Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Terra was meant to have blonde hair...

Imagine this coming from my avatar Terra.

"Oh, why don't I try magicitemiracle cream. Using magic to change hair color isn't overrated."

"I'll also create a new coat. I hope I don't run out of MP during a blizzard."
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

I like her with green hair. It sets her aside from the rest of the party (other then being able to transform into an esper at will, of course). Also, FFVI-2 would suck. There would be no magic. They sealed the plot so there was no real way to make a sequel. At all.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Terra with blonde hair would make half her sprite look the same as celes' sprite, at least from the rear.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by the_best_noob View Post
    Also, FFVI-2 would suck. There would be no magic.
    The first quarter or so of the game limited your magic immensely. The lack of magic would not be the reason why FFVI-2 would suck. The fact it wouldn't live up to the original - nostalgia goggles or not - is why it would suck.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

It's a moment in gaming that just plain can't happen again, agreed.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

To be honest, the original designs for Terra and Celes look awfully similar. That might have been intentional on the part of the artist, but a lot of his work has a certain distinct style that can be easily seen in past and present designs. You know, kind of like how Akira Toriyama's character designs are similar?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    To be honest, the original designs for Terra and Celes look awfully similar. That might have been intentional on the part of the artist, but a lot of his work has a certain distinct style that can be easily seen in past and present designs. You know, kind of like how Akira Toriyama's character designs are similar?
    Similar? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_best_noob View Post
    Also, FFVI-2 would suck. There would be no magic.
    The first quarter or so of the game limited your magic immensely. The lack of magic would not be the reason why FFVI-2 would suck. The fact it wouldn't live up to the original - nostalgia goggles or not - is why it would suck.
    Very true, but part of the great,great fun of the game is being able to walk around farming monsters on celes's island in the WoR and getting ultima. Thinking more, how would it play out? They kept the story of that game sealed and left so they could not make a (good) sequel.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Unless they made it 1000 years in the future and referenced the events of FF6 like they did with the War of the Magi in the past. That would be interesting to get to see how the world has evolved since then.

And to have a WoR like cataclysm that actually returns the continents to their original positions.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Come on, they'd have to do a story where they bring the characters back from the original, or what's the point?

And as far as not having magic, it really does make it touchy to do any kind of extended story. You could handwave it, but not without seeming lazy. And trying to do a Final Fantasy game without the signature magic spells is just pointless.

If it were me (and it isn't), I would do something involving Figaro using its newly developed submarines to investigate a series of ships being lost way far out in the ocean. They find the wreckage of the ships deep underwater, right next to the remains of the Sealed Gate.

So Edgar gets Setzer to take him to Mobliz (Setzer has been funding the building of a proper orphanage, now that he's not blowing all his money on liquor anymore), and asks Terra if she would mind going on a submarine voyage to investigate...and we're off!

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    Come on, they'd have to do a story where they bring the characters back from the original, or what's the point?
    Because then you can capture on nostalgia of the original without cheapening it. Lets face it, magically dreaming up some event even on par with Kefka destroying the world in the characters lifetime is going to make it seem less like the most epic story that ever happened to the planet and more like a piece of fanfiction.

If you place it far into the future every reference to the events of the past or people who participated in them is a delicious little treat fans of the original FF6. Not only that it will be able to target a much larger audience who may not have played FF6. (And hopefully go back and play it after.)

A good story always leaves you wanting more of the characters. But just think of the old addage, Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it. If the story had closure then it probably isn't the best idea to open it up again.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

would say sequels are not going to happen for VI. It's ending is pretty definitive for the most part. On the other hand, prequels give you a lot of room to play around with.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Unless they made it 1000 years in the future and referenced the events of FF6 like they did with the War of the Magi in the past. That would be interesting to get to see how the world has evolved since then.

And to have a WoR like cataclysm that actually returns the continents to their original positions.
    I am strangely attracted to this idea... Attracted in a way I previously thought only possible to be to other human beings.

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    It's ending is pretty definitive for the most part.
    I bet that is what they said at the end of the War of the Magi.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well considering VI ends with the party wiping magic out as opposed to the War of the Magi where it simply sealed itself away, unless some new gods show up, I don't see a new War of the Magi in the future unless it's going to be the boring nuclear weapon variety.