Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: EOFF Summer 2011 Census!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default EOFF Summer 2011 Census!

It's that time again folks. Time to gather your worthless opinions regarding the Final Fantasy series, tally up the results and make fun of each and every one of you for being unforgivably wrong about everything.

Once more we'll be asking for the standard demographic questions first, followed by categories relating to the two topics being covered this time: music and visuals. Without further ado, here's the new census form:

First Part
    - First FF Played
    - Latest FF Played for the first time
    - Country of Origin
    - FF you've spent the most time playing in total

Music:
    Favourite character theme
    Favourite normal battle theme
    Favourite overworld theme
    Favourite boss theme
    Favourite final boss theme
    Favourite overall track
    Favourite soundtrack

Visuals:
    Favourite character design
    Favourite overall cast design
    Favourite non-boss enemy design
    Favourite boss design
    Favourite spell/ability effect
    Favourite town design
    Favourite overall art direction
    Favourite cutscene
    It's a similar format to the last time around so even you lot shouldn't arse this part up. Give us your pick for each category and be sure to go into as much detail as you can about your reasoning. That way I have less work to do during the reveal which is better for all involved. Remember, you can vote for any main FF title, sequel or spin-off.

You have until September 15th to send your entries to me via Mognet (I'm volunteering myself to receive them since I'm a jobless bum and have tons of free time lately). If we aren't getting enough responses before that I will start harassing people for them so save me the trouble and yourself the lecture.

The Professor has spoken.
    Last edited by Slothy; 08-25-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You underestimate the power of stupid people who can arse anything up.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If it helps, I was just trying to build their confidence. I didn't actually believe it.

And I think it's time to start the speculation. I've got FFVIII sweeping the music categories with it's delightful selection of elevator tunes. And clearly the only acceptable answer for the first half of the visuals categories is Quina. The latter half will probably go to the letter G.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFX obviously deserves all the music awards. That's my thoughts on the matter. Sadly I do not see FFX winning.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    FFX obviously deserves all the music awards. That's my thoughts on the matter. Sadly I do not see FFX winning.
    With this bunch of people you never really know. Especially when it comes to music and visuals, something I don't think a lot of people really discuss in much detail in back and forth debates over which game they like more. But so far we've only had 4 responses so who knows where it will all end up by the end. And I don't see yours there Trollhunter, so if you want FFX to win the music awards then send me your votes.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think it is obvious that we all have to do what everyone does for political elections. Don't vote and then complain bitterly about the results.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Silly question, but is 'last FF played' the last one you played for the first time or the last time you played any FF game (i.e. including replays)
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    With this bunch of people you never really know. Especially when it comes to music and visuals, something I don't think a lot of people really discuss in much detail in back and forth debates over which game they like more. But so far we've only had 4 responses so who knows where it will all end up by the end. And I don't see yours there Trollhunter, so if you want FFX to win the music awards then send me your votes.
    I'll make sure to get my response in by the end of today hopefully. It all depends on if I remember or not. Also for the favorite music do you just put the FF it was in or put the actual song? My first stupid question.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For each of them try to put the song title and the game it came from. If you're not sure what the title is then name the game and try to name where it played. So if Dancing Mad was your favourite boss theme but you didn't know the name, saying the final boss music from FFVI is fine. I'll try and ask for further clarification if we're not 100% sure of which song someone means. For favourite soundtrack you can obviously just name the game.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Silly question, but is 'last FF played' the last one you played for the first time or the last time you played any FF game (i.e. including replays)
    This came up last time I believe and I should have changed the wording for clarification. Latest FF played is the last one you played for the first time. Also, longest played FF is the title you've spent the most time playing in total across all playthroughs. I'll edit the first post so those are a bit clearer.

Character Design and Ability/effect are hard ones to think of answers for.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like the categories for this time. I will submit as soon as I know what my answers are. Like Neo said, some of these are difficult because I've never really thought about my favorite cutscene, etc.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I had a hell of a time answering these too. xD

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I've been lazy and haven't harassed people for more entries. We have a fair number now, but not nearly the response level we had in the last census. So I'm extending the vote deadline to the arbitrary chosen date of September 15th. The first post has also been edited to reflect this. Expect Mognet message harassment for those who haven't sent votes yet to commence soon.

Blog Entries

I finally sent mine ~
    I hope I did well

I sent mine about a week ago. Looking forward to it
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.