Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Again, the Moon

Default Again, the Moon

I just remembered.

The moon was visible from the Squall / Seifer scene. In that scene, everything (even the faces of Squall and Seifer and thier bodies) were all brightened, lightened and reflected by the Moon - all in an exaggerated way.

But anyways,

From my personal experience, it's very hard, if not impossible to spill your own blood onto something and make it look like any perfect shape without using your hands. Ahh~ don't worry, I didn't cut myself on purpose just to see if I can make some nice art.

But seriously, though, that blood line is so perfect. I believe that it resembles a certain symbol. This is the symbol I'm gonna talk about: thanks to Flare_Cross from this board:

Symbols.com - Symbol 2:13

Look at this meaning:

"the symbol was used to denote the moon."

And look at the other meanings. Some of these meanings are based on similar symbols so I guess that's why they are put on the same page.

Isn't it ironic that the monsters came from the Moon? "rain that does not reach the ground" And Christmas, yes... Squall's mother Raine.

But the main thing is... if you combine all of those meanings from the symbol page into a few words. What do you get? Something like "unchanged", "uninfluenced", "adapted with no consequences", "nothing changes", "mass-preventable" or whatever.

I guess this explains why we see the Moon a lot from the game.
    And this is another proof that tells us that the story is fated and destined. For example, Squall's fate was known and acknowledged when he told Matron to create SeeD and the garden. So therefore, nothing will harm Squall (only in prior to his very final time-loop).

However, in the ending... after when Squall meets Rinoa on the garden, you see the Moon for the last time. And this last time, you get to see Griever on the moon as well. The significance of "Griever" is best known for braveness, a-like lion, knight, blah blah blah.

Did the Moon show up at the ending to remind us that that the symbolism of "Squall" is still alive, even though that his fate is already completed? Or... Griever being there on the Moon gives us a hint that Squall's something was taken away because he has already finished his fate? Or.... is it there to remind us that the whole time-loop is about to start over again?
    Last edited by Serapy; 08-07-2011 at 02:47 AM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Griever was on the moon?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

wha?

Edited for a much better photo quality.

Dude, Future Esthar totally needs to see this. I'm sure he'll make a better theory!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The moon is also a symbol of the night, which lets you know when it is night. *sage nod*
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Griever was on the moon?
    Before Neil Alden Armstrong.

Raine's grave suggested that the ff8 takes place in between 1500 and 1600.
    The deep sea research suggested that the ff8 takes place in between 3000 and 5000

what if various places on ff8 have thier actual timezones? like some place is year 1200, some other place is 4000. damn witches messing up the whole world

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    The deep sea research suggested that the ff8 takes place in between 3000 and 5000

what if various places on ff8 have thier actual timezones? like some place is year 1200, some other place is 4000. damn witches messing up the whole world
    some places are just not as technologically advanced...Winhill is a good example. It's a piece of crap in the middle of nothing.

wat

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post

some places are just not as technologically advanced...Winhill is a good example. It's a piece of crap in the middle of nothing.
    again, ff8 isn't our world. so you can't really say if a ff8 thing is advanced or not.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post

again, ff8 isn't our world. so you can't really say if a ff8 thing is advanced or not.
    *chuckles* yes technologically advanced sections of the world is madness! They have to be in different TIME ZONES! That's it!

Come on Serapy, you can troll better than this.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Griever was on the moon?
    There's a bar there where all the characters go to in their spare time. Kinda like the restaurant at the end of the universe, but more crap.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The only thing I see is that frog saying some unregistered domain crap!