Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Larsa was totally tapping dat Penelo

Quote Originally Posted by Haha_YouAint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Dude View Post
    I think you'd like my Dajh/Snow slashfic.
    Omg, please tell me you did not go there. -dead-
    "It was a raining friday night in Bodhum ..."
    AHH MY EYES!! x_x

I just can't see Penelo with Vaan. They seem to have too much of a brother/sister relationship. I could always see Penelo and Larsa happening.
    Wise words. I agree with all of this.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think you'd like my Dajh/Snow slashfic.
    Omg, please tell me you did not go there. -dead-
    "It was a raining friday night in Bodhum ..."
    AHH MY EYES!! x_x

I just can't see Penelo with Vaan. They seem to have too much of a brother/sister relationship. I could always see Penelo and Larsa happening.
    Well from a certain picture of vaan posing I'm convinced that either he was/wants to be a woman so I see their relationship as more of a... sister sister.
    (SPOILER)
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Officially love this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I wonder if that was done to make Penelo a little more relevant to the storyline?
    Doesn't that suggest that Penelo initially had some relevance?
    And yes, they failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I agree with this in the sense that I found Vaan, Penelo, and Fran to be unnecessary to the story of the entire game. At the very least, Fran can get a pass by acting as the partner of Balthier, but Vaan and Penelo are completely extraneous to me when one takes into account the political story of the game.
    I think I read somewhere in the XII is SW thread that Vaan is comparable to Luke Skywalker. If we base the comparison on role rather than age, I'd say Basch is more comparable to Luke as he is the one who is ever part of the resistance. Vaan was and remains consistently a part of nothing.

I never gave much consideration to Chewbacca in the SW series... like Fran, he's cool, but their presence adds nothing.
    Who could I possibly compare Vaan or Penelo to? Can't really think of anyone proper. Comparing Vaan or Penelo to anyone in SW would be insulting SW.

Blog Entries

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Really don't think Larsa felt that way about Penelo at all.
    Vote in my EoFF Popularity Poll for every game and character in the series thus far: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8N6VZ98!

Blog Entries

Nah, Larsa gives off that nice guy friend only feel.

That's because *kero* Larsa's but a boy *kero* and has yet to understand his deeper passssssions! *kero kero* ... "What'd you do to me!?"

At his age, being "just friends" is actually as close to dating as he's likely to get. Boys + Girls = coodies... nyeh.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post

"I'm being outmaneuvered by a 12-year-old..."
    Almost just burst out laughing.

I could so sympth with his patheticness.

I'm not much for shipping--I generally take whatever pair is handed to me and just accept it--but I have to agree, Larsa/Penelo is adorable, and superior to Vaan/Penelo in so many ways. Firstly, Penelo really did seem like Vaan's caretaker, or older sister, and not a romantic interest. Clearly he's too immature for her, and I imagine that any relationship they could have would be comprised of her looking after him and him doing brash and inconsiderate things in the typical, "i'm an obnoxious video game hero" sort of way.

Larsa, on the otherhand, is incredibly mature for his age and he's still growing, so I hold hope that he'll begin to look a little less feminine as he ages and maybe inherit some of his brother's masculine features. Aside from the cuteness between Larsa and Penelo(and the ineptness of Vaan) in the OP's clip, I love Ashe's reaction to Larsa's mini-speech about doing what is best for Dalmasca and the Empire. There is this slight moment of hesitation before she hesitantly responds, "very well, then" where I'm sure she's thinking,
    "HOW old is this kid?"

On a side-note, I don't really think of Penelo and Larsa's hypothetical(possibly fannon?) relationship as Poor Peasent Girl/Noble, because I don't think that would be the dynamic of their relationship. Others might view it that way, but I'm sure there would be very little distinction made on either of their parts. Their personalities seem more compatable than Vaan and Penelo's as well. Both are cool headed and gentle-hearted, and I always thought that Penelo might be smarter than the game's creators let on. Darn you for poor character developmen SquareEnix! That's okay--we have fanfiction! Fanfiction fixes everything! Muahahaha!

Blog Entries

Fanfiction also destroys everything.
    It's a double edged sword.
    Gotta agree with all your points though, spot on.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Fanfiction also destroys everything.
    It's a double edged sword.
    Gotta agree with all your points though, spot on.
    I'm not sure i'd agree with the assertion that fanfiction detroys everything as well as preserves. Fanfiction is just a tool for exploring ideas sparked by the fandom in question--usually, it's only your fanfiction that you pay attention to. Fanfiction is a useful outlet for letting out fan tension, issues, or ideas regarding a fandom, and while the majority of fanfiction is bad, it's never truly legit. Fanon differs depending on the fan, and if I read a cruddy fanfic it doesn't destroy anything for me, nor does it affect the fandom as a whole. If I write a fanfic however, it helps to preserve my personal interest in the fandom as well as perhaps spark someone else's interest. It's odd in the way that fanfiction doesn't really alter things when it's bad, but it has the power to alter things when it's good.

Back to the pairing, I was suprised at how little fanart there is for it. But then, FFXII doesn't have all that much in way of fanart to begin with. If I weren't such a cruddy artist....

Blog Entries

Oh the terrifying badfics I could link you too...
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy