Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent concerts

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Glad to finally see I'm not the only person going to shows. I hope to see some more shows soon, but I have been pretty busy.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Going to see a band called Ball Park Music a few times because I love them and so do a few friends and they're only a young band and therefore the tickets are cheap. I have linked a few of the songs including one called iFly which stands for I smurfing love you and another song in which the frontman smokes his own moustache.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Was at Reading Festival last weekend. Absolute blast. Architects put on a pretty killer set, despite the heavy rain, and The Blackout put on a set equally as good. Deftones were intense, and threw in a cover of Katy Perry - Firework for good measure. The Offspring was just a massive nostalgia party, and 30 Seconds To Mars put on the usual 'I'll make the crowd sing the entire show'. However, finally on the Friday was My Chemical Romance. Despite the hate, they put on a spectacular show, culminating in Brian May (Queen) joining them onstage to perform We Will Rock You and Welcome To The Black Parade.

The Saturday opened with a crazy set by The Joy Formidable, ending in an epic battle of guitar feedback. Pigeon Detectives put on a typically overindie set, but the frontman definately made up for it with his energy. Seasick Steve was killer, especially when joined by John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) on bass. Madness were awesome in the atmosphere they created around the Main Stage. Jimmy Eat World, despite the lukewarm crowd, played a solid and enjoyable set. Pulp put on an enjoyable set, with Jarvis being as camp but legendary as usually. The day ended with The Midnight Beast who put on an hilarious show.

Finally, Sunday opened with slow start. We Are The Ocean are far from my cup of tea, and Taking Back Sunday, hampered by bad sound mixing, put on a poor performance. However, the day picked up when Frank Turner took to the stage and wowed everyone with the amazing songs that many know and love (including me). Cage The Elephant's show was pretty mental, with the singer disappearing into the crowd for about 10 minutes, then proceeding to break the safety fencing. Enter Shikari caused the whole Main Stage area to be MENTAL. So so so many crowd surfers and security :') Warpaint put on a surprising brilliant melodic show and Panic! At The Disco followed with an equally as astounding set. The day closed with Interpol and Elbow doing what they do best: playing songs that never seem to go anywhere. However, the headliners made up for it. Muse's Origin Of Symmetry 10th Anniversary Set blew mine and everyone elses mind. 1 hour of the entire Origin album, and 1 hour of the usual singles. Truely impressive and a brilliant weekend of music. And yes, sorry, but my journalism skills suck
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Banned
    Blog Entries

I am ridiculously jealous of you.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Saw Judas Priest in July with Queensryche opening, was possibly the greatest show I've ever seen. Priest were on absolute fire, the showmanship, musical quality, energy. Bloody hell. The set too featured some very rare songs, Blood Red Skies, Nightcrawler, Starbreaker. They were amazing start to finish. Just a shame it didn't sell more.

I saw Iron Maiden 3 days later with Airbourne opening I was thoroughly disappointed, past the athletics and stage props was a very bored and tired band who only want to pimp the new album. Bruce Dickinson was out of key during the predictable classics shoved in and it was just, well, Airbourne upstaged them completely and actually really like Airbourne now from that gig so I didn't come out empty handed.

Then again, Judas Priest are superior in every way to Iron Maiden...

LET THE HAMMER FALL