Thread: owerpowered Garuda

Default owerpowered Garuda

i have problem... I'm using walktrough from this site to beat FF3 NES and...

i stucked in Salonia... I'm 21 lvl with each character, wich is one lvl higher than recommended lvl and for this fight using 3 dragoons (equiped) and one white mage and still can't absolutely beat her

i will take her aboout 2200 live down - that is less than half of hers HP and then her DMG output tottally owerhelm me, i can't heal trough it

i know that i can solve it by leveling more, but i simply HATE mob-farming...it is some way how to kill her, mobs around are trivial for me even now and it will be boring to be even more powerfull - it is not fun

is there any way how to beat her on this lvl in fair fight (no cheats or something)

thanks
    Dej mi sílu přijmout věci které nemohu změnit, dej mi odvahu změnit věci které změnit mohu a dej mi moudrost poznat rozdíl mezi nimi.

Grant me the strength to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Hm, when I did it I was just fine with one Dargoon. Garuda absolutely destroyed the rest of the party but my Dragoon took him out almost single handedly.

In all honesty, healing in that fight is just about a complete waste of time. Just race to land as much damage as you can as quickly as you can. You can also move the dragoons to the back row, as they will deal just as much damage using Jump from the front or back.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate that boss with a burning passion... Its weakness being my favorite job was a nice plus though. I think that's the boss that has KO'd me more than any other boss on ff3, it's all about luck. If it spams lightning things don't end well for me ever.
    Spamming dragoons with jump is the most effective way sadly. It just takes patience and luck.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

now everyone on lvl 23 and still same result - after half of her HP's down she beat me up like dog

problem is that 2 of 3 JUMP attacks still miss in almost every turn

and when they land, it if for 300 dmg with luck about 700-1000 - small chance

and if i don't heal myself i will end after 3rd lighting

btw. i never noticed that back row mitigate lighting dmg - just notice that back row jump is weaker and have miss even more often
    (9 miss from 9 jumps from 3 dragons in 3 turns in back row)

edit...jump with strongest, most geared dragoon from front row for 99 dmg? - you must be kiding me
    and IF she spams lighting? - she don't do anything else than spam lighting
    Last edited by Daralyn; 07-13-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    Dej mi sílu přijmout věci které nemohu změnit, dej mi odvahu změnit věci které změnit mohu a dej mi moudrost poznat rozdíl mezi nimi.

Grant me the strength to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

just killed her with only one living dragoon...it was damned luck (after about 25 wipes) i lost my white mage (3rd char) best dragoon (4th char) and those first two had so damn luck that 3 turns Garuda's lighting falls when they were in jump

HATE this - it was far worse than Thunder Gigas in FF2

but now every char will have level up in different fight...geez

but at least i can continue playing, thanks for your advices, even when they doesn't help at all :-(

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Leveling would have been your best choice, still. The Dragoon Tower can offer some nice exp. I leveled to lv 30 there, myself.

i've done 4 levels there... but

like i said - i HATE mob grinding - it is the most boring phase of any game if i need (like when i spent 10 lvl in first zone Hell dificulty in Diablo II just because i'm unable even kill stupid zombie there )

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm the opposite, I'm a grind whore. I love mob grinding~
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Hm, I haven't had extensive experience with FF3, but both times I went into the fight with only one Dragoon and didn't have a problem. I remember jump doing an absolute absurd amount of damage.

Guess I can't really help you.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

yeah, predator claws is pretty OP.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

What I did was go into the fight with four dragoons and used jump every time. Within two to three moves the boss would kill me. Finally I did some research and seen that you can access a shop and buy 8 Air Spears (I'm sure that's not what they are called but it is something like that) and that was the monsters weakness. I went into battle and noticed the damage was just increasing every time I jumped. Finally after around 10 game overs I won. The boss is hard and unexpected.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.