Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red XIII appreciation thread

Red XIII is all that & more! Not only is his tailtip ablaze and his hair is a costly to produce, he is a talking beast. And, if you remember your FF7 lore, beasts were created by Ancients who were infected by the Jenova virus. Therefore Red XIII is the last Ancient & people must stop crying abot Aeris

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I never got that joke. =|
    Not really a joke, hearsay. I think it was Barret reacting to Red XIII suddenly saying "grandpa" for no obvious reason.
    I always had a little hunch it might be to do with how his grandfather is clearly not of the same species, at least physically speaking, thus making it pretty unbelievable that he could be his actual grandpa.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Not really a joke, hearsay. I think it was Barret reacting to Red XIII suddenly saying "grandpa" for no obvious reason.
    I always had a little hunch it might be to do with how his grandfather is clearly not of the same species, at least physically speaking, thus making it pretty unbelievable that he could be his actual grandpa.
    Yeah, but Barret and the others haven't met Bugen yet, so they wouldn't know.

I don't think he's his ACTUAL grandfather though.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I was of the impression that Barret's reaction was due to how adult and worldly Red normally acts. They assume he is old and wise, which they make another joke about when they meet Bugenhagen and he reveals that he is the equivalent of a teenager. From Barret's perspective it would be like overhearing Gandalf mumbling about his mummy in his sleep.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz Rantz Revolution View Post
    I was of the impression that Barret's reaction was due to how adult and worldly Red normally acts. They assume he is old and wise, which they make another joke about when they meet Bugenhagen and he reveals that he is the equivalent of a teenager. From Barret's perspective it would be like overhearing Gandalf mumbling about his mummy in his sleep.
    That is a distinct possibility.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Red XIII looks like a more badass Crash Bandicoot.

I liked him as a character, though rarely used him in all honesty. I definitely agree with BoB that the Cosmo Canyon bits with him on disc one contains some of the most emotional bits of the game. As for more non-human characters? Absolutely.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

"Zounds"

It was thrilling insert dialogue like that which made him my favourite character and always in my party. It was a shame his final limit break sucked
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary G13 View Post
    "I don't know who I am. Am I him or am I me? "

"My girlfriend's other boyfriend shot me and now I'm a vampire. "

"Are we at North Crater yet?" *sleeps*
    Let me see. Cloud and Vincent are busying themselves with the dilemma of whether they are actually human...
    Red XIII on the other hand isn't human at all. He's more really a dog; a creature which is light-hearted by nature. Basically, this animal is in the party so that the rest of the group can look at him and hopefully learn from his example... which they don't... 'cuz he's a dog.

Red XIII want a biscuit? Here ya go, that's a good boy, that's a good BOY!

I never got you.

first time i played through FF7 i got stuck on the materia keeper (crab like boss in nibelheim) with both characters dead and Red 13 on something like 15 health points i remeber useing sled fang and thing died a was over the moon at time

I'm iffy about those last-minute victories. In XII it doesn't matter because boss battles offer no exp. But in earlier games, winning a battle with dead characters meant only one or two characters would advance. Depending on who was losing exp and whether I had saved before the battle, I would usually reset my game right then.

Oh! And... Red XIII is awesomed.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He made a lot of babies. He is not IMPOTENT.