Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deadliest Character: Lightning vs. Cloud. WHO IS DEADLIEST!?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

His significantly inferior training would like affect his Materia strategy. So a questionable suggestion of Materia reflects that.
    ???? No, I think in game it shows quite well how he knows how to use materia. It is like saying Lightning wouldn't be able to use paradigms well because she hasn't had any formal training in them.

His significantly inferior training...
    To the best of my knowledge Lightning wasn't super bad ass special ops trained, she was just regular military. Which would be somewhere in the same ballpark as the training Cloud received to be a regular member of the Shin-Ra military. The training she received definitely wasn't up to the level of SOLDIER (yes, I know Cloud never got SOLDIER training either)
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles
    Blog Entries

She reached Sergeant.

Contributions

Sergeant, of the regular military.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Higher than Cloud. And it wasn't a regular militiary. It was the Guardian Corps, ane lite force, which she was scheduled to undergo Officer training.

Contributions

From the FF13 datalogs:

"The Guardian Corps is the branch of the Sanctum military responsible for maintaining peace and stability within Cocoon.
    Within their assigned jurisdictions, the soldiers of the Guardian Corps fulfill the role of police officers and protectors, working to eliminate all manner of criminal activity as well as rampaging wildlife."

Cocoon only has PSICOM and Guardian Corps, hence Guardian Corps is the name for their regular military.

Yes the level of training was higher than Cloud, I think I have said that in every single post I have made. But it still wasn't training anywhere close to the level both of them are currently performing at.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought PSICOM was the lower class.

Still, I stand by that Lightning is tougher than Cloud.

Sadly enough to completely ruin this thread, if they had to compete against one another the game would have to balanced. They'd have to agree to a game they're equally good at to compete. That way we won't have a lop-sided betting pool.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Lightning versus Haseo from .hack//GU

BTW, I haven't played XIII, but I'll assume that Blaze Edge is Lightning's default. Is there a history to it? Where did she get it?
    You would argue that Cloud's choice of weapon would be the Buster Sword simply because it's his default when truthfully it's mostly a story byte. Personally, I've always believed that Cloud would perform better with one of the lighter swords like the Murasame or the Hardedge.

I guess by now this all's bit irrelevant. Were you going to write the next contest in this same thread or another?

Contributions

Or Ultima Weapon. For all we know it could only weigh a pound or two, being made of magic and all.

As far as I know Lightning's weapon doesn't have any story significance in the least.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tomorrow I'll do the next fight.

Hopefully you'll disagree with that one, too!

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Or Ultima Weapon. For all we know it could only weigh a pound or two, being made of magic and all.

As far as I know Lightning's weapon doesn't have any story significance in the least.
    Well, of course it would be anybody's first instinct to equip Cloud with the Ultima Weapon. But that is an absolutely unique thing kin to the crystal sword. In Final Fantasy Tactics, You have to obtain the Materia Blade to make cameo Cloud useful. I have the feeling the Ultima Weapon is also composed of crystallized materia. It probably becomes lighter to wield when the user is at full strength thus the HP@MAX=ATK+ formula.

There were a lot of smaller choice swords in VII, the only reason Cloud had the Buster Sword was because it was a remnant of Zack. But who knows, Cloud could have probably wielded the memory of Zack as a weapon in itself.