Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and while you're at it, start porting some of the older games. You can't tell me it wouldn't be a simply matter of translating the SMT 1 and 2 remakes and not release them on PSN and whatever WiiU is using...

Nippon Ichi:
    Makai Kingdom 2, and a Disgaea game where Laharl returns as the main characters, I don't care if the game is a spin-off but I love the little twerp more than the other main characters.

Monolith Soft:
    Xenosaga 4

Sega:
    Gitaroo Man 2, Shinobi 2, Madworld 2, Shenmu

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Mega Man X: Command Mission 2
    I find this exceedingly odd as the best part about the game was that the battle system was essentially a rip off of FF10's. (Well other than the fact you get to play as the MMX cast, but individual mileage on that one will vary)
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Except your party doesn't one hit KO everything, and the game is actually challenging. Those are my main issues with X;s system, its lack of challenge pretty much destroys any ability to create strategy cause the game is too easy. Persona 3/4's combat system is also a variation if you know about the turn order button...

Monster Party

edit: also I would love a modern version of Jet Moto.
    Last edited by I Took the Red Pill; 07-08-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Panzer Dragoon
    Yes.

I'm tired of sequels. The other day I was scrolling along the E3 game list and 80% of it were sequels. Do not want. I want new forms of gameplay and fresh original stories, not some slightly improved same old. Therefor I can not think of any game I'd like a sequel to.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A couple more I've remembered. The first two very old-school.

Jetpack (a 3D version of this would be interesting).
    Excelsior (the amount of skills you could learn and the amount of variation you could have with your character creation made this game awesome).
    Mark of Kri (I just loved this game for some reason, the fighting in particular was great fun).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Startopia. Remembered this one while I was sleeping. What a game.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Front Mission but one that isn't a damn action game, I want SRPG with giant smurfing robots ok! tit think I was asking for the world on a plate there.

Vagrant Story definitely needs a sequel

Dead Rising 2 needs a proper sequel not more DLC/what if Frank West was the main character bollox, give me a new story capcom.

Jager an old xbox title which was a surprisingly challenging and yet fun space combat/aerial shooter, very underrated if you ask me could do with a nice new sequel.

Phantom Crash a unsurprisingly japanese take on a cross between mech warrior and gran turismo. You piloted your mech and in between competition bouts spread over a calendar you'd upgrade your various mech components. You could choose to make the guns really light and thus have much more ammo and greater fire rate in exchange for less damage per hit or heavy and thus have slower firing rates, lower ammo counts and yet one hit could total an enemy. Same went with bodies and wheels/legs. You also had to choose your companion which was a digital animal except it was also your targeting computer and so different animal companions provided not only different targeting solutions but different properties altogether. It was pretty darn pretty for an original Xbox title, definitely would work on the Xbox 360, though leave the Kinect sensor alone for this one, this one is so fast paced no one could keep up with it on kinect.

I'll also second Alpha Centauri, I loved the game though the alien races in the expansion were to be brutally honest very, very broken as in they were almost insanely unbalanced.

Burnout Paradise, they keep releasing DLC but frankly I want a NEW burnout game perhaps one where in multiplayer at least they keep the crash mode as it was complete with crash breakers.

Suidoken, yes please!

thats about it for now,

edit: no it's not....

COLONY WARS!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dark Cloud 3
    Clock Tower 4