Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF: Dwarf Fortress - Spoonproblems. Also, goblin problems.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'll get involved on my week off work (I have 25th-29th off). Someone else jump in!

EDIT: My main goal will be to move the lever and build a few more levers... in the interests of Fun.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

DO NOT

TOUCH THE

LEVER

UNLESS THERE ARE ENEMIES

IF THERE ARE ENEMIES

THEN TOUCH THE LEVER IMMEDIATELY

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    DO NOT

TOUCH THE

LEVER

UNLESS THERE ARE ENEMIES

IF THERE ARE ENEMIES

THEN TOUCH THE LEVER IMMEDIATELY
    You do realize that by saying that people are going to start touching the lever like their life's at stake right?
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not just their life, but the lives of all dwarves in the North.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

What's really fun is when you get strong enemies at the same time as you get a really good immigrant - say a high master of a useful skill that is hard to improve (eg. Diagnostician, Leader, Teacher, etc) - and the bad guys go immediately after the immigrants. Especially more fun if there are about 18 immigrants because they all panic and run every which way and it becomes kind of a lottery as to which will survive. Especially if it all happens a fair distance away from wherever your military were training or whatever.

The one thing I don't understand is where all our spoons came from? We don't even have a smelter yet

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

So, is anyone gonna pick up on this thing? =o It should ideally alternate between experienced and inexperienced people, so this would be the ideal time for one of those of us out there who haven't a clue to jump in and catalogue their cock-ups.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I might do it then. Give me an hour and I'll get back to you as to whether I can get it to work or not. My pc is particularly balls.

Edit: Okay I'll take the next update. This will literally be the first time I've played it so expect a clustersmurf of fail.
    Last edited by demondude; 07-19-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Good luck. I strongly suggest installing the Mayday graphics set (I'm assuming you've downloaded the Lazy Newb pack thing) if you want the game to be easier to understand.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Before I start ... how do I use Stonesense? xD

Edit: nm I got it.
    Last edited by demondude; 07-19-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Q1: We managed to avoid drowning.

Now before I begin, read this:

rofl.

Right so Spoonproblems ain't really been that problematic. First year was pretty fly, stout dwarves, strong leader, nice fortress somewhere in Antarctica. But then Psy, well what'd he do? Went and left. Well it was a new age for the dwarves. I came in, ruling with an iron fist. Did the dwarves tremble?

Actually, no. They threw a smurfing party.

Real nice. Although I like how Lynx couldn't be arsed to show up and he stayed in bed. I like even more how DK is sat by himself with MILF hovering between "do I sit with the poor guy" or "rofl what an idiot." Also there are way too many dogs around so I killed most of them. Tough love, smurfers.

But I really don't know what I'm doing. At all. The dwarves just bumbled about whilst I tried my hardest to ... do something constructive. A bit fed up, I went to take a look at the outside world ... and, well. Look.

It's so purty. But really, it was the beginning of the greatest disaster to yet fall upon dwarven-kind in its incredibly short history.

I dub thee - floodgate.

When it started raining I thought nothing of it. When the smurfing great hall started flooding, I began getting a bit worried. Psy asked for water but this was just a bit of a piss take. And me in all my noob glory not knowing what the smurf is going on, I panicked. Well, I thought, at least Doctor Quin can look after any injured dwarves in the infirmary!

Bollocks.

Although I need to say, Quin was a star of the first two months. After the party (which lasted days) he decided that illness was actually of no importance and he stood outside contemplating life for an entire month. Although, in fairness, his infirmary was inaccessible (and still is) he remains as the most qualified dwarf in Spoonproblems. Yet he just ponders. Look at him below:

Anyway the rain stopped and what you witness here is my only contribution to the development of the last two months. A dirt road in front of the gate and a small farm near a body of water. Notably, however, we have three migrants. I just named them whatever because I'm the leader so yeah.

Laddy
    Dignified Pauper
    TrollHunter

And this is where I left off. I intend to make a difference next time, to do something. I don't want my year to be remembered for water damage, parties and lazy doctors.

And so I leave you with a tragic picture. A picture of The Great Hall, smurfed up by water damage.

How on Earth do I repair it?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like that the flooded area is exactly where they were all partying. God does not approve of so much hard partying!

Okay, does anybody know how to make it not look like sick on a Mac? Getting most upset

EDIT: I did it! May Green's tutorial forgot to tell me to change the init file so graphics said Yes. It might not be a masterpiece, but at least I can look at it. I know it's a little bit late to get involved, but if you want another inexperienced player, I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by champagne supernova; 07-19-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

hahahaahahahha
    hahahaha

demon dude

you hero

hahahahahaha

also where did all the snow go?

...oh.

e: you're a carpenter, right? become a Dwarven Noah and build a huge ark!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't know what happened with the snow. Did I do something wrong? xD

And I have no idea how to build most things. You can see in the last picture that I accidentally started building a cage in the corner of the Great Hall and I don't know how to delete it.