Thread: putting music video on youtube..

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default putting music video on youtube..

Got a problem, if u want u can skip my story to the actual problem :P

Lately ive been totaly Hikkie'd (apearently thats what they call Utada Hikaru fans)
    Im not a person who puts posters in the bedroom etc but i really enjoy her music.

but what anoys me the most is that quite at view songs is that i cant find back on youtube anymore. theyre all Music boxes or other people singing it. and the best songs are in Japanese alone and im always curious about what she sings.

So i found a nice 'translation site' Animelyrics.com where id find most of the songs translated.

So i tought: if no one else wil do it.. than ill do it myself.
    got all the songs and now i have the translations to.
    im gonna make (simple) video with to english translated lyrics of her songs.

So here is my problem:

i see often video's being deleted becaus of copyright. and quit a while ago i uploaded a video but the music was missing, also becaus of copyright.

How can i get around this? becaus i really feel like making these video's. but i dont wanna make any effort in it if gonna get deleted!

Ty verry much already ^^

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From what I've seen, I think you can just acknowledge the copyright owner and some junk like that.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Yeah, a lot of the videos I've seen that never get removed have a lot of legal jargon mentioning the music is copyrighted and who the owners are. It mentions the music is being used under some "fair use act of 1976" or something along those lines. Apparently it allows individuals to use videos for education, dispersal, entertainment, etc. as long as it's not for profit.

Now they're put on youtube, and youtube makes money. So I don't know how legit it is, but the videos don't get removed. At least not yet.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, you can say the the fair use clause, however, it can be much more simpler. Just simply state the musician's name, the title of the song, and whatever company the song was produced under. Usually YouTube will handle all the rest by adding something to your video after it's finished processing. It will include in the sidebar, the song and artist, and a "purchase here on iTunes".

It used to be whenever a company that copyrighted the music doesn't want you using their music in the video, they just disabled the audio, but most likely what happens nowadays is a random country will ban your video. I've gotten one of my videos banned in Germany because I used a Velvet Underground song; which just means it won't play for people living in that country. It hasn't happened for all the videos I have using music and it's never been banned in the States. The point though, is that the actual video will not be removed.

Usually videos that are deleted from copyright infringement are because of companies like Viacom or NBC Universal not wanting anyone else putting up their original content. Now with things like Vevo and the way YouTube has been commercialized, companies like the ones aforementioned can now make money off of the advertisements shown before or during the videos, so of course, why wouldn't they remove other competing videos that are hogging the views...

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A while a go now, I did music videos for TV Shows using songs that in some way made me think of the show, or the characters - I was planning on extending to movies and videogames as well - I did a Squall/Rinoa video which ended up being both my favorite video and also my most popular (and also my first to be deleted on terms of copyright) It was actually quite saddening because I had put a lot of work into the videos making sure they all synched up well, and I have a very emotional attach to some of my favorite songs, and storylines. I considered it to be an art form in a way.

Two of my videos got deleted very quickly after one another (under copyright infringment of "The third party", whom I would geuss to me the person who wrote the song) so I deleted my remaining ones myself, because I was fearful of YouTube just giving up and deleting my whole account. What really depresses me is that I still get ideas for music videos, but I'm too afraid to start them up again. I have other ideas of what to do on YouTube now.

Blog Entries

aight.. ill try one video with references to origional singer etc etc etc..
    and see how that works :3

Blog Entries

aight.. heres my (first) vid
    ‪Utada Hikaru - Hikari (english subbed)‬‏ - YouTube

i hope it isnt blocked or muted wherever you are :o

Blog Entries

i uploaded some vid's and most are good (or only blocked in Japan).
    but i also have about 3 vid's that are blocked pretty much Everywhere..
    i did what u said, refered to the singer, album, company etc etc. but those 3 vids are blocked :o

is there a change of undoing these blocks?