Thread: Magic Question

Default Magic Question

First time playing through FFII. I just got Liela. Firion is a Paladin type character. Maria is my Black Mage also trained in the Bow. And Guy with double Axes. Question is, I have no problem gaining MP for Firion, he's around 110 MP, and i've been doing nothing but using Maria's Magic spells, and not using the Bow forever, but her MP has been at stuck at 79 for a long time. How can I make it go up? Her Fire spell is at level 8 and its eating her magic up? ahhhhh help is much obliged.

Nvm I checked the main sites, FFII "Statistics" section. Thanks for nothin guys

Alright come on guys I really need your help, this game is so frustrating, Firion and Guy are in there 1100s in HP and Maria is still at 480. I try hitting her in battle to have her HP go up but it doenst work EVER, Firion and Guys go up when they get hit once sometimes, WTF is going on, is she supposed to have lower HP? Please reply

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Several factors can be at work here, the biggest thing is how much of a drop in HP/MP a character gets, the vitality stat also seems to affect some things as well as I've noticed the lower vitality a character has, the smaller their HP growth is.

To raise Maria's MP, I would cast her lv. 8 spell as a single target spell so you can blow through her mp cause if she's finishing fights in one round with a spell, its not going to go up very often. As for the HP, you need to knock her into a near death state (where she's crouching) to consistently see HP growth if her Vitality stat is low. The easiest way to level HP/MP is with the spell Swap, which is obtained in Mysidia which is south of Altair and will require the canoe to reach. You are not suppose to get here until much later so the monsters will probably one shot you so prepare to run and use spells like Warp and escape. If you haven't freed Fynn yet, you might want to save and try your hand on the the royal guards. Higher level enemies will net you more bonuses than trying to fight weak enemies. Having level 8 magic and high bare handed weapon can allow you to kill one but expect to watch him kill a character every round. They drop some good spells and weapons so farm them until your comfortable and then make the journey to Mysidia to get the Swap spell. After that, its just about leveling the spell until it has a decent success rate and then spamming it on weak imps.

Ok, I got every one about equal, that helped a lott tho. But I think I grinded to much though as Im flying through the second half of the game like no tomorrow. WhAt would you say the average amount of HP and MP would your characters need to beat the final boss?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You honestly don't need much, 2000hp is more than enough to carry you to the end of the game. MP will depend on your magic levels and how much you rely on it.