Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Is it worth getting Vagrant Story: yes/no?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I read about hitting him with L2 before he does it. Problem is that I'm using a PSP to play this game and there is no L2 'button'. You have to use the analog stick to get to L2 and it's tricky. I'll give it another go tonight.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

How did it go?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I beat it! I was never able to avoid Bloody Sin completely but by keeping my RISK low it didn't do too much damage. At that point it was just a matter of chipping away and keeping Magic Ward active.

Congrats man. Welcome to the shamefully small club. What are your final impressions? Are you going to explore New Game+? Do you have any other post-game goals?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This game certainly surprised me. At first glance it seemed kind of weird and I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I'm not really a big fan of dungeon crawlers in general. The depth of this game is what got me hooked. The armor system is very addictive and there's a lot of variety to it. I personally love when there are tons of armor slots and weapon types at my disposal and this certainly delivered. The battles are also fun, and I like that it combines action and platforming elements in real time with a menu-based battle system. That's pretty much ideal. The story appeared well written and well paced but I was pretty confused by it most of the time so I couldn't really get into it.

I'm currently sitting on 81% map completion so I'm going to try New Game+ and see if I can get 100%. Unless you start your map from 0% on NG+, in which case, smurf that. I'm sure I can spend a ton more hours building up an ultimate weapon and armor set but the game seems easy enough without having to do that so I probably won't bother.

I feel bad for not having checked back here. Apologies! And of course congrats to Del. I've been getting urges to dive back into Vagrant Story. It's just... so satisfying. And I'm not too sure why, but for some reason I want to hear the sound of a great axe rip through enemies again. Must be the exceptionally awesome sound design. Seriously, this game deserves a 10 for that.

Maybe I'll start a new game...