Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Water fasting

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post
    how the hell do you even gain weight? It's bloody impossible.
    Eat. More.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Eat. More.
    I'll just get fat. Anyway all joking aside I put in yet another meal to my diet.

Blog Entries

Protein?

Blog Entries

Grin

Damnit. Not all weight gain problems are due to protein deficiency. I just don't know what to eat within the dietary fat / carb food groups that won't just make me horribly fat

Chimp told me to eat a bag of flour. he's a jerk.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You know you want to look like him. Oh look poking him forms a mile wide bruise!
    (SPOILER)
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

that can not be real.

Blog Entries

Grin

it's not xD

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    You know you want to look like him. Oh look poking him forms a mile wide bruise!
    (SPOILER)
    Why are there so many posts on this message board that make me want to gouge my eyes out

Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    (SPOILER)
    Why are there so many posts on this message board that make me want to gouge my eyes out
    we're awesome

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

eat a bag of chips every day! wash it down with a milkshake!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I like the occasional Crisco and bacon grease sandwich.

Blog Entries

Damnit. Not all weight gain problems are due to protein deficiency. I just don't know what to eat within the dietary fat / carb food groups that won't just make me horribly fat

Chimp told me to eat a bag of flour. he's a jerk.
    You don't drink protein shakes, right? smurfing just add a shake to one of your meals. Bam.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Or take my step-by-step diet for men. My regime will guide you 24 hours a day, the DD way! (oh god)

9:00am: Wake up, roll off your bed and onto the floor. Hoover up crumbs with your mouth - if hungover, then finish the beer you were drinking.

9:30: Burn toast, give it to dog. Give up and grab some chocolate digestives. Cup of tea with two sugars.

11:15: Light snack time. If at home, BLT sandwich. If at work, try and find some time to go to Maccy D's or KFC. Don't be fussy, get a meal and get a discount.

12:00
    : If weekend, you're probably feeling better. Have some neat vodka shots. If weekday, go to the nearest Starbucks, Costa, wherever, and get a hot chocolate with marshmallows and a cake for good measure.

3:00: Milkshake. 3:00 is always milkshake time. None of that Protein tit either.

5:00: Snack before dinner. Usually chocolate or crisps - both if you feel like it.

7:00: DINNER. Pizza with extra mozzarella, kebab, fish and chips, whatever. Treat yourself, and if you have a girlfriend/wife eating with you, steal half of their portion. You'll both be feeling better for it.

8:00: Cake time.

10:00: Beer or fatty drink. Depends on tomorrow's schedule and how busy you are.

1:30: Get up at midnight and drink milk (full fat) and make a sandwich.

4:00
    : Get up again and eat those leftover crusts from that sandwich earlier.

Vomiting is expected, don't worry. If you're sick, it means you're doing a good job.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings8 View Post
    And again, I don't think a HIGH carb diet is good for you, and I think that's what your emphasizing. But I don't think a NO carb diet is good for you either. I think if you're going to eat carbs, you should focus more on complex carbs and cut out simple carbs. I also think people need to be eating more good fats. I use olive oil in everything, eat tons of fish, and I'll admit I love whole milk, steak, eggs, salami, prosciutto, bacon...all that fatty goodness. My diet typically consists of more protein and good fats, veggies (and I'm trying to eat more fruit), and a SMALL portion whole grains.
    I may not have been clear enough in my earlier posts but I agree on a high carb diet not being good, but also that people shouldn't take it to the absolute opposite extreme of no carbs. Some carbs should be consumed in the diet in the form of vegetables, some fruit, and what little you'll get from nuts or seeds. I do however advocate not eating grains of any kind, even whole grains, or starchy vegetables for that matter. The majority of people simply aren't adapted to eating them well enough to do it on a regular basis. If you eat a lot of grains and have no problems with obesity, various blood markers, or wild swings in blood sugar and insulin production then congratulations, you may be one of the lucky few who don't get adverse chronic health problems from eating them. But if you do have problems with any of these, try cutting grains out entirely. A lot of people notice that their general health improves when they do, and some chronic health problems are either reduced in severity or disappear completely when they stop eating grains and starchy vegetables.

The biggest immediate problem with grains in particular is that the carbs you get from them get converted to glucose by the liver and cause the rise in blood sugar. And they tend to pack a lot of carbs relative to the actual amount of food you eat. So while it would be quite difficult to fit in 40g of carbs in a single meal from vegetables, you can blow right past that easily just by having a sandwich and end up feeling hungry sooner once your blood sugar crashes after the huge spike. Also to clarify, I'm using you in the general sense and not to refer specifically to you AngelWings8.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings8
    And you mentioned that it isn't until recently that we've had these problems because of our modern farming methods. What about the introduction of processed foods into our modern diet? Packaged, processed, and refined foods are what I've attributed to this country's obesity problem. Overeating as well as high-fat, high-calorie, high-sodium and high-sugar fast food and soda meals seem more likely to be the problem than a few slices of whole grain bread.
    I agree that processed and refined foods are also a huge problem. They may even be the single biggest factor in obesity and diet related health problems growing over the last half a century. The main problem being that so many processed foods are filled with a lot of sugar. It seems to be the go to thing to add to make all of that crap palatable. Overeating is also a problem, but it's not hard to understand why it happens to some extent. When you spike your blood sugar constantly with foods high in sugar and carbs you set yourself up for the crash that inevitably comes a couple of hours later leaving you feeling hungry again. And when these processed foods are full of so many empty calories to begin with, it makes it even worse since it's easy to eat 3-4,000 calories worth of processed food, assuming you can actually stomach it. And eat too much of just about anything and I won't be surprised to see someone gain some weight. I disagree with tossing high fat in there though. Certainly the wrong kind of fat is a problem (trans fats and fats from vegetable oils especially), but unsaturated and saturated fats from meat, nuts and other sources could be consumed in much higher quantities than the USDA or the Canadian government recommend with no ill effects that have ever been proven by any study. But again, I think this is something we probably agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee
    If you're not lactose intolerant then I'd recommend adding whole milk to your diet and focusing on heavy compound lifts. Squat, Deadlift, Cleans, etc. You will in all likelihood gain some fat as well, but it's one of the better ways to make sure you get enough food in you to support muscle growth. Once you're at or a bit over your desired weight, you could cut back on it or cut it out altogether to cut the fat. Add some conditioning work if you feel you aren't burning the fat off quickly enough. Don't bother running long distances though since that will result in more muscle loss than necessary. Try short fast intervals of sprints, swimming, biking, or start throwing in some Cross Fit workouts in addition to your usual weight lifting. It will improve your overall fitness and help avoid muscle loss from doing lot's of long slow exercise like jogging longer distances.

If you happen to be lactose intolerant (which I think a lot of asian people tend to be if I'm not mistaken) get your ass to McDonald's and order a Quarter Pounder or Big Mac a few times a week. And no, I'm not actually joking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by demondude View Post
    7:00: DINNER. Pizza with extra mozzarella, kebab, fish and chips, whatever. Treat yourself, and if you have a girlfriend/wife eating with you, steal half of their portion. You'll both be feeling better for it.
    lol...my experience has usually been me not being able to finish my portion and forcing my boyfriend to eat it for me even if he's full.

Oh, and I stand by the 10pm beer suggestion. Drink lots of beer. It's good for you :-D