Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF: Dwarf Fortress - Spoonproblems. Also, goblin problems.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think the snow ended up melting and that contributed to the flood.

Also I think to deconstruct it you have to press q, select the cage and there'll be an instruction on screen what to press to delete it. I think it's x but don't take my word for it.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I'm already in the fortress, you can't name ANOTHER dwarf after me!

That said, what the hell, rain and snow melting can cause FLOODS now!? I need to practice. I've yet to play.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is glorious. A party lasting days crashed by some random flash flood caused by melting snow and rain. Exactly how much rain and snow was there exactly? I now am a dwarf, I see myself dying in some random disturbing way eventually though.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Imagine me as a dwarf. Yeah, thought so too.

Blog Entries

I see a small dog with a beard... interesting.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Of Dogs and Dwarves

I don't get this at all.

We're getting a lot of Migrants, but they seem, erm ... shy to say the least. Hanging around southwest of the map (which I now deem the Wonder Square district) they do smurf all. Where's the 'prod' command by any chance?

And whilst The Great Hall is under The Great Renovation, Red Pill shows real entrepreneurial spirit in these dire times. Unimpressed with the goods the pansy elves supplied for exuberant prices, Red Pill sets his own shop up.

Right next to them.

I don't know how this happened. I placed it down but I thought I deleted the construction. Apparently not. Meanwhile Laddy and Værn tend the farm together which is sweet. Like our own George and Lennie, just in even more depressing times and without any fit blond women to kill.

But yes, Spoonproblems is not in a good way. I attempted to fix the issue with the flooring, but nothing happened. The Carpenter, Demon Dude (woo), was halfway across the map just staring at the elves. Staring.Nothing got done and eventually The Great Hall was deserted completely by dwarven kind.

DK, of course, not fitting into Dwarven society and remaining in his room masturbating into a pair of knickers. Probably Angelwings' as it's her room too, but I heard Pike is whoring it up around the fortress so who knows?

But yeah things are dire. What's worse is that for some unknown reason they have all lost their spacial awareness and can't eat, drink or put things in their bags. They've also been reading too many books by those bloody elves because they're frolicking around outside now. Wtf have I done wrong?

So at the end of this mini session, I leave you with this list of alerts telling me people can't find the 'path'. I'm not cut out for this tit.

(SPOILER)

Anyways I'm at work tomorrow, Thursday and Friday but I'll try and keep up. I'll attempt and have my turn finished (if the dwarves survive) within a week. It's quite hard coming after Psy who is both a better player and a funnier blogger than me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

xD Brilliant. And don't worry about coming after Psy. This entire thing would be rather boring if it was full of people who knew exactly how to prevent/solve problems. The entertainment comes from "oops" moments like these.

I have no clue as to all the path-finding stuff, but I suggest if things get worse that you simply mine a new hole towards your fort and block it afterwards to prevent intruders using the same route.

Is that purple crap miasma, StoneSense style? I'm not really sure.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

I think only one word can describe this
    ~smurfing brilliant
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles

Pretty sure your attempts to repair the great hall has blocked everyone off somehow. Get rid of the repairs and that might fix it?

edit: wait a minute, what did you do to the entrance ramp? xD You have literally removed the entire floor where the ramp used to be you madman

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't know.

Articles

Top floor press:

d -> j (downward stairway) and mine a stairwell

floor below:

d -> i (up down stairway) directly below

If needs be, d -> d to dig out a tunnel connecting your new stairs to the old area.

EDIT:

This is what he has done. He's dug out the surface for some reason and there were underground pools just beneath the surface. This is why it has all flooded.

Banned
    Blog Entries

That's crazy but it makes sense. I don't know how I managed to do that! xD

Oh wow, this is brilliant. At least I don't feel like I'm the only person who can't figure this game out either. Wow. Well, at least there haven't been any attacks yet.

So the EoFF: Dwarf Fortress is less a fortress and more of a pit now. Hilarious!

Blog Entries

Oh god, I have a feeling the first attack if going to be grand. Hopefully the battle is led on our side by someone who doesn't know what to do~
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm only in my third month I think. D: