Thread: Crazy oblivion...

Default Crazy oblivion...

I know I couldn't survive that. Could you? But all of that were fake, so nothing to worry about, right? Even if he fells off the island, everything will be still okay! Or maybe not.

But anyways, how did Laguna know that it takes love, friendship and courage to return safely during the time decompression? Did the doctor tell him? Or was Laguna the victim of a previous time compression (or decompression) so he knew how to survive? Thinking of Raine and stuff.

It's amazing how thoughts of friends and love can bend gigantic space and teleport to somewhere real from your mind in the brink of an eye!

All those memories related to your friends and what you love. They are the easiest way of getting back to where you came from. If you don't have the courage to believe they still exist, you end in oblivion (or you'd be unsure like our pal Squall here is). Otherwise you'd just need a damn strong mind to position yourself somewhere during time decompression. You could get anywhere you wanted to go.
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Breaker View Post
    All those memories related to your friends and what you love. They are the easiest way of getting back to where you came from. If you don't have the courage to believe they still exist, you end in oblivion (or you'd be unsure like our pal Squall here is). Otherwise you'd just need a damn strong mind to position yourself somewhere during time decompression. You could get anywhere you wanted to go.
    Yeah, it's not Kingdom Hearts Friends are Power, it's just a matter of knowing where you want to go. Squall gets isolated for a bit, because throughout the entire game he's uninterested in making friends, and therefore has no memories that immediately makes him go "omg that was such an awesome day!"

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Breaker View Post
    that's not the answer I was looking for. I already knew how all of these things worked. i was just wondering how laguna knew about all of that. it's like he was either told by odine, his own expierence of some related incident from the past..... or, of course, from the ff8 writer himself/herself.

Well might say, related to moon topic, "all places are from different era" might say Odine told Laguna. Supposedly Esthar has access to all old documents of Squall and co. reports of these travels.
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~

Maybe Edea knows how Time Compression works and told Odine who told Laguna.

I think Laguna just said it as part of his peptalk.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

It's always how those things work! "Think of your friends!" "Think of your happiest memory!"

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    It's always how those things work! "Think of your friends!" "Think of your happiest memory!"
    So FF VIII is really a Shonen manga.

Ellone's power helps them to go to Ultimecia's era
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of A Soul colored by love and loneliness ~ Evol