Thread: Torchwood

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Torchwood

I love me some Capt. Jack Harkness and while I felt the first season of Torchwood was a bit lacking, I really enjoyed the second and third seasons.

This current "bigger, more American!" season... eh. I keep feeling like the writing and acting are either taking themselves to seriously, or cheesey. I can't decide which. I think maybe the American parts have been misscast.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am absolutely loving the new season.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

I'm enjoying the Welsh part of the new season. The American part is lacking. Sure their side of things will pick up when Jack and Gwen () get involved
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

But the writing. At least in episode two. Awful. I mean... Jack and Gwen couldn't have fought their way out of capture? Or even if they couldn't... the CIA agent that poisoned Jack was super easily subdued by Gwen? WHy if Gwen couldn't fight her way out of capture? And the whole poisoning thing and the magic potion to fix Jack... it just felt like they were trying to come up with ANYTHING to make the plane trip interesting and felt false to me.

Maybe it will get back in gear by the third episode (which I'll watch tonight).

EDIT: Okay, episode three was a hell of a lot better. Maybe I was wrong about the show. I still don't think this season was as good as the last... but it's pretty good in other ways.
    Last edited by Bastian; 07-27-2011 at 06:12 AM.