Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF: Dwarf Fortress - Spoonproblems. Also, goblin problems.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Nah man carry on 'til the nice green "Spring has arrived!" text appears.

Nice smurfing job. Two brand new worthless migrants dying is a lot less than I thought it would be. Looks like they were distracted by my poor cat... did the cat survive?

Either way, take notes Lonny Bob. The holy lever saves all. Apart from immigrants. And really, who cares about them?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think you're doing ok, thankfully for us the defenses prepared by Psy worked, though I am thinking if someone fails to get the lever in time or flying creatures we could have issues. I'm wondering why the Goblins spawned in year 2 and then I suddenly thought...did Paul set the mechanics workshop to repeat! If he did mechanisms generate a LOT of fortress wealth and whilst a healthy supply of them is good, you could possibly turn off the repeat and cancel the order to make the year a little easier.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Haha look at Steve trying to make pre-emptive excuses for when he kills us all because he's a spoon. "yea yea wasn't me guys it was da Pauw's fault he mayde da defences wrong my playn would have been amazing and perfect but da flying things got us all because Pauw PAUW PAUW NOT ME FACK OFF PAUW"

Also hahaha Loony BoB, what an awful dwarf. send him north imho.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you don't behave yourself Julian I'll give you a spanking!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha, party time. Mourning can continue later, we survived the ambush!

Did the elves and humans still talk to us? xD

EDIT: If we do have loads of mechanisms as was suggested by Iceglow, build some cage traps around key areas (eg. just before and after drawbridge). Just don't make them too far, as if goblins arrive and get caught in them, there's every chance that some dwarf will be all "oh, man, I should totally go change the cage in that trap as it has been triggered" and run off with a cage towards the rest of the enemies that got past the traps... Personally, I have them at the various key entrances of my fortress (I have an outer wall that has multiple entrances, all surrounded by cage traps) and then I put about 30 in front of a sizeable "safe room" burrow which all my dwarves run to when under attack, which also contains beds, food, drink, weapons, armour and is defended by the traps and a few steel doors/walls.

Do we have a safe room?

EDIT: Also, I laughed much at the staircase digging. "Stair Way".
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dunno. I don't know how to 'use them' as such, so I just ignored them.

Blog Entries

Dan have you not realized, I'm pretty defenses mad! I made a fortress on top of our old EoFF fortress and want to make one on this one too! Damn you do not try and ruin MY FUN! Otherwise the Dwarf DK will find himself in a very large cave-in!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Your go is before mine, so you can have all the fun you want.

DD: You need to press 'q' and go to the trader depots, you should set it so that it says "Trader requested at depot" and eventually a dwarf should walk to the depot (probably Psy) and then you will have the option to trade. Trading is only useful if you have already brought things to the trade depot using the 'g' option. Trade things such as crafts, instruments, meals if we have enough to spare and if we're overly loaded on cut gems, then they sometimes sell well, too. =]

EDIT: Steve, possibly worth noting that training military is a bitch in the new version of the game, at least in my experience it is. =/ So if you can manage to somehow find an effective way to level them up fast, let me know. I've got 40 soldiers in my current game but most are only decent at what they do as they immigrated in with good military stats. But yeah, getting initially untrained folk to be good at using weapons is annoyingly difficult.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah unless things have changed, I should be the broker. (and I wouldn't bother changing that, I have the best skills in that! )

Just sell marick's useless crafts like figures, rings, scepters etc. There should still be a pile. We had a Trade Depot inside the walls, actually, I dunno why there's one out in the wilderness now but there you go. I'd rebuild the depot inside the fort, as then their guards can guard our entrance, but it's entirely up to you.

Remember to set it so that the trader is NOT requested at the depot as soon as you have made your trade!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the tips! I think I'm starting to understand the game better so as long as we don't get attacked I might be able to start improving things.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I will avenge you, GXIII and Yearg!

By the way, wth is my occupation?

Banned
    Blog Entries

You emigrated with Beekeeping.

Blog Entries

Now all we need to assign him to do is look after the birds too and Laddy will finally be given the speech about the birds and the bees!

Articles
    Blog Entries

BEEKEPING? What kind of LAME job is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    BEEKEPING? What kind of LAME job is that?
    Beekeeping is a job you have to love. You want to keep bees and not let them get away and basically steal honey. Without the office perks of flirting. Because if you went to some woman and asked, "Would you like some coffee?" they would say, "No, you're covered in BEEEEEES!" [/paraphrasing Eddie Izzard]