Thread: X-2 Suffers the Wrath of the Spoony One

Default X-2 Suffers the Wrath of the Spoony One

That's right, the Spoony One is back. After his thorough criticism of FFX he has finally moved on to FFX-2.

I have to admit, I do admire him for being willing to speak the truth. There is a lot to like about this game. The lighthearted nature, the focus on exploration and sidequests... If only the game hadn't been built around the concept of fanservice (and had been given a better main plot), it could have been brilliant.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    That's right, the Spoony One is back. After his thorough criticism of FFX he has finally moved on to FFX-2.

I have to admit, I do admire him for being willing to speak the truth. There is a lot to like about this game. The lighthearted nature, the focus on exploration and sidequests... If only the game hadn't been built around the concept of fanservice (and had been given a better main plot), it could have been brilliant.
    While I find him entertaining to watch and listen to, his reviews are pretty lame. (SPOILER)He does have some valid points concering FFX in terms of how can a blitzball be a legitimate weapon? He also pointed out the fact that blitzball itself is a bit ridiculous such that humans can't breathe underwater. Fine. But he doesn't try to strike down the whole general concept of summoning? That's probably the most illogical thing of them all. He should really pay attention the fact that the game is called Final Fantasy for a reason.
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

If it was built around fanservice wouldn't it have been better? I'm not understanding your statement.

Neb, I never understood the point of quoting the first post when you write the second post... But whatever.

Really, though, I liked FFX-2 and FFX. What I enjoyed most about X-2, though, was the dresspheres. I love class systems in games, which is why X-2, T, TA, TA2, I, III, and V will always be high up on my list of loved games. Not so much XIII, though. Too hallwayish. And the class switching happening twice per second gets annoying.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I never really like anything Spoony does. It's not that it's bad, it's just that he doesn't bring anything new that I don't see here every day. I just get bored. (And also maybe because he rips apart my favorites in the series.)

Blog Entries

I never take negative reviews seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    Neb, I never understood the point of quoting the first post when you write the second post... But whatever.
    Haha, you're right... I think I just did that out of habit!
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

i found Spoonys review of FF X Funny as hell...... i don't agree with most of it and at some points wished i could tell him to remember IT'S A FINAL FANTASY GAME but never less i enjoyed it....... i can see myself agreeing with him on every thing he say's about X-2, and you have to give him credit for applauding sqaure for trying to do something different
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So is the spoony out of business?