Thread: Water fasting

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I was going to say that this is a prime example of why we shouldn't let teenagers be members
    I am offended by this.
    Then my job here is done.

ETA: Alright, let's not everyone tell shion what for, please. I'm sure she gets the point. I mean, the above are fine, but let's not have everyone keep repeating the same thing.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Lost 5 lbs
    Water/muscle weight. Also, your weight fluctuates a lot just during the course of one day.

Have a smaller apetite
    Starvation mode.

Walked 7 miles today - havnt done that in two years
    It's just walking. This should only be hard for landwhales.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

But if it feels good, who cares? Like I said, a fast can be a good kick-in-the-pants. I often use fasts like that; it makes it easier for me to then get back into a proper diet and exercise routine. And what's wrong with that? Must everything we do be the ultimate healthy choice? Isn't it fine to just do what works for us?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    ...I must be a landwhale :O_O:

Actually, I've never measured how far I walk when I go to museums or zoos...but on a daily basis I doubt walking to/from the bus stop and around the office is more than a mile.

Oh, and I'm curious about the disappearance of iron deficiency as well...don't you need to take iron supplements or ingest more iron in your diet to treat that? And wouldn't you need bloodwork done to determine if the deficiency is gone?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Lost 5 lbs
    Water/muscle weight. Also, your weight fluctuates a lot just during the course of one day.

Have a smaller apetite
    Starvation mode.

man you're pushing it with these comments xD

I want to post my 'different body types of women' pic but I would get in trouble again

walking is easy. Humans can walk for tens of hours at a time.

Blog Entries

But if it feels good, who cares? Like I said, a fast can be a good kick-in-the-pants. I often use fasts like that; it makes it easier for me to then get back into a proper diet and exercise routine. And what's wrong with that? Must everything we do be the ultimate healthy choice? Isn't it fine to just do what works for us?
    Ultimate healthy? God no. I still drink soda and eat fast food from time to time. But water fasting for a few days and actually thinking it's a good thing is pretty dense.

HI there,
    Water fasting is really much helpful also and most of the person use this one therapy to stay fit and in the better one shape out there.... I think that many of the person will surely got much amazing results out there...

Quote Originally Posted by kamani View Post
    HI there,
    Water fasting is really much helpful also and most of the person use this one therapy to stay fit and in the better one shape out there.... I think that many of the person will surely got much amazing results out there...
    No.

Blog Entries

Grin

Ultimate healthy? God no. I still drink soda and eat fast food from time to time. But water fasting for a few days and actually thinking it's a good thing is pretty dense.
    speaking of which it's been a couple of months. I'm going to get a small bag of chips at some point in the future

no rush.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Eh, every now and then if work has dropped off I tend to get into a 'go to sleep at 5:00am, wake up at 1:00pm' routine, and to snap myself out of it I'll pull an all nighter and force myself to stay awake till 7:00pm or something. It'll usually get me on the right track towards sleeping and waking up at a normal time. It's not healthy, but it's a quick fix that helps me get into a healthier habit afterwards.

Like shlup said, if Shion uses this as a 'kick in the butt' then I don't see the harm (more so if she says she didn't have a problem with it). I still say this thread totally should have been in EoEO though, it's so boring.

Blog Entries

I don't think missing one night of sleep is the same as starving yourself for a few days; last I checked you didn't start sleeping a bunch more after resetting your circadian rhythm.

Articles
    Blog Entries

"See, now you're throwing too many big words at me, and because I don't know what they mean I'm going to take them as disrespect...so first thing; shut your mouth."

Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    "See, now you're throwing too many big words at me, and because I don't know what they mean I'm going to take them as disrespect...so first thing; shut your mouth."
    asl?

if you don't eat for 3-4 days, the correct thing to do is to eat at your TDEE for the day that you are eating.

Surprisingly if you don't sleep for 3-4 days the correct thing to do is not to sleep for 24-32 hours but to sleep for 6-8

Blog Entries

My TDEE is between 2956 and 3004 apparently. Nice.

Blog Entries

Grin

My TDEE is between 2956 and 3004 apparently. Nice.
    Being able to eat 3500 Kcals to maintain your body mass must be nice n_________n

i wish i were that fat. I'm almost there!