Thread: new spiderman alter ego...wtf?? really?

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Braaaaaains new spiderman alter ego...wtf?? really?

http://m.cnn.com/primary/_mDjk03-i9nHCBAUVn

So this is the replacement since they kill peter parker off. Kind of makes me upset. I mean I undertsand them wanting to add some diversity in comics but what's the point of doing this. I really don't see a need to kill off probably the most famous and popular superheroes ever just to replace his alter ego??

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They killed off ultimate Peter Parker. The regular universe Peter is still alive and well. And since the death of ultimate Peter was well done and the book is entering some truly uncharted territory, at least for now, I'm looking forward to it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Aw, I really liked Ultimate Peter, better than the standard Spidey, at least in the first four years of the comic (which is all I've read). Oh wait, is Ultimate Comics Spider-Man different from Ultimate Spider-Man?

It is cool to see them take it in a new direction with a multi-racial hero. I just hope they don't make it overly sterotypical. I never really saw Peter as a white kid with white boy problems. His problems could exist no matter what his race.

So why couldn't they just start over with Peter being multi-racial? Reminds me of when the dude from Community wanted to try out for the new Spider-Man movie but they wouldn't even let him audition.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Oh wait, is Ultimate Comics Spider-Man different from Ultimate Spider-Man?
    Same book, different title.

So why couldn't they just start over with Peter being multi-racial? Reminds me of when the dude from Community wanted to try out for the new Spider-Man movie but they wouldn't even let him audition.
    While you could always simply start over with a new version of Spider-Man in a mini-series or something, I think the death of Ultimate Peter Parker is something that was worth exploring. Not just for how he faces it but how everyone from friends and family, to other super heroes and the people of New York deal with it. Particularly since he had recently come to be seen as a hero rather than the menace the Daily Bugle spent years painting him as being. And really, in terms of where you could take the Peter Parker character, it would have been hard to eventually move him into adulthood without needlessly retreading some of the same ground that the regular universe has already covered. Granted, Brian Bendis had done a great job avoiding that problem so far, but since I don't expect Peter's death to be permanent (colour me a jaded comic book fan), we may yet see Peter grow up... again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meh, people don't live forever. And, especially with comic books, there's a dozen different versions where Peter isn't dead. I've always thought he was kind of a bitchbag anyway.

Default The new spider man

Spider man is my favorite super hero...This is my very close friend when i was sleep...LOL.. I'm just kidding...Spider man is my idol for ever i want to become a super hero someday!!