Thread: FFIV tattoo idea. Help!

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Default FFIV tattoo idea. Help!

Hi,

I'll be completing my second tattoo within the next few months. After that, I am looking to get some ink down on the inside of both my calves. These will both be my first tattoos inspired by nerdy stuff. I'm not sure what my other tattoo will be yet, but I have a solid idea of what I want for the first.

I am looking to get the enemy "fiend" from FFIV (red color version). I definitely want a FF tattoo for one of the designs. I considered Kefka at one point, but for some reason the image of the red fiend from FFIV is burned into my head. I almost considered getting an iconic monster, like the imp, but I haven't been too thrilled on any of the drawings I've seen.

My request here is if anyone knows of any drawings/jpegs of the fiend from FFIV that are larger than what is available on this site. I have been looking, but all I found are very tiny images of him.

Here are some links to the ones I was looking at:

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...Fiend-ffiv.gif
    http://blogs.gamefilia.com/files/imce/u496291/kefka.gif
    http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/1-imp-a.jpg

Any help would be appreciated to finding a larger image of the fiend.

Thanks.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I love designing peoples tatoos! are you sure you want ff 4 and not 6.7.9. or 10? the art styles from those ones stand out more
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

You can see Amano's original artwork for that enemy on YouTube (of all places).

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

I'd prefer the image came from FF 4,6. I'd consider other FF games, but all my good memories of my childhood (one of the reasons I want the tattoo) come from 4 and 6. I'm not really set on any specific image yet, but I know I want it to be FF inspired. I also really like Odin a lot, but I haven't come across any drawings that I think would translate to a tattoo well.

EDIT: Thanks for the youtube link!

Articles
    Blog Entries

ill chalk up something for you

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Thanks a lot for drawing something up! I am looking to get it on the inside of my leg/calf. I won't actually get it though until I find another drawing I like to get it on my other leg as well. That one will most likely come from MTG ( I know these will be the nerdiest pieces ever). Right now I have a chinese dragon on my left arm (yea I'm so original) and I am beginning work soon on a phoenix down my ribcage. The phoenix was almost going to be a FF phoenix, but I decided to save my extra nerdy tattoos for my calves.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Im gonna do 5 drawings, but first are you male or female.

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Male.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

this is what I see when i see the red sataima sprite!

Articles
    Blog Entries

ok, that narrows down the style of the drawing. to pick the colors:

are you really white, white, tan, black, or one of those people with the bluish skin.

hair color, trust me it matters

pick 3 things from ff that you love that you havent already mentioned. these three questions will let me know what to draw.

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Here's a link to my existing tattoo... shows how the colors look on my skin. My favorite colors are green and purple, but purple didn't show up to well and I don't want all green tattoos haha. I like all colors, don't really care. I like the way the orange/red/yellow came out on my tattoo. In other words, I don't really care, you are the artist do whatever you think looks best. You can see my skin color too. I'm naturally olive, and if I go out in the sun a lot, I turn REALLY dark.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photo...198_113634.jpg

My calf is the same tone as my arm.
    My hair color is black.

Not sure on the 3 things, but I guess this is why I love FF/RPGs:

I love story: My 3 favorite examples of story are how the characters develop and work together in FF6. I am also a sucker for a good love story and love FF8. I really like the Opera scene from FF6 as well with Celes.

One of the reasons why I like the older FF, is because I feel a lot of characters are unique. I love to develop their individual skill sets and have a unique set of characters. I like FFIV for this especially. It plays out like a true epic narrative and I feel the pain of losing characters and look forward to getting newer ones to change my strategies.

I'm not sure on the last. RPGs are my favorite because I love story and development. I enjoy reading more than gaming. I like finding out story elements, leveling my characters and finding bad ass equipment.

As far as tattoos go, I prefer creatures over pictures of actual people. I think if I were to tattoo a human-like image on my body it would have to be part of a mural.

I hope that helps... not sure if that is what you were looking for.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

I think if you want something red and firery the flamehound or the bomb would look awesome but I'll paste different ones below that I also liked.

Flamehound

Mom Bomb

Dinozombie

Chimerageist

Bomb

Ayss Worm

King Behemoth

I also added in a green one at the end because it looked awesome, but you could perhaps ask artists here if they would be wiling to draw you a tattoo or they might already have some.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Sick picture! I would totally consider it if I didn't ABSOLUTELY HATE that fight and music that played during the battle. That encounter gives me nightmares! By the way! I just started a 5 month long session on my phoenix tattoo! Probably inspired from FF6, but the phoenix doesn't resemble that one =\