Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That trailer is pretty old and fake. Also, I want to mention that I don't play these games professionally. I just enjoy them fighting games since I'm not very good when playing against someone who spends most of their time trying to perfect their gaming.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

But, but.

Viewtiful Joenix Wright. :c

That's understandable.

With DLC and new versions every few months, it's hard to casually love a fighting game when you have to buy it over and over again with minor tweaks/character changes.

I feel 'ya though. I'll probably get UMvC3 once it's used or really cheap in stores.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kokichi View Post
    Mahvel died with MvC2.

MvC3 is a sorry excuse for a professional fighting game.

Casually, it would be okay if it weren't rushed then rehashed less than a year later with just new characters as reconciliation.
    I disagree on both counts. As long as there's still a sizable gap between the pros and casuals (there still is; the only place where there isn't is online due to the lag, but that's for every game) it still counts as a professional fighting game.

Actually I kind of agree with you on the second point except for what I said earlier in the thread. Capcom was WAY worse with rehashing before and the games cost more on top of that.

Now we're getting 12 more characters, a boatload of balance changes, some engine changes, more modes....for the price of 40 bucks. Back then you had to pay 50-80 bucks just to get a port of SF2 that didn't change even 1/4 as much as UMvC3 has.

We basically had several ports of SF2 even after the original arcade versions, each going for full price. I'd say that's way worse than Capcom's newer strategy of "make a game that seems unfinished and then make one later that has way more stuff at a lower price."
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Btw, there are a few leaked images of Nova and Phoenix Wright on the interwebs.

UMvC3: Leaked images of Nova and Phoenix Wright : News : EventHubs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    I disagree on both counts. As long as there's still a sizable gap between the pros and casuals (there still is; the only place where there isn't is online due to the lag, but that's for every game) it still counts as a professional fighting game.

Actually I kind of agree with you on the second point except for what I said earlier in the thread. Capcom was WAY worse with rehashing before and the games cost more on top of that.

Now we're getting 12 more characters, a boatload of balance changes, some engine changes, more modes....for the price of 40 bucks. Back then you had to pay 50-80 bucks just to get a port of SF2 that didn't change even 1/4 as much as UMvC3 has.

We basically had several ports of SF2 even after the original arcade versions, each going for full price. I'd say that's way worse than Capcom's newer strategy of "make a game that seems unfinished and then make one later that has way more stuff at a lower price."
    The first few editions of SF2 were pretty dumb, lol.

But games like Super Street Fighter II and SSFII: Turbo revolutionized fighting games. They used those games as a stepping stone to get there.

Comparing that to today's market, today is lacking. $60 for a game that was proven to be withholding finalized characters, $5 for DLC characters that weren't even looked at as seriously as the main cast, then you get them free in UMvC3 regardless.

You purchased modes in MvC3, since they weren't readily available. You couldn't watch other people play in MvC3; you could only play yourself to see footage that wasn't recorded. The only good thing about UMvC3 is that this is changing.

It's Capcom's odd marketing ploy nowadays. At least with their shenanigans in earlier years, the differences actually made a difference.

I won't even begin to get started on why MvC3 is 80% casual friendly as opposed to 20% professional, because that's for another day entirely.

My hype meter is broken for Iron Fist, so I'm gonna go to sleep. ;_;

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Man, so disappointed in the lack of hype this forum is showing for this game. Oh well. It looks like tomorrow we'll be seeing reveal trailers for PW and RR at NYCC. I'll link to the videos when they're up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrjFE-jyJ58 Yaaay Phoenix Wright trailer is up! And it's awesome that Maya makes an appearance as well!

There's also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTWytniOSWE Not Rocket Raccoon, but still pretty cool. Next two characters will also be the last pair, so maybe we'll get them later this month or sometime before this game becomes available in stores.
    Last edited by Agent Proto; 10-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

OBJECTION!
    :objection:

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

After I found out I suck horribly at MvC I lost interest in this game but the upgrades and new characters do look pretty sweet.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I don't like the fact that block while air dashing is gone. It sounds like it could suck bad for a lot of characters particularly my bitch Amaterasu since she has one of the slowest air dashes. They also said that they'll slow down 8-way air dashes too.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 10-13-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokichi View Post
    Mahvel died with MvC2.

MvC3 is a sorry excuse for a professional fighting game.

Casually, it would be okay if it weren't rushed then rehashed less than a year later with just new characters as reconciliation.

Lets just say that Kokichi is right. The top players in Marvel 2 is much more greatly skilled than the top in Marvel 3 could ever be. Marvel 3's mechanics is pretty much zoning, along with air combos into OTG attacks that extend into longer air combos to defeat your opponent.

The depth in Marvel 2 is much bigger, with harder to do combos(something that Marvel 3 ignores for its casual audience), more dynamic zoning, more better spacing, and all the characters in the game don't necessarily need to do air combos or OTG resets like in Marvel 3 to be great. Theres a LOT more to it than that in the old game.

I don't take either of them seriously, but I can place a lot higher in Marvel 3 never owning the game, than i ever could hope to even win a match in Marvel 2 in a tournie. This is not just me saying it but from experience.

Its easy to summarize Marvel 3's basic flow whereas its impossible in Marvel 2 because things change so much even with the same teams by different players. MvC3 is much watered down compared to its older cousin.

Gap between Intermediate to Pro in Marvel 3 - [===============]
    Gap for Intermediate to Pro in Marvel 2 [======== to infinity almost, you just don't see the mark so easily] The difference was just that huge, either you get it or you don't.

I don't like the fact that block while air dashing is gone. It sounds like it could suck bad for a lot of characters particularly my bitch Amaterasu since she has one of the slowest air dashes. They also said that they'll slow down 8-way air dashes too.
    I am willing to bet its because the lesser skilled people QQed about 8 way dashes and only the people who are advanced in the Marvel mindset can deal with it instead of actually learning.

Ammy can cancel her air dash though right? I don't use her, i only see people cancel dashing that vine move. Her current status is so braindead though since no one can zone her ever and end up having to pushblock all the time..while the guy spams med-hard attacks.
    Last edited by Lionx; 10-14-2011 at 12:08 AM.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

My correction only the down back airdash has been slowed.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I really don't care, because I've been boycotting Capcom ever since they cancelled Megaman Universe and Megaman Legends 3 for no reason. I'm never buying another Capcom game ever again except for the iPhone/iPod ports of their older classics like the games on Capcom Arcade.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> mmm.... I think I`ll wait for "ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3.5 Perfect Edition Gold"..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

LOL! Or you wait for Super Street Fighter IV Turbo Ultra Platinum Championship
    Edition. XD