Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Harry smurfing Potter and the end of my childhood part 2

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Just saw it. It was pretty awesome! The only thing I would change is (SPOILER)have Neville be on fire while he was killing Nagini, like in the book. It's just much more impressive that way! But his scenes were pretty great, so it's a nice compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    i think the Biggest mistake you can make here is reading the book before the movie.
    i did that with The Halfblood Prince, and by reading the book u get too much expectations wich results in a big dissapointment @ the film.
    Yeah, I learned that lesson with the Goblet of Fire myself. It really sucks doing it that way. Read it after!

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Especially would have liked to see more of the twins. All we get is a measly single line for them each and then... well, you know.
    This is the only real issue I had with all of the movies together. They were my favorite minor characters and a lot of their best scenes got cut out

Blog Entries

The dialogue pauses were too long at times but other than that I enjoyed the battle save for some scenes where I think more magic could have been added. For example when (SPOILER)Neville falls down that bridge instead of all the other students just standing there it wouldve been a great time to throw a levicorpus for an unexpected visual gag. And when Abeforth drives away the dementors i think it wouldve been better had all the students casted simultaneous patronuses to run them all down.

Also wtf happened to (SPOILER)wormtail, iirc his death was cut from part 1 and i dont recall seeing him in part 2. I was hoping they did it so he and Remus could duel but apparently not.

As for why Lucius' wand didnt work:
    (SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by The book
    “Without meaning to, as you now know, Lord Voldemort doubled the bond between you when he returned to a human form. A part of his soul was still attached to yours, and, thinking to strengthen himself, he took a part of your mother’s sacrafice into himself. If he could only have understood the precise and terrible power of that sacrifice, he would not, perhaps, have dared to touch your blood. . . . But then, if he had been able to understand, he could not be Lord Voldemort, and might never have murdered at all.
    “Having ensured this two-fold connection, having wrapped your destinies together more securely than ever two wizards were joined in history, Voldemort proceeded to attack you with a wand that shared a core with yours. And now something very strange happened, as we know. The cores reacted in a way that Lord Voldemort, who never knew that your wand was a twin of his, had ever expected.
    “He was more afraid than you were that night, Harry. You had accepted, even embraced, the possibility of death, something Lord Voldemort has never been able to do. Your courage won, your wand overpowered his. And in doing so, something happened between those wands, something that echoed the relationship between their masters.
    “I believe that your wand imbibed some of the power and qualities of Voldemort’s wand that night, which is to say that it contained a little of Voldemort himself. So your wand recognized him when he pursued you, recognized a man who was both kin and mortal enemy, and it regurgitated some of his own magic against him, magic much more powerful than anything Lucius’s wand had ever performed. Your wand now contained the power of your enormous courage and of Voldemort’s own deadly skill: What chance did that poor stick of Lucius Malfoy’s stand?”

I hated the (SPOILER)Ron+Hermione couple in the book but I didnt mind it as much in the movie. Though I still wouldve prefered Hermione+Krum
    Last edited by Rantz; 07-26-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

now with ending of the films i really feel like reading all books :3 so in time im gonna biy them all
    im already 4/5 through HP1, and as i noticed 1 book isnt enough for this vacation i went to the store to buy another one in english... they had ALL part... except the one i wanted -.-.. ... .. so now im forced to skip 1 book (for now) D:

after the vacation im going another time to HP