Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Water fasting

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's good for the soul, and that's what is most important.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings8 View Post
    Oh, and I stand by the 10pm beer suggestion. Drink lots of beer. It's good for you :-D
    When it comes down to a choice of whether or not to drink beer, smurf every single thing I have ever said against having too many carbs and toss a few back.

Haha Vivi, I think you and I agree on MOST parts of our debate. More protein and good fats, less processed/refined foods, less sugar and carbs. And perhaps I just haven't had issues from eating whole grains yet, but I'll take your suggestions into account if I ever do come across some chronic health problems. But for right now, I like not being constipated :-D

Last edited by AngelWings8; 07-27-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You just reminded me that I actually meant to touch on your comment about fiber a bit. Personally, I've never had trouble hitting the amount of recommended fiber in my diet by just eating vegetables and nuts. Now granted, I'm bigger and eat more than most people so hitting about 30g of fiber from those sources is pretty easy for me. But that said, the times my diet has been low on fiber I really haven't ever had constipation issues. I'd say most people are going to get what they need if they're eating vegetables, fruit, and nuts through the day until they feel satisfied after their meal. If you do that and still end up constipated then you can always try tweaking the diet a bit to include more vegetables and less of something else (there's not really any one proper ratio of protein, carbs, and fat in the diet for everyone), or maybe resort to a fiber supplement if needed.

Really though, it's all about trying different quantities of food and seeing what happened. You can start with roughly equal amounts of protein, carbs and fat from better quality foods and see how that goes in terms of weight loss, muscle gain, mood, energy level, how long you go before feeling hungry again etc. From there tweak it a bit and see how things change. It could help to keep a food log where you write it all down as well so you can go back and compare. But that's if you're really interested in finding out where the sweet spot in your diet is. If you don't want to over think it that much, just focus on real food and make sure you get plenty of protein and fat in there. Pretty much everyone will see benefit from doing that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lost 5 lbs
    Have a smaller apetite
    Have more energy
    Walked 7 miles today - havnt done that in two years
    Throw all the science you want at me, I feel good. Better than I have in a long time. My moods have improved considerably and I am sleeping much much better.

I am happy I did it. That is all

I depart once more

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was going to say that this is a prime example of why we shouldn't let teenagers be members, but I looked at her profile and she's 22. Her entire membership I thought she was like sixteen. Yeesh.

Congratulations on having an opinion that differs from other people's, shion! It's a shame you can't seem to extend others the same courtesy.

...she's not a teenager? :O_O: I thought she was as well.....

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can be against water fasting all you like

I did it
    I am happy about it

You think its wrong
    dont do it

Where am I missing the courtesy?
    Or is it because I feel I should be able to post without being insulted?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

One person told you not to be an idiot, and you ragequit over it. He even got a warning for it. I don't see what you're so buggered about.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

If you want to try intermittent fasting just eat for 6-8 hours a day

If you want to just drink water, note that you are not getting enough calories. You also aren't getting enough nutrients and minerals. For the love of all that is holy, eat a multivitamin.

And don't do this crap for more than a day. During the weekend I can consume as little as 1000 calories because I will only eat one, two meals max. but that's nothing compared to just drinking water.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I was going to say that this is a prime example of why we shouldn't let teenagers be members
    I am offended by this.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anyways, my point being, I did it, I survived, am still in good health (btw, my Iron deficiency is gone) and I feel good.

I have an appointment with a dieticien (I dunno if thats the name in english) tomorrow for the rest of my dieting needs. No one said I was gonna make this a regular thing. I did it its done and I am happy I did it.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

wait how did not eating iron cure you of anemia??

i'm so confused by this thread I'm going to eat a bag of chips because apparently the only way to gain weight is to be fat

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Nobody meant to offend you, they just disagreed with your method is all. Like if I made a thread about how I want to adopt a puppy from my neighbor and everybody told me to go to Petco instead. They don't do it to insult me, they're just trying to give me advice and share information with each other about the puppy adoption process. Except for one person who told me it was a really stupid idea because I don't know, maybe my neighbor produces terrible puppies or something, but even that guy is trying to help, he just wasn't very tactful about it (and was given a warning because we don't like rudeness!). As I'm sure you've discovered, everyone has their own ideas about the best way to diet in any given situation.

While it's never something I would try, I'm glad the fasting did work out for you.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    One person told you not to be an idiot, and you ragequit over it. He even got a warning for it. I don't see what you're so buggered about.
    Pretty much my opinions on this subject. I don't see the reason to ragequit because no one agrees with your methods. Especially when most if not all of them are trying to help you. One person insults you... so what?
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy